IGNORED

Pienaar

I was on of the people jumping for joy the most when Pienaar joined us, and have been pleased he has lived up to my expectations. I would be sorely disappointed if we let him go and would also be shocked. Apart from the fact that he has just been named our player of the year, an indication surely that the club value his significant contribution and value, it would also go against quite vehement comments from Moyes that we are no longer a selling club, ( following the Man Utd game when the press went nuts over Rodwell ). The older I get, the less I take anything the press says with any value or credibility. The fact the player and agent have even discussed a move has been due to persistent and relentless baiting by the media. So Pienaar has said he wants to know who he is playing for next year 'before' he goes to the world cup. What exactly does that mean other than he wants to extend the 1 year left on his deal and he is not airing his linen in public. As frustrating as it is, I like the way we do our business quietly, despite any sensationalising by the media.

As a nod the pessimist, if he does leave, I would think it will then only be a matter of time before Moyes goes, as at that point, Everton will have set their stall out that they have lost any ambition at all. But, I don't believe thats the case.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Spurs-in-negotiations-with-Everton-midfielder-Steven-Pienaar/7530/

can Spurs do that? Dont they have to get permission from the club 1st?

another story, another link:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05/05/tottenham-ready-to-offer-everton-tempting-14m-swap-deal/

Edited by galacticaracnid

Here's hoping that Moyes isn't tempted. I mean, Robbie Keane, that's one hell of a carrot to dangle. :blink: In all seriousness, the rumour mongering amongst the press is laughable at times. Why would we want another over the hill, journey man, past his best, has been. I said sarcastically in another thread that I missed the 90's, but a move like this would definitely put us right back there in glorious mediocrity. As long as we put a decent contract in fornt of Pienaar, he won't be going anywhere, unless Spain comes a knocking. Injuries aside, we were definitely a top four side but for our poor start and would have finished 3rd or 4th had we not been so unlucky. Everton have more longevity and consistency in the team than Spurs, and I am sure that Pienaar won't be sold on a Champions league dream by a side that will slip back down the table next year. Moyes has repeatedly stated we are not a selling club now, and I see no reason why this deal wouldn't get put straight into the bin. Tripe!!!

It's simple, we should not sell Pienaar even if it meant we were getting somebody else in return plus cash. He's too important in our side, and nobody we could afford at the moment could put in the performances and work rate he puts in.

On a side note, Robbie Keane (supposedly a massive Liverpool fan when he was a boy as he claimed when he signed for them), would he really want to sign for Everton? :lol:

On a side note, Robbie Keane (supposedly a massive Liverpool fan when he was a boy as he claimed when he signed for them), would he really want to sign for Everton? :lol:

Yes, he would. He was all set to sign for us a few years ago til Spurs pulled the plug.

Guest blueboy122

Robbie Keane makes me laugh and he is the typical football player trying to be the fans favourite, when he signed for celtic on loan in January he revealed that he supported them for his whole life and it was a dream come true! Il try and find u some evidence, but he most of loved you'll never walk alone anthem when he was a boy haaha

Robbie Keane makes me laugh and he is the typical football player trying to be the fans favourite, when he signed for celtic on loan in January he revealed that he supported them for his whole life and it was a dream come true! Il try and find u some evidence, but he most of loved you'll never walk alone anthem when he was a boy haaha

Robbie Keane's from Tallaght. As explained before he has supported Celtic his entire life, as well as Liverpool. It is very common in most areas of Ireland for someone to support both Celtic and an english team.

still worrying though if they are delaying it, what i will say is hes clearly a brilliant player but if he doesnt want to play for everton any more we should let him go, dont want another lescott do we, and id rather have a team of players who want to play for the mighty blues than ones that arent arsed

if all thinks go normal, S-Africa will not make the 2nd round, and he'll have about 3 average games with quite an average team. so i don't think interest will rise after the WC.

not my concern. im worried that it was mentioned by both him, his agent and Everton that his contract should be sorted before he leaves for the world cup.

still worrying though if they are delaying it, what i will say is hes clearly a brilliant player but if he doesnt want to play for everton any more we should let him go, dont want another lescott do we, and id rather have a team of players who want to play for the mighty blues than ones that arent arsed

He has mentioned many times that he wants to be with Everton next season, so wont be another Jlo. If he does leave it will be worse...

He's off lets be honest BUT if it was to Spurs how about swapping him with Keane & Jenas (Or just the latter + some ££)??

I don't want him to go, but he's going else he'd off signed whatever's been put in front of him, so just a thought of getting some decent players & or player + cash.

I like Jenas always have, he's just faded a little bit recently at Spurs!!!