IGNORED

Pienaar

I agree but there are a few in here who think he is overated and "would get rid for £6M"

Say what? Do we really think he'd go back to Germany? Didn't exactly have a stellar time there on his last visit. If he's to leave us I can't really see him going outside England, he's certainly more than adapted to the style and speed of play here.

I for one think he'll still be with us next season, he's settled in really well with our squad and with the team.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/397764246?-11192

Pienaar unaware of Bayern intentions

Everton midfield schemer Steven Pienaar insists he does not know anything about reported interest from German outfit Bayern Munich.

The Bundesliga giants are reported to be considering a move for the South African ace as they look at possible replacements for Franck Ribery.

Ribery is widely expected to depart Munich this summer and they are now scouring the world looking for possible recruits.

Pienaar's name has been mentioned, and he is no stranger to the Bundesliga having previously starred for Borussia Dortmund.

Pienaar, 27, has just 18 months left on his current deal at Goodison Park.

The player himself insists he has only heard rumours about Bayern and that nothing concrete has materialised.

He told KickOff: "I only heard about this at training when Louis Saha came to me during our warm up and said 'I heard some rumours of Bayern Munich being interested in you'.

"I really don't know anything about this myself."

Can i point out something from this article, is it me or does Saha seem like a bit of a shit stirer here? Why would you say anything if you didn't want to rattle the cage? Tw*t.

Can i point out something from this article, is it me or does Saha seem like a bit of a shit stirer here? Why would you say anything if you didn't want to rattle the cage? Tw*t.

Sure they talk about rumours the same as we do.

Got a feeling he might have heard about it somewhere else if Louis hadn't said anything...I know for a fact for example (from my acupuncturist's nephew's fiancée's third cousin once removed on her adoptive step-father's side), that Steven reads TT regularly so we really should be having a go at Mark for letting the cat out of the bag by posting the Times link in the first place :angry: !

Got a feeling he might have heard about it somewhere else if Louis hadn't said anything...I know for a fact for example (from my acupuncturist's nephew's fiancée's third cousin once removed on her adoptive step-father's side), that Steven reads TT regularly so we really should be having a go at Mark for letting the cat out of the bag by posting the Times link in the first place :angry: !

Steven if you are reading. We all love you, and would like that new contract signed because we think you're fantastic player and you optimise the 'Everton way' with your hard work and guile. please stay, lots of love, TT forum users :)

Ah shit Mike, don't be mad with me, I couldn't cope with that ;).

im sure when pienaar leaves we will have a replacement for him...hes good but hes not the be all and end all of efc we have some good lads comeing through.

Well I know you dont rate him but do you honestly think that we have got anybody coming through who could be even half as good as Piennar and if so who because I havent seen them yet?

Also if we lose him on a free/cheaply then we will not be able to buy a replacement for him because I think your looking at least £15-20M to get somebody in who could even attempt to try and replace him

im sure when pienaar leaves we will have a replacement for him...hes good but hes not the be all and end all of efc we have some good lads comeing through.

Are you mad? When peanuts was out injured we couldn't win a game and we played fucking awful football. We had no enterprise and nobody wanted the ball and could'nt create anything!! Do you think it is coincedence since he has come back we are winning games again and looking like a proper team? The guy is totally underated and would piss on the Nasri's and Rosickys of this world who cost £10 million plus. He would walk into any team in the Prem top four and we need to pay him the going rate! I didn't think he said anyting bad to be honest and if we offered him what Mikky,Saha, Jonny and Tim are on i'm sure he would sign in a heartbeat to secure his future.

‘There have been talks about a new deal at Everton, but that seems to have gone quiet.'

Not at all what I want to hear. How the f*ck can we let negotiations with a start player go quiet in the run up to world cup with 12 months on his contract? Are we betting SA will get shlacked and the interest will die down? Madness. Get him signed on 4 or 5 years and do it now.

‘There have been talks about a new deal at Everton, but that seems to have gone quiet.'

Not at all what I want to hear. How the f*ck can we let negotiations with a start player go quiet in the run up to world cup with 12 months on his contract? Are we betting SA will get shlacked and the interest will die down? Madness. Get him signed on 4 or 5 years and do it now.

This.

Everton are playing with fire and I hope we don't get burned by it.

This.

Everton are playing with fire and I hope we don't get burned by it.

I think this is a little presumptuous. All we have done during the last few years is tie up players (Cahill, Arteta, Jags) very early onto improved contracts if they deserve them. Due to this, I can only assume that this has been the case with Pienaar and it's just that Pienaar either wants too good an offer or he wants to wait and see what happens (ie who comes in for him) before committing himself long term. I don't think we should all assume that somehow Moyes or the board are to blame when recent history suggests it is more likely Pienaar who is the unwilling party (especially when you read his article).

He's a very, very good player but his end product isn't always there and he has days where nothing comes off. I love Pienaar but he's not as good as Arteta and if he doesn't sign a new deal then we have to look at selling him as we can't afford to lose a player of his quality and worth for nothing.

All we have done during the last few years is tie up players (Cahill, Arteta, Jags) very early onto improved contracts if they deserve them. Due to this, I can only assume that this has been the case with Pienaar and it's just that Pienaar either wants too good an offer or he wants to wait and see what happens...

More than likely to be the truth imo. Makes sense.

Pienaar, for me, is probably Evertons most important player at the moment.If the players around him respond to his play opponents just can't contain him.It's surely no surprise other teams want him who wouldn't.

If HE wants to stay, he will.But we probably can't offer him enough if he wants to go.

Moyes will just have to find another Pienaar, he's done it before.

If he stays, it will say alot about where Everton are going.

i think the fact he hasn't signed a new deal and things have quietened down are due to pienaar and his camp more than ours. i mean why would he discuss or sign any deal before the world cup? he'd be silly to do that

imo his manager should have been pushing for a new deal during the last month when his play was excellent.

i dont know where you got i dont rate him from...because i think hes the best player we have but he has been in talks in the past and doesnt seem interested in signing and going by his interview wants to leave for a change... so if thats the case good luck to him but that wont be till 2011 summer so i wont lose any sleep over it...and im sure we will have a replacement if and that is if he leaves.

Sorry my apologies I was getting you confused with pete0, I had a bit of a debate with him and CraccerC the other week about Piennar when they were slagging him off

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

imo his manager should have been pushing for a new deal during the last month when his play was excellent.

maybe pienaar's reps said he wont sign a new deal till after the world cup...makes sense

as for slaggin stevie off, difference between saying someone's overrated and pointing to aspects of his game that could be improved and slagging him off. i wouldnt slag him off...the only person i feel like slagging off right now is howard

maybe pienaar's reps said he wont sign a new deal till after the world cup...makes sense

as for slaggin stevie off, difference between saying someone's overrated and pointing to aspects of his game that could be improved and slagging him off. i wouldnt slag him off...the only person i feel like slagging off right now is howard

To be fair it was pete0 who did the slagging off but it was you who said he was overrated and that we should sell him for £6M, personally I think he is worth at least double that

he is over rated and the main point i was tryin to make was that he's not a winger, which he has proved playin soo much better in the middle, but we already have enough better players there than him. i was sayin to sell him and get a proper winger/side midfielder. IMO £6 mil would be a fair price, double to if its to city

:rolleyes:

he is over rated and the main point i was tryin to make was that he's not a winger, which he has proved playin soo much better in the middle, but we already have enough better players there than him. i was sayin to sell him and get a proper winger/side midfielder. IMO £6 mil would be a fair price, double to if its to city

Lol well we have already agreed to disagree on that one so I will not go there again

But if you can find a player as good or even better than Peanuts for £6M then maybe you should be our chief scout

To be fair it was pete0 who did the slagging off but it was you who said he was overrated and that we should sell him for £6M, personally I think he is worth at least double that

if he wasn't nearing the end of a contract, i'd agree with you. he cost us so little as well so for a team to be talking 10million plus i'd say he would need more goals and assists to his name.

i agree though, on top form and with years on his contract he's definitely worth more than 6.

you have to take into account the current market! 6 million is nearly what we paid for Distin, you going to pay the same Pienaar? Come on, anything less than 15, despite the contract situation, is stupid. We cant replace him with 6 million and im pretty sure we wouldnt get the total money from that to spend on a replacement anyway.

Agreed, £6 mill is way too low to let Pienaar go.

Look at the price of some fairly recent transfers, and then compare the impact he has on our team to the impact of others, for example Riera, Downing (and before you say it I know he's not an out and out winger).

• 2 weeks later...