IGNORED

Pienaar

This.

If we don't get a penny in for him then it's unlikely that he'll be replaced at all. And that's unthinkable!

At the same time we are a better side with him in the team so he could help us push both up the table and hopefully into Europe making us back the 2.5 mill that we could have got in fees, the other issue is will the player we sign to replace him with (again if we do sign someone!) fit into the team or be another Billy that takes awhile to settle? I guess its all if's and buts as he come come in like Landon and fit straight in aswell!

For me i would prefer him in the team till the end of the season and lose him for nothing.

At the same time we are a better side with him in the team so he could help us push both up the table and hopefully into Europe making us back the 2.5 mill that we could have got in fees...

Think we'd only make that much from the Europa by winning it (or at least making the final).

Our decent UEFA run a couple of years back earned us less than £1m I think.

So to get the money back we'd need top four, which is unlikely....though not impossible.

Give him the £2.5m and have him for another 5 years, its a no brainer.

Going round in circles here Bill, you said the same on the last page and I'd answer it the same way I did then...

...if it's true that he's just wanting parity with Arteta and being refused it but we have absolutely no way of knowing if that's the case.

Pienaar holds all the cards, maybe we've offered him parity, maybe he's made his mind up to go, possibly he wants to play champions league and will sign if we get into the top four.

Truth is no-one outside the club knows the truth so imo to say the club have got it wrong is pure speculation.

I would be gutted if we let him go for £2.5M, especially if it is to another Premiership club who are in direct competiton with us (Spurs for example)

I would much rather take the hit and keep him until the end of the season, who knows we could win the FA Cup and get into Europe via our league position with him in the side and surely that would make up the dosh

The whole thread is going around in circles, the way i see it is that Everton have 3 choices.

1 .... They sell in January and receive a miserly sum of £2.5 million, but that price is only hearsay at the moment.

2 .... They keep him until the end of season and he leaves for free, zilch, zero, nowt, sweet fook all.

3..... We give him an extra £10 thousand a week = £50 thousand a year and he may sign a contract and stay for another 5 years = £2.5m.

If EFC allow this player to leave for free, or even for a paltry sum thats been mentioned knowing that it will cost 4 or 5 times the amount to replace him, the manager and the board must have no brains.

I can see one, and only one course of action to take, its idiotic if they go any other way.

I know peeps have other views on it and i respect that, but my reply to that is that even if they go out and find a cheap replacement (how cheap is cheap these days) they still have to pay the player a wage, and the wage combined with a transfer fee will cost a lot more than giving Pienaar a good wage.

Amen.

The whole thread is going around in circles, the way i see it is that Everton have 3 choices.

1 .... They sell in January and receive a miserly sum of £2.5 million, but that price is only hearsay at the moment.

2 .... They keep him until the end of season and he leaves for free, zilch, zero, nowt, sweet fook all.

3..... We give him an extra £10 thousand a week = £50 thousand a year and he may sign a contract and stay for another 5 years = £2.5m.

If EFC allow this player to leave for free, or even for a paltry sum thats been mentioned knowing that it will cost 4 or 5 times the amount to replace him, the manager and the board must have no brains.

I can see one, and only one course of action to take, its idiotic if they go any other way.

I know peeps have other views on it and i respect that, but my reply to that is that even if they go out and find a cheap replacement (how cheap is cheap these days) they still have to pay the player a wage, and the wage combined with a transfer fee will cost a lot more than giving Pienaar a good wage.

Amen.

Personally I dont think it matters what we offer him I think he has already decided where he wants to play his football next season and its not at Goodison

Personally I dont think it matters what we offer him I think he has already decided where he wants to play his football next season and its not at Goodison

i wish he'd say it and fuck off then if that's the case

Completely agree with both of you, except with the fuck off part. At no point during the time he had a contract with Everton did anyone think it was a bad deal for Everton (like vandermeyde or bily now..). Apparently playing out his contract with Everton and then moving on is what he thinks fits best into his carreer path. When a club signs a player to a contract, do they honestly think of the resale value as a factor in deciding how much the player should be paid? I don't think so. So whatever happens it will be a win for Everton. Either in the fact that he signs a new contract and we keep a quality player or he leaves and Everton will have had a player that was well worth every £ he was paid.

In the (adapted) words of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV : "If he leaves, he leaves."

The way I see it, if we wait till the end of his contract and let him go for a free it's because we don't feel we have a suitable replacement for the rest of the season.

I just don't understand what they're planning on doing once this season is over, we've got to replace a what 10mil+ player? with pennies.

The way I see it, if we wait till the end of his contract and let him go for a free it's because we don't feel we have a suitable replacement for the rest of the season.

I just don't understand what they're planning on doing once this season is over, we've got to replace a what 10mil+ player? with pennies.

There is nobody else at the club who can do the job Piennar does

bein mentioned about jags gettin a new improved deal...not sure why...use that money to give to pieman surely?

As I said earlier I dont think it would make a blind bit of difference what money we offer Piennar I reckon he has already got himself sorted out for next season and he wont be playinf for us

i know foreign clubs will be able to sign him to a pre contract agreement in january, but clubs in the champions league may be interested in buying in january since he's not cup tied. even if it were only 5 mil, it would be better to at least get something other than just the freed up wage space

edit: plus i feel like whatever money moyes had put aside for pienaar's improved contract this past summer will be freed up. hopefully that can translate into being able to find a suitable replacement.

Edited by American Evertonian

i know foreign clubs will be able to sign him to a pre contract agreement in january, but clubs in the champions league may be interested in buying in january since he's not cup tied. even if it were only 5 mil, it would be better to at least get something other than just the freed up wage space

edit: plus i feel like whatever money moyes had put aside for pienaar's improved contract this past summer will be freed up. hopefully that can translate into being able to find a suitable replacement.

If we were offered £5M I would drive him there myself but if the £2.5M figure being bandied about is true then I would rather he stays until the end of the season