IGNORED

Pienaar

* News

* News Archive

* Bid Accepted For Pienaar

David Moyes has confirmed Everton have accepted an offer for Steven Pienaar.

He said two bids had been received for the South African but one was knocked back.

Pienaar is out of contract in the summer and has turned down the offer of a new deal at Goodison Park.

Moyes said: “We have had two offers – one of which has been accepted – and we have given permission for his representatives to speak to the club involved.”

Asked if Pienaar would be involved in Sunday’s Merseyside derby, Moyes added: “At the moment I would think so."

Here is the link:

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/01/14/bid-accepted-for-pienaar?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Bid+Accepted+For+Pienaar

Very suprised at some peeps saying we wont miss Pienaar :o when he has arguably been our best player for the past three seasons.

We have had some purple patches from Lescott a few years ago, Arteta, Fellaini, and Jagielka more recently, but for me Piennaar is so far ahead in that he shows such consistency, Baines might be our man so far this season, but its only because of the understanding he has with Piennaar.

I wish him well wherever he goes but i wish he was staying here, because we will miss him, and miss him a lot. I just hope Baines maintains his form and is not affected by him going.

Agreed

on the contrary, i think he's a very talented and very good footballer...it just surprises me that he consistently gets the plaudits without actually contributing much in the final third. he's a good player, no doubt, and he puts his shift in in the middle and tracks back, but do you not think our most 'creative' attacking midfielder should have a clue in the final third? he's very much lacking in productivity. this is the reason i didn't want to give him 70 odd grand a week, for that much money you want end product...well even more strongly, you need it. too much money, he can leave for me, i'm not that bothered. you look at other players in the league, take jarvis for example. would you say pienaar was a better footballer than him? for sure. i'd rather have jarvis everyday of the week though when we're going forward, because he's a threat. if eagles replaces pienaar, as has been touted....that wouldn't be a bad move in my eyes, he's a decent player and more of an attacking threat than pienaar, even if he is a lesser footballer in terms of technical skills and workrate.

You have been on record many a time to say that you dont rate him so I would have thought you would be elated by the news.

This no end product bit winds me up. The entire side has had no end product in the final 3rd because of how poor our forwards are.

As I said earlier if Piennar had somebody making runs into space ahead of him (ala Baines) Im pretty sure that more often than not he would get the ball through to them.

I havent seen the stats but I would imagine that in most games he touches the ball way more often than any other player we have, he is integral to the way we play. Ok most of the time its simple short passes but the point is he is always there to receive the ball

I suspect it will be a bit like Lee Carsley, were most fans wont appreciate how much he does until he has gone

He may not gave the most assist but I'd like to know how many of the crosses baines has put in were laid on by pienaar

I agree with this. Pienaar may not get many direct assists but the times its been him putting the ball on a plate for baines to cross is unreal. Pretty much every Baines open play assist Pienaar will have got him in that position. Its fine if we can get someone else to come in and do the same job (or just provide the cross to start with!) but I think thats where we might miss him.

You have been on record many a time to say that you dont rate him so I would have thought you would be elated by the news.

This no end product bit winds me up. The entire side has had no end product in the final 3rd because of how poor our forwards are.

As I said earlier if Piennar had somebody making runs into space ahead of him (ala Baines) Im pretty sure that more often than not he would get the ball through to them.

I havent seen the stats but I would imagine that in most games he touches the ball way more often than any other player we have, he is integral to the way we play. Ok most of the time its simple short passes but the point is he is always there to receive the ball

I suspect it will be a bit like Lee Carsley, were most fans wont appreciate how much he does until he has gone

I kinda agree with this. His movement creates opportunities for others BUT there have been countless times where he has had a weak shot at goal where he should have been doing much better or where he tries an intricate through ball when a simpler option is available. We will struggle to find someone with the same work rate and team ethic but at the same time we might find that we end up generating more assists/goals? I guess we will have to wait and see. I for one will be sad to see him leave and I wish him luck wherever he ends up, just preferably not Spurs!

He may not gave the most assist but I'd like to know how many of the crosses baines has put in were laid on by pienaar

probably quite a few, but osman provided good service over there for baines as well....baines is the talent there, laying one on down the wing and letting someone else do the hard part doesn't warrant 70 odd grand a week

speculation, pienaar has very rarely been that type of player in the past, and he doesn't score many at all.

you've got me twisted, i've said he's overrated, which he is. he's a good player but he's not worth 70k a week, for that sort of money you want a top player, champions league, ability to change a game quality.

people love pienaar because he puts a shift in, but the production point is valid, as an attacking midfielder you need to produce. good players will do that and can do that out of nothing. you just have to watch players like nani and see what they can do, pienaar, well he doesn't really unlock anything, threaten the keeper much...he's not much of an attacking midfielder. id be willing to bet adam johnson is on nowhere near 75k a week but i'd rather have him all day every day of the week over pienaar....whenever he plays, stuff happens...that's ability

Pienaar want's big money in his pay packet, Spurs, Chelsea and a few other clubs are ready and waiting to pay him.I don't think many clubs in the prem wouldn't want a player like him, like us they just can't afford his wages.

I think in the last couple of seasons he would have been the first name on the teamsheet for me, I rate him that highly.Unplayable at times and always gives 100%.

surely he and Baines' partnership was at times magic.

Good luck Pienaar, if you stay till the end of the season, just give us a few more happy memories, starting Sunday.

Theres just one question i'd like answering in all this, How much does Steven Pienaar think Steven Pienaar is worth a week? He must have quite a thing for himself! I like him and think he fits into our team perfectly but seriously how much does he expect to get?

It's a good question. None of us really know what sort of character he is when the cameras are off.

He had an incredible Confederations Cup in 2009, up there performing alongside (and sometimes outperforming) the very best players in the world (but were the rest of them as up for it as SA?).

Then there was the huge publicity he got as the golden boy of Bafana Bafana in the WC last summer (where, when it mattered, he was nothing special).

Maybe he sees himself as a world superstar and wants to earn accordingly? Maybe his agents, hangers-on and assorted sycophants tell him that every day?

Could be totally wide of the mark.....who knows?

I think Mike is correct. He's the most popular player in South Africa (likely to be the most popular sportsman amongst the Black South Africans who follow and participate in football more than the White South Africans).

In the domestic league he made his debut at 16 and was the face of Ajax Cape Town which at the time was a newly established club in Cape Town and it was promoted heavily in the Cape Town area. It involved one of the biggest names in European club football (Ajax) and it merged two of the most successful South African teams (Seven Stars and Cape Town Spurs) together to create a "superclub". At 16, he led Ajax Cape Town to two cup finals, winning one and losing the other before being moved on to Ajax Amsterdam.

Thanks for the memories Stevie, all those wonderful goals you scored and the amount of times you set up a goal for the side. Then I woke up.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pienaar but it really isn't going to be a massive loss on the pitch. Off the field we'll miss the couple of million he would have brought in. But on the pitch that graft can be replaced, and who knows, we might find someone who'll not fuck up the final ball.

my opinion exactly

Pienaar want's big money in his pay packet, Spurs, Chelsea and a few other clubs are ready and waiting to pay him.I don't think many clubs in the prem wouldn't want a player like him, like us they just can't afford his wages.

I think in the last couple of seasons he would have been the first name on the teamsheet for me, I rate him that highly.Unplayable at times and always gives 100%.

surely he and Baines' partnership was at times magic.

Good luck Pienaar, if you stay till the end of the season, just give us a few more happy memories, starting Sunday.

Agreed

I just dont see it, this Spurs deal baffles me. They just got rid of Keane and Bentley, they still have Krankjar, Bale, Modric, van der Vaart, Palacios, Jenas, Huddlestone, Giovanni and Lennon.

Piennaar would be better off staying here cos i dont think he will get as much game time. It must be about the money so in that respect i'm disappointed in Steven. :(

I just dont see it, this Spurs deal baffles me. They just got rid of Keane and Bentley, they still have Krankjar, Bale, Modric, van der Vaart, Palacios, Jenas, Huddlestone, Giovanni and Lennon.

Piennaar would be better off staying here cos i dont think he will get as much game time. It must be about the money so in that respect i'm disappointed in Steven. :(

thats what i was thinking, he probably had more chance at Chelsea! Maybe their recent run has made him think theyre on the way down and Spurs are on the way up and he wants to win things....

I also been thinking this season that he is made to look better than he is because of Baines.

It must be about the money so in that respect i'm disappointed in Steven. :(

Me also....though if he's turned down Chelsea will Spurs be able (or willing) to offer him more than they did :mellow: ?

If it was about Champions League football, as we'd speculated, then he'd have signed for Chelsea surely? They're in a rough patch but certainly still a better bet for top four than Spurs....OK so he can play for Spurs in it this season but realistically they're not going much further.

And if it really is all about money he'll go nowhere until the summer because he'll make a lot more for himself and his "people" by waiting.