IGNORED

Pienaar

Harry Redknapp said in interview on SSN that he expects Pienaar to be available for team selection on Saturday.

I still don't really understand this at all.

OK Spurs are currently in the champions league, however that is looking less and less likely for next season. So what is he gaining?

He was apparently offered a lucrative contract with Everton. He was almost guaranteed a starting place in the side.

Spurs have a lot of midfielders so he is likely going to have to spend a lot of time on the bench, polishing his @rse. He is unlikely to be earning a vast amount more.

I seriously believe that this move was orchestrated by agents, not by Pienaar himself, but once they got their hooks into him, his head was turned.

I am sorry to see him go, and he has been an integral part of our team. But leaving like this.... Goodbye Stevie ... and thanks for all the fish.

I think its very easy to understand why he has gone there.

If the reports are true he has been given in excess of £75k a week there where as we only offered him £50k a week.

Spurs are clearly on the way up where as it looks like the end of the road for us. He has got a much better chance of wining things with them and the fact that he isnt gauranteed a starting place is probably worth the gamble to him

I will take your word for it DMIM. But I do stand by the rest of what I said.

Time will tell of course. It is just so disappointing as we are unlikely to find a good replacement in the near future. I am not so sure we are attractive enough to get someone to come here of that calibre.

(Hope I am totally wrong)

There's a POSSIBILITY....Pienaar will win more at Spurs!

There's a POSSIBILITY....Pienaar will get a first team start at spurs every week!

It's a FACT..............Pienaar will get MORE money!

The only thing that's certain is the money.Harry could leave for the England job, Bale might want to move on and Van Der Vart could lose his form or get injured.The Spurs bubble could burst, well it's a possibility.

It's also a possibility, that next season we might actualy start well and finish above Spurs, who we took 4 points off this season.

But it wont really matter, because Steven, God bless him, will have more money in the bank.

Saying and meaning all that, I have to add, I kinda liked the bloke and think he's a really good player.....but like most, very greedy :(

Saying and meaning all that, I have to add, I kinda liked the bloke and think he's a really good player.....but like most, very greedy :(

...the one thing I most certainly won't miss is that "God is Great" T-shirt bullshit. Found that thoroughly nauseating and embarrassing (though forgave him because it being unveiled meant he'd scored :P ).

Hello All , I see there is some mixed Views about Pienaar and Dont Worry Even As A Spurs Fan Im Confused....

Yes I love to see Pienaar at spurs , he is a very good player. Firstly We have just bought a young centre back called Khumalo , Whom played for South Africa in world cup , soo this signing off pienaar might help this kid come through. Secondly tottenham surprisingly dont have many good right sided players, accept for Lennon (whom lately has been poor, actually nearly all season) ... and bentley before he left for the blues , there was no real competition. So i think this may put spurs in a stronger situation on the right hand side. Could play VDV on the right but he is 100X Better in the centre and Kranjcar is poor on the right. Finally money , and like someone above said i think this decision was made more by the agent than player. 9 Out of 10 players would honestly pick chelsea over spurs due to constant UCL football.

the decision might be bad for pienaar though... if he went to chelsea even, playing time will be much less than his regular place at everton , so caarer wise i think it might be bad for steven , but we will see.

Finally dont be suprised if there hasnt been possible discussions over a possible move for robbie keane or niko kranjcar going to everton the other way in next few days. Im pretty sure levy and your owner would have had words...

Last weekend , well done on beating us , well deserved . Only if VDV bloody found the net lol :)

Edited by Friendly_Spurs

i honestly think hes gone there as they are progressing, obviously the fat pay check helps, but spurs are a club on the up and we.........

........ well we cant pay the wages let alone bring in new faces.

hes been a great signing, was very cheap, we got a few years out of him and made a profit on the transfer fee.

all the best steven.

Hello All , I see there is some mixed Views about Pienaar and Dont Worry Even As A Spurs Fan Im Confused....

Yes I love to see Pienaar at spurs , he is a very good player. Firstly We have just bought a young centre back called Khumalo , Whom played for South Africa in world cup , soo this signing off pienaar might help this kid come through. Secondly tottenham surprisingly dont have many good right sided players, accept for Lennon (whom lately has been poor, actually nearly all season) ... and bentley before he left for the blues , there was no real competition. So i think this may put spurs in a stronger situation on the right hand side. Could play VDV on the right but he is 100X Better in the centre and Kranjcar is poor on the right. Finally money , and like someone above said i think this decision was made more by the agent than player. 9 Out of 10 players would honestly pick chelsea over spurs due to constant UCL football.

the decision might be bad for pienaar though... if he went to chelsea even, playing time will be much less than his regular place at everton , so caarer wise i think it might be bad for steven , but we will see.

Finally dont be suprised if there hasnt been possible discussions over a possible move for robbie keane or niko kranjcar going to everton the other way in next few days. Im pretty sure levy and your owner would have had words...

Last weekend , well done on beating us , well deserved . Only if VDV bloody found the net lol :)

As Romey says below, Pienaar plays left mostly and he never really looked as comfortable on the right. He is better at cutting inside and playing a pass that trying to cross...

Friendly_Spurs - Pienaar played on the left for us...

And if we get Keane because of this I will do some damage to things around me, and probably to myself as a consequence. Kranjcar would be an OK signing at best, but Keane would really show our decline and desperation.

Keane has said he doesnt want to move to far away from London which is why he rejected Birmingham so that should hopefully rule him out!

hahaah bale will not go to italy lol .... alot of spurs fans are suggesting still Right side or in the centre with modric. What is pienaar like defensively!?

he's a grafter but could get knocked off the ball by verne troyer..if keane comes here i will bring him back with or without the receipt..don't want him anywhere near this club

Everton were his employers and they couldn't offer him a pay packet to meet the market, simple.

Yes he should be thankful to Everton for rekindling his career, we should also be thankful for the service he provided.. it's not like he handed in a request.. and what's he going to do for the remaining 30yrs of his working age once he retires?

I've got no bad feelings towards him, it simply reiterates that we've not a pot to piss in..

Everton were his employers and they couldn't offer him a pay packet to meet the market, simple.

Yes he should be thankful to Everton for rekindling his career, we should also be thankful for the service he provided.. it's not like he handed in a request.. and what's he going to do for the remaining 30yrs of his working age once he retires?

I've got no bad feelings towards him, it simply reiterates that we've not a pot to piss in..

Ummm... not work!! The money he has gotten from his football career is enough to set him up for life, especially if he returns to his home country of South Africa! This is why Everton is the working man's club. Money isn't our focus, team and club is. Man City have already seen a move away from the normal people who are their supporters, Everton do need some money to work with, but I hope we never turn into Chelski, Man City or Utd, or Arsenal for that matter. I hope we get the funds to buy great players, but only players who will make the club more important than themselves.

I must apologise for being so sceptical about the Pienaar Twitter page, just read this and i accept whatever was said was probably true. ;)

Spurs last night beat Chelsea in the race for Steven Pienaar after the Everton midfielder signed on at White Hart Lane.

Pienaar, who will wear the number 40 shirt, signed for £3m and penned a four-year deal worth £70,000-a-week for Harry Redknapp’s outfit.

And a delighted Pienaar said: “To end speculation, I am going to Spurs. I’ve had brilliant years at Everton and it will always be a special place in my heart.”

• 9 months later...