IGNORED

Pienaar

• 2 weeks later...

Had a quick scan of a Spurs forum after reading Paul's contribution to the shoutbox...

How anyone thought we would dominate or even win with Gomes, Bassong, Rose and Pienaar in the side is beyond me.

I'd take Jenas back if it meant getting rid of those 4.

piennar is shit why did we buy him

Still people justify the signing of pienaar joke player

Someone has to remind me of why we bought Pienaar....

I think Pienaar borrowed Pav's boots (a pair of clogs) for this game.

I didn't realise how fooking shite Steven Pienaar was!!!!!

No first touch, slow, can't pass.....what is he even good at??

Kane nearly turned Pienaars donkey strike into a goal. That would have been his first assist for Spurs, right?

Had a quick scan of a Spurs forum after reading Paul's contribution to the shoutbox...

How anyone thought we would dominate or even win with Gomes, Bassong, Rose and Pienaar in the side is beyond me.

I'd take Jenas back if it meant getting rid of those 4.

piennar is shit why did we buy him

Still people justify the signing of pienaar joke player

Someone has to remind me of why we bought Pienaar....

I think Pienaar borrowed Pav's boots (a pair of clogs) for this game.

I didn't realise how fooking shite Steven Pienaar was!!!!!

No first touch, slow, can't pass.....what is he even good at??

Kane nearly turned Pienaars donkey strike into a goal. That would have been his first assist for Spurs, right?

Funny really its like he signed for them and forgot how to play, its ridiculous really because he used to put a decent hardworking shift in. Im not sorry it hasnt worked out for him as he shit on us really as he was having a tough old time before we signed him up.

I think though Pienaar didn't score to many, he had a hand in pretty much everything else, and I'd rather have him than not have him, that's for sure.

We won't get him back though.

He didn't have many assist. All he done was lay the ball off for Baines and he doesn't deserve the credit he gets for the easiest job in football. Cocked up the majority of Everton attacks in the final third(and the half way line) and had the recovery tackle of a striker. The Spurs comments are more fitting.

Pete that's very harsh mate.

Are you sure you're not just angry at him for leaving? If he didn't deserve any credit, why was he voted player of the year? Surely he must have put himself out there? For me, he came into his own after Arteta was injured, and had a superb season. A bit less of an impact in his last season, but even when he was leaving, he still worked hard for us when he could have taken things easy.

I'm not keen on him as a person, but he's a good football player when at Everton.

He didn't have many assist. All he done was lay the ball off for Baines and he doesn't deserve the credit he gets for the easiest job in football. Cocked up the majority of Everton attacks in the final third(and the half way line) and had the recovery tackle of a striker. The Spurs comments are more fitting.

Wow!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BiXTl1Jaj0g

Yeah he was rubbish , never did anything for the team and we havent missed him at all because its such an easy job that anyone can do it!

Totall bollox

Pete that's very harsh mate.

Are you sure you're not just angry at him for leaving? If he didn't deserve any credit, why was he voted player of the year? Surely he must have put himself out there? For me, he came into his own after Arteta was injured, and had a superb season. A bit less of an impact in his last season, but even when he was leaving, he still worked hard for us when he could have taken things easy.

I'm not keen on him as a person, but he's a good football player when at Everton.

Never rated him, was happy he left. Osman and Bily should have been in the team before him. His decision making, passing, and shooting is the worst i've ever seen from a regular starter for Everton.

You can view his stats here http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/19544/steven-pienaar?cc=5739

The problem with stats though is that they only show goals or assists etc, and don't show a guy dribbling around 10 men, or that perfect through ball, or goal line clearance etc etc.

It would be interesting how many times he won motm on this very forum, while he was with us, or at least in his last few seasons.

You can view his stats here http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/19544/steven-pienaar?cc=5739 The problem with stats though is that they only show goals or assists etc, and don't show a guy dribbling around 10 men, or that perfect through ball, or goal line clearance etc etc. It would be interesting how many times he won motm on this very forum, while he was with us, or at least in his last few seasons.

He done well at this sometimes but after doing the hard work would feck it up.

He often won motm through default of being the only one running around and a few fancy flicks(even if they didnt come off). By the end of his career a lot of fans come to the opinion that there was little else to his game.

He done well at this sometimes but after doing the hard work would feck it up.

He often won motm through default of being the only one running around and a few fancy flicks(even if they didnt come off). By the end of his career a lot of fans come to the opinion that there was little else to his game.

It's all opinions Pete.

Nobody is right or wrong as long as we remember this. Facts are something completely different, and I don't believe we've been looking to discuss them.

This was always going to happen when Pienaar went to Spurs. How he ever hoped to compete with Lennon and Bale in a team that relies heavily on the pace of their attacking players is beyond me.

I wouldn't mind getting him back in January, but I don't know if he'd be interested in coming back, and I don't actually think he'd make a huge difference. When we aren't performing well, he's another player that just settles into the sideways passing routine I've grown to hate as an Everton fan over the past 2 seasons. I'd rather have Drenthe on my left flank.

I do miss his slick inter-play with Baines down the left though, they developed a great understanding.