IGNORED

Pienaar

The more I think about it, the more I think we should really be actively be pursuing one of Pienaar or Kranjar but to play in the centre of midfield and not out wide. Moyes clearly doesnt want to play Barkley for some reason and we need someone who will use the ball intelligently to play alongside Fellaini. I like Rodwell a lot but he is a box to box player and although effective, someone who will look for openings whilst still keeping a high work rate would be better to play there. Plus when Felli & Pienaar played alongised each other against CIty we probably played as well as we ever have done.

We need him on the left. Theres only one place where we will get the most out of Peanuts, and thats infront of Baines. Osman should however be played in the middle next to Felli. With Drenthe on the right.

If we dont get Pienaar, id stick with Ani/Magaye, Osman, Felli, Drenthe. With Vellios and Donovan up top. (or Donovan slightly behind Vellios)

Other options would be:

.........Anichebe.....Vellios...........

Drenthe..Osman..Felli..Donovan

Or:

.........Vellios......Donovan..........

Pienaar..Osman..Felli..Drenthe

Edited by Peter H

The more I think about it, the more I think we should really be actively be pursuing one of Pienaar or Kranjar but to play in the centre of midfield and not out wide. Moyes clearly doesnt want to play Barkley for some reason and we need someone who will use the ball intelligently to play alongside Fellaini. I like Rodwell a lot but he is a box to box player and although effective, someone who will look for openings whilst still keeping a high work rate would be better to play there. Plus when Felli & Pienaar played alongised each other against CIty we probably played as well as we ever have done.

hes on the injury list with a knee problem apparently. Id imagine its just his joints frozen at 90 degrees from sitting on the bench for so long.

hes on the injury list with a knee problem apparently. Id imagine its just his joints frozen at 90 degrees from sitting on the bench for so long.

Haha quality...

We need him on the left. Theres only one place where we will get the most out of Peanuts, and thats infront of Baines. Osman should however be played in the middle next to Felli. With Drenthe on the right.

If we dont get Pienaar, id stick with Ani/Magaye, Osman, Felli, Drenthe. With Vellios and Donovan up top. (or Donovan slightly behind Vellios)

Other options would be:

.........Anichebe.....Vellios...........

Drenthe..Osman..Felli..Donovan

Or:

.........Vellios......Donovan..........

Pienaar..Osman..Felli..Drenthe

I wouldnt disagree, and tbh I was mainly thinking about Kranjar when I wrote the post but included Pienaar because we know he can do that job. My thoughts are that we do have wingers already, and we need someone in the centre of midfield to use the ball better, a bit like a (very) poor mans Modric.

If Pienaar IS FIT, and he WANTED to come back, I'd take him in a heartbeat.Sure £5million is too much, but he was our best player when he left and his partnership with Baines always caused opponents problems.We can't create much at the moment, in fact we are toothless.If he returned and played the rest of the season I'd go as far as saying we could look at a possible top 8/9.

I know top 8/9 doesn't exactly get the pulse racing, but without someone like him (if fit) mid-table looks wonderfullsad.png

Lot's of players wanting moves because they are concerned about their Euro places. Not really a good reason to sign somebody.

Didn't even think of that being a potential factor, makes sense and probably opens up the european nationalists alot more, especially those who might be at bigger clubs, whom at the moment aren't getting a look in...

STEVEN PIENAAR insists he has no regrets about quitting Everton because he was going stale.

The South African has been plagued by injury at Tottenham since he quit Goodison in a £3m move last January, but he could start against his old club at White Hart Lane tonight.

Pienaar, 29, was linked with a loan back to David Moyes’ side but is determined to make his mark at Spurs.

He said: “Everton will always have a special place in my heart. At Everton we had a great manager but the squad was a bit smaller and sometimes you get to a point where you don’t push yourself any more.

“For me, I just needed to move on and challenge myself. It’s always good because you can push yourself. You have to make sure you reach your limit.

“I would love to play against Everton because it’s always a special feeling to play against your old club.

“David Moyes gave me an opportunity to show myself in England and I’ll always be grateful to the club and the supporters.”

Sums up the rest of the squad as well!

STEVEN PIENAAR insists he has no regrets about quitting Everton because he was going stale.

The South African has been plagued by injury at Tottenham since he quit Goodison in a £3m move last January, but he could start against his old club at White Hart Lane tonight.

Pienaar, 29, was linked with a loan back to David Moyes’ side but is determined to make his mark at Spurs.

He said: “Everton will always have a special place in my heart. At Everton we had a great manager but the squad was a bit smaller and sometimes you get to a point where you don’t push yourself any more.

“For me, I just needed to move on and challenge myself. It’s always good because you can push yourself. You have to make sure you reach your limit.

“I would love to play against Everton because it’s always a special feeling to play against your old club.

“David Moyes gave me an opportunity to show myself in England and I’ll always be grateful to the club and the supporters.”

Sums up the rest of the squad as well!

i reckon thats how quite a few players at everton feel now, they know that they will be in the starting 11 (louis saha!) and just under preform because they know that they will be getting picked each game.

• 2 months later...

I'd rather keep Drenthe who's younger and within are price range and wage structure. Plus Gueye is pushing for more game time so we dont need to waste money on a 30 y.o.

why not take both? Im starting to think we should take him back, if for no other reason that he improves Baines.

Pienaar has to do a bit more for me before we consider taking him back permantly, im not sure it's going to be worth it in the long run, if e can get him for around £2-2.5m then fine, anymore i don't see it as a worthwhile transfer. Yes he does improve Baines, but Baines is having a poor season regardless of Pienaar imo.

to turn Baines back into the best LB going? well worth it

Pienaar weren't a vital role in the partnership, I remember Osman filling in and doing better than him last season, it relies soley on Baines. I'd rather Baines adapt, he's been found out all we do is play it to the left. No Pienaar, and hopefully Moyes will adapt to a new style of play, rather than force the same old that every opposition nows how to deal with.