IGNORED

Pienaar

Kranjcar went on a roll last year for a few games in a row, i remember him hitting two winners in two consecutive games last season. Problem is Modric is class, even though Kranjcar is a top player. I'd have him over pienaar, as much as i love him. Top playmaker is exactly what we need.

Even this is Pienaar topic, i wanna say my opinion about Krancjar also. I cant see him as a playmaker at all. He has decent shot and may be he can pass, but not as good as playmaker should. For me, he look like bit the same than Bily is. Too slow to the wing, and not good enought on the middle. When Moyes doesnt seem to use any1 else than TC behind loneman up, i cant see what Krancjar would bring to us. Peanuts were gold for us, now we have Drenthe on the left, and Donovan is coming to right side. Peanuts havent get playing enought on spurs, cause they have Bale on the left side, and Lennon/+others before Peanuts on the right side. He didnt seem good enought to center for spurs, but could he be good for us with Felli? That might be hes position, if he somehow joins us again and is fit. Drenthe-Peanuts-Felli-Donovan. That would sound very nice for me with sub options Rodwell, Ossie, TC, Barkley to centre and Maggie and Coleman on wings. If Peanuts just is good enought to run the game with Fellaini.

Even this is Pienaar topic, i wanna say my opinion about Krancjar also. I cant see him as a playmaker at all. He has decent shot and may be he can pass, but not as good as playmaker should. For me, he look like bit the same than Bily is. Too slow to the wing, and not good enought on the middle. When Moyes doesnt seem to use any1 else than TC behind loneman up, i cant see what Krancjar would bring to us. Peanuts were gold for us, now we have Drenthe on the left, and Donovan is coming to right side. Peanuts havent get playing enought on spurs, cause they have Bale on the left side, and Lennon/+others before Peanuts on the right side. He didnt seem good enought to center for spurs, but could he be good for us with Felli? That might be hes position, if he somehow joins us again and is fit. Drenthe-Peanuts-Felli-Donovan. That would sound very nice for me with sub options Rodwell, Ossie, TC, Barkley to centre and Maggie and Coleman on wings. If Peanuts just is good enought to run the game with Fellaini.

Agree with you here, the only issue is that Donovan is only here for a short time, when he is gone we are back to limited options.

Its all over the Spurs forums he is on his way back to you on loan, the sooner the better as he hasn't done much when he has played, and I can't see what he brings to the team,

And he is not on £75 K a week he is only on 35 tops

We'll gladly give you the £3 million back for him.

Its all over the Spurs forums he is on his way back to you on loan, the sooner the better as he hasn't done much when he has played, and I can't see what he brings to the team,

And he is not on £75 K a week he is only on 35 tops

Im not convinced thats right, he was rumoured to be asking us for 70k so dont know why he'd go to spurs for the same money he was already on

Im not convinced thats right, he was rumoured to be asking us for 70k so dont know why he'd go to spurs for the same money he was already on

We have a very tight wage structure, which is why no one wants to join Spurs, Modric in the summer was our top Earner on £60 k a week, which is why his head was turned by chelsea offering him £150 K, there is no way Levy would have sanctioned more than 30- 35 k a week for a back up player, Surprisingly Bale was only(we say only which is ridiculous really) on £28 K a week up until October 2011 when he signed a new deal, I think you are forgetting Spurs are very similar to Everton, ok we are financialy slightly better run than you, but we are not in the league of City, Chelsea or Manure when it comes to wages

Are spuds looking for 5 mill for him? Appreciate he was nearing the end of his contract When we sold for 2.5 but he has done nothing at spuds to warrant they valuation!! Talk of Villa and Sunderland showing interest which could be the end of our loan hopes.

Edited by scouse

Are spuds looking for 5 mill for him? Appreciate he was nearing the end of his contract When we sold for 2.5 but he has done nothing at spuds to warrant they valuation!! Talk of Villa and Sunderland showing interest which could be the end of our loan hopes.

Villa are interested in a loan deal, I think Pienaar would prefer Everton if he was to have his say. Sunderland are however prepared to pay 4 mil for him according to swedish newspapers, which would mean that Tottenham would earn 1.5 mil (apart from wages, so probably a slight loss in the end). Im fairly sure that Tottenham will accept the offer from Sunderland if nothing else comes in.

He would do well there. Shame, id like to see him back. Hopefully we get 5-7 mil for Bily and the banks let us spend it on Pienaar. (was going to write Peanuts, but im guessing the banks wont let us spend 5 mil on peanuts.)

Villa are interested in a loan deal, I think Pienaar would prefer Everton if he was to have his say. Sunderland are however prepared to pay 4 mil for him according to swedish newspapers, which would mean that Tottenham would earn 1.5 mil (apart from wages, so probably a slight loss in the end). Im fairly sure that Tottenham will accept the offer from Sunderland if nothing else comes in.

He would do well there. Shame, id like to see him back. Hopefully we get 5-7 mil for Bily and the banks let us spend it on Pienaar. (was going to write Peanuts, but im guessing the banks wont let us spend 5 mil on peanuts.)

I doubt the banks would let us spend 3-5 quid on peanuts!! Im kinda coming around to the idea of him coming back but it'd be pointless on loan hed come back play well and then old Rubber Face would want more money for him so were in a no win situation unless we buy.

Madness if we pay more than we got to bring him back. I did like him but thought Baines made him look better than he was -hence why he has struggled at Spurs.

Not for me at £5mill but would be happy with a loan or sign him for what we got for him

He's struggled at spurs because he has had injuries, and he is also fighting Gareth Bale and Nico Krankjar for a place in the team, not much chance there, but he would walk into our team without a fight.

I'd have him for the £3m that they paid for him.

Edited by Bill

I really can't understand how people are actually agreeing to pay £5,000,000 for Pienaar. Sure, he was a good player at us but he wanted to leave (and that's fine) but I don't think we should be taking him back on the basis that he may well never get back to the form he had at Goodison, he may never get back to full fitness and also we would be paying a considerable amount more than what we sold him for. When I first heard that Harry wants £5,000,000 I nearly wet myself laughing, it amazes me that some people would actually go along with this. Talk about being ripped-off.

There are much better players that we could be buying that would do a better job - let him go to Sunderland.

He's struggled at spurs because he has had injuries, and he is also fighting Gareth Bale and Nico Krankjar for a place in the team, not much chance there, but he would walk into our team without a fight.

I'd have him for the £3m that they paid for him.

Dont disagree, injuries and competition have played their part but to fork out £2million to service Pienaars failed dream is a bit strong for me

I would like to know who you are thinking of, I can't think of any better players available that we can buy.

Well he is 29 which is quite old for a football player and since he joined Tottenham he has only played eight games (most of which were from the subs bench) which means that he has probably lost all the flair and drive he had whilst being at Everton (where he played 76 games) and I really can't see why people are still entertaining this transfer. Like Romey said above me, it's laughable. He is not someone who we should be buying in this window and if he does end up coming for the proposed £5,000,000 then it will be yet another tragic Moyes error.

A better player straight away would be Niko Kranjčar who is 27 and would come for a similar price.

He's 9 days older than Arteta, who we sold for 10 million only a few months ago. Surely Pienaar is worth £5m of anybodies money?

Fair enough he might be a good signing but are you surely saying that selling a world-class player for £3,500,000 and then buying him again a year later for £5,000,000 is good business? With all the shit that has happened to him in the past 12 months I can't understand how this would benefit us as a club.

Edited by Zoo