IGNORED

Pienaar

Pienaar weren't a vital role in the partnership, I remember Osman filling in and doing better than him last season, it relies soley on Baines. I'd rather Baines adapt, he's been found out all we do is play it to the left. No Pienaar, and hopefully Moyes will adapt to a new style of play, rather than force the same old that every opposition nows how to deal with.

more chance of my wife agreeing to a threesome and flying over to convince Natalie Portman to be the 3rd.

Baines is having a poor season, no doubt, but thats relative to his previous 2 where he was exceptional. Pienaar was overrated but we were better with him.

more chance of my wife agreeing to a threesome and flying over to convince Natalie Portman to be the 3rd.

Baines is having a poor season, no doubt, but thats relative to his previous 2 where he was exceptional. Pienaar was overrated but we were better with him.

Swear I've seen you post this before aha

In the first if the season he was our worst player, then after he left we went on our usual 2nd half of the season run and he wasn't missed at all. For me the only player sold we have missed/lowered the overall quality of the team is Arteta.

Swear I've seen you post this before aha

In the first if the season he was our worst player, then after he left we went on our usual 2nd half of the season run and he wasn't missed at all. For me the only player sold we have missed/lowered the overall quality of the team is Arteta.

if i keep saying it, it might happen (wheres the praying emoticon???)

I must be on another planet! Pienaar is our most creative and influencial player full stop. When he is cup tied or not playing the rest of the team just look at each other without a clue. The thing with Pienaar in my opinion is his availability and his ability to find time on the ball like all good players, the reason that Baines hasnt had the best year is purely down to the fact that we havent got players of Nuts quality to fill in when he went. Pienaar carried our team for two seasons when Arteta was wanking about doing fuck all and earning the big bucks. Maybe Peanuts hasnt hit top stride yet but dont forget he has a stop start season due to a few injuries.

I must be on another planet! Pienaar is our most creative and influencial player full stop. When he is cup tied or not playing the rest of the team just look at each other without a clue. The thing with Pienaar in my opinion is his availability and his ability to find time on the ball like all good players, the reason that Baines hasnt had the best year is purely down to the fact that we havent got players of Nuts quality to fill in when he went. Pienaar carried our team for two seasons when Arteta was wanking about doing fuck all and earning the big bucks. Maybe Peanuts hasnt hit top stride yet but dont forget he has a stop start season due to a few injuries.

I havent forgot, Pienaar has never been spectacular. Baines made him look good.

I havent forgot, Pienaar has never been spectacular. Baines made him look good.

It's all about opinions i guess, i think its pretty clear what the players think of Pienaar by what they've said about him on his return. I know that i'd rather have in my team every week than not have him

If his 2nd half against Swansea didn't convince then I don't think anything will. Head and shoulders above the rest IMO (for the 2nd half at least).

He was the worst player on the pitch in for the 1st hour, that shows exactly why we shouldn't take him, and even then he was hit and miss in our best spell. He was no better than Gibson in the 2nd half or Fellaini

• 2 weeks later...

we make the best of peinaar, he makes the best of baines and turns us into a much more of an attacking threat! Why would you not have him for good and why would he not want to be here

I woulden't want to have him for good if we have to pay within the region of £5,000,000 plus. I said it when we were linked with loaning him from Spurs and I'll say it again, I can't see how selling him for £3,000,000 and then buying him again a year later for more makes sense, if he's going to stay permanantly then it needs to be for what we sold him for (or just higher). I'd be pissed off if we spend a large sum of money on him.

As for why would he not want to stay, he might get the idea that he'll get into the Chelsea side or get a tempting offer from overseas. I'm not confident that Pienaar would pledge his loyalty to the club after leaving us once.

he was worth more than we sold him for cos of the contract issue...nothin wrong with payin more than we sold him for

I know, I understand the situation but I can't fathom how selling as player for £3,000,000 and then buying him back for more a year later is good business. If we can't get him back for the same that we sold him for then surely we could spent the money elsewhere and bring in someone younger/better.

could we get someone younger/better for 5m that brings out the attacking best in baines/osman/felli?

I'm sure Lionel Messi is out of contract...

I know what you're saying and I think that Pienaar is fit to play in our team and brings out the best in the players it just really gripes me how he's left us once to join Spurs and has come back because he's realised that he's not going to get a chance in their team and now we have to fork out many millions more to have him permanantly.

I guess that's the way the world works at times...

I'm sorry but at the end of the day he was treated like a hero here, and he went for an extra £10-20k a week to a team overladed with attacking talent. I'm hardly playing the violin for him, grateful he's doing the business but at the end of the day he made his mistake and i'm not going to go overboard in rejoicing him.

I'm sorry but at the end of the day he was treated like a hero here, and he went for an extra £10-20k a week to a team overladed with attacking talent. I'm hardly playing the violin for him, grateful he's doing the business but at the end of the day he made his mistake and i'm not going to go overboard in rejoicing him.

My thoughts exactly. Whilst I wont 'boo' or 'jeer' him whilst he plays in an Everton shirt and for all I'm happy that he's adding some much needed oomph to the side I'm not going to jump up and down for him considering that he's fucked us off a year ago and has returned due to not getting a sniff under Harry.

Maybe the likes of Hoilett would be a better choice, younger and could prove to grow into something better.

Moses and Hoilett could do a job. Pienaar is doing the job. Rather take the certainty, despite him jumping ship.

He's only got about 2 years left in him with no re-sale value. Would like to see more of Gueye and Drenthe next season and Moyes bring in Elm or Holtby if we have any money as well as Holiet to add competition.

He's only got about 2 years left in him with no re-sale value. Would like to see more of Gueye and Drenthe next season and Moyes bring in Elm or Holtby if we have any money as well as Holiet to add competition.

2 years is a good amount of time to have him, even if no resale value. He will add to the 1st team, be good for the kids to learn from.

Holiet or Moses. could have had Piatti or Ben Arfa for that last summer sad.png

Gutted We didn't get Arfa what was it the barcodes paid £2.5m? or around that figure possibly one of if not the best buys in the last year or two for that kind of money.I'd take Pienaar back but depending on the fee that tight fisted git Levy would want back in return..I like the look of Hoilett a raw talent who I think We would have a very good chance of getting if We went in for him?