IGNORED

Pienaar

He's only got about 2 years left in him with no re-sale value. Would like to see more of Gueye and Drenthe next season and Moyes bring in Elm or Holtby if we have any money as well as Holiet to add competition.

I'd like to see Van Persie up front as he is on his last twelve months but it aint gonna happen!!! Elm? if you pay attention to most pundits talk the lad will sign for a Juve, Man Utd etc. We missed the boat. It doesnt matter what we sold Peanuts for its what he is worth for us in the future. He isnt quick and never has been. He has a football brain and can easily play till 34. Even say £6 million is that alot? fuck me no. You are getting a proven prem footballer that is top drawer for the price of Scott Dann for three years. If we sell a Rodwell or Jags its all relative for fucks sake!!!

I'd like to see Van Persie up front as he is on his last twelve months but it aint gonna happen!!! Elm? if you pay attention to most pundits talk the lad will sign for a Juve, Man Utd etc. We missed the boat. It doesnt matter what we sold Peanuts for its what he is worth for us in the future. He isnt quick and never has been. He has a football brain and can easily play till 34. Even say £6 million is that alot? fuck me no. You are getting a proven prem footballer that is top drawer for the price of Scott Dann for three years. If we sell a Rodwell or Jags its all relative for fucks sake!!!

Strongly linked with Spurs in Jan for £6 mil, hardly in champ man dreamland of RVP. £6 mil for any winger Pienaar's age would be a shocking waste of the club's scarce resources. £5 mil was considered extortionate for Distin and he is considerably fitter and plays in a position were age tends to be a bit more forgiving.

Pete0, why would you want players you've never actually seen playing ahead of someone who has proven and still is proving, that he's the best player at our club? You do realize Elm is not a winger or attacking player like Gueye, Drenthe, Holtby or Hoilett are? He's a player like Gibson, spraying passes from in front of the defense.

Ryan Giggs - 39 years old... Pienaar has many years left in him, he's easily worth £5m of our (non-existent) funds. Yeah he left us for 'bigger' things but he'll get his 'punishment' by watching his EFC team mates lift the FA cup and not be a part of it. Pienaar makes us play better and to be fair he's probably paid for himself already in final league placing!

Pete0, why would you want players you've never actually seen playing ahead of someone who has proven and still is proving, that he's the best player at our club? You do realize Elm is not a winger or attacking player like Gueye, Drenthe, Holtby or Hoilett are? He's a player like Gibson, spraying passes from in front of the defense.

I have watched him and he's more like David Beckham, superb passer of the ball, he's got a shot on him so I can see the Gibson comparison.

Pienaar is not the best player at the club, never was (Arteta), never will be (Fellaini/Osman/Baines/Heitinga/Distin/Drenthe/Jalavic), the reason he plays on out on the wing is because he's behind so many better players than him at the club. Just look at his stats, they're pathetic we were lucky to get £3 mil for him.

Ryan Giggs - 39 years old... Pienaar has many years left in him, he's easily worth £5m of our (non-existent) funds. Yeah he left us for 'bigger' things but he'll get his 'punishment' by watching his EFC team mates lift the FA cup and not be a part of it. Pienaar makes us play better and to be fair he's probably paid for himself already in final league placing!

Ryan Giggs is world class and relies on his footballing brain to compensate his age. Pienaar has no where near the ability in his feet or head to even consider he has a chance to last till he's 39 in the prem. Plus ageing players get moved more central were he is not needed, how many wingers in the league are older than 32? Everton can't afford to spend £5 mil on a stop gap.

I have watched him and he's more like David Beckham, superb passer of the ball, he's got a shot on him so I can see the Gibson comparison.

Pienaar is not the best player at the club, never was (Arteta), never will be (Fellaini/Osman/Baines/Heitinga/Distin/Drenthe/Jalavic), the reason he plays on out on the wing is because he's behind so many better players than him at the club. Just look at his stats, they're pathetic we were lucky to get £3 mil for him.

it can't be down to coincidence that we are playing much better football with him in the side though

Just out of interest peteO... how often do you watch Everton games live or full 90mins?

Only go about 3 games a season the last few years. Guessing gonna say he does loads of amazing off the ball stuff that you cant see on tele, but I see him lose the ball make the wrong runs and blast it over the bar far too often. Only people who rate him are people who watch MOTD, or people who think running like a headless chicken is the same as playing good football.

TBF he done well in the last game, probs his best game this season, but he still gave the ball away far too much and wasted chances.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . Should i go on? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Embarrassing to be honest mate

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . Should i go on? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Embarrassing to be honest mate

Bit vague, but must have just read Pienaar's stats. Unless you think our best player is the one who couldn't break into a team 3 places above us.

Pienaar productivity stats have been brought up time and time again (I haven't seen them) but a huge majority of fans, the players, the pundits all say he's top notch and makes EFC a better team... through my eyes he's a fine player who is an essential part of our set-up. Statistically he may not have as many assists/goals as he maybe should but it's been said and I'll say it again he often assists the assist e.g is our main playmaker.

Pienaar is a very clever player and speed isn't a huge part of his game so I think he's well worth a 4yr contract.

MOTD show Pienaar to be good and it's no lie - I watch him on a weekly basis and he's true class in my opinion (minus the derby!)

Boys give in. I have had this argument with pete0 countless times and he has got a mental block when it comes to Piennar ( either that or he wouldnt know a quality footballer if he kicked him in the bollocks)

I agree with Tricky Trev, he is easily worth £6M. I couldnt give a flying flock that Spurs stole him on the cheap because his contract was running down, Thats gone now and there is nothing we can do about it. I just cant understand why people would not want to sign a player of his quality for £5-6M. Surely that is just biting your nose off to spite your face?

We would comfortably get 3 years out of him so to me he is easily worth it

Bit vague, but must have just read Pienaar's stats. Unless you think our best player is the one who couldn't break into a team 3 places above us.

Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Parker, Lennon... name 1 player who would cost say the £5m we may have to pay for pienaar who would get into that midfield?! There's no shame in not dislodging those players!!!

Pienaar productivity stats have been brought up time and time again (I haven't seen them) but a huge majority of fans, the players, the pundits all say he's top notch and makes EFC a better team... through my eyes he's a fine player who is an essential part of our set-up. Statistically he may not have as many assists/goals as he maybe should but it's been said and I'll say it again he often assists the assist e.g is our main playmaker.

Pienaar is a very clever player and speed isn't a huge part of his game so I think he's well worth a 4yr contract.

MOTD show Pienaar to be good and it's no lie - I watch him on a weekly basis and he's true class in my opinion (minus the derby!)

They don't show how more often that not he's the one cocking up once we get in the final third. should have been Osman getting the plaudits but he never seems to get them.

Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Parker, Lennon... name 1 player who would cost say the £5m we may have to pay for pienaar who would get into that midfield?! There's no shame in not dislodging those players!!!

Thats only 5 players, I'd expect to see some minutes instead of Lennon and Bale. Our other midfielders would get a game time Fellaini, Osman, and Cahill. Reckon Redknapp would love to have Drenthe or Barkley to bring on as well.

They don't show how more often that not he's the one cocking up once we get in the final third. should have been Osman getting the plaudits but he never seems to get them.

Not joining in the argument but that does annoy me.

The amount of times Ossie MOTM but gets completely overlooked in favour of "higher profile" players on MOTDshaking fist.png .

Not joining in the argument but that does annoy me.

The amount of times Ossie MOTM but gets completely overlooked in favour of "higher profile" players on MOTDshaking%20fist.png .

There weren't much between them in the game but Ossie has that extra bit of class about him. Arteta outshone him and Moyes playing him out of position hasn't helped, but it's criminal that he doesn't get the plaudits he deserved.

I put a tweet a few weeks ago from either Ramsey or Wilshire saying about how good Osman is, so at least his fellow professionals can see it.

Disagree with your pienaar view and taking what Dunc has said into consideration I'll leave it at that!!!

Got to agree that Ossie doesn't always get the plaudits he deserves though.

Its not all about stats!

How many assists do you think Xavi Alonso gets at Real Madrid?

How many goals do you think he has a hand in?

You can look at stats and assists all day long, but you only get the assist if you play the final ball, quite often Pienaar lays off for Baines to get the final ball.

For anyone to not think we are a better team with Pienaar and not rate him as a good footballer is just very strange or ignorant, I cant decide which.

I'm just glad that David Moyes has a better opinion of him than you do.

Have to agree,l take out the fact that we sold him for 2.5 mill, if he had signed a new contract and Spurs came in with 10mill i doubt we would have sold him (well Bank aside) so to think that it is our right to sign him for what we sold him for is silly, clearly we are all gutted he can not play this weekend which speaks for the impact he has had on us since his return and the quality of a player he is.

• 2 weeks later...