IGNORED

Pienaar

His fee might not be as much as we all seem to fear, I personally think he is a must signing, the football improved so much with him in the side. We attacked teams with a purpose and looked a totally different side from prior to his loan. Bring him back ASAP. He and Jelavic are the main reason I renewed my season ticket, with the prospect of a couple of more players coming in and some of our dead wood going out, we could be in for an interesting season.

Exactly, I know it's impossible to tell but where might we have finished last season without him, much much lower I fear!

Completely disagree!

QPR have just agreed a £5M for Park, who is a similar age , and I think Piennar is a better player. People are blinkered by the fact we sold him to Spurs on the cheap due to his contract running down. They should get over it ,that was a completely different scenario and it has gone now , it should have no bearing on this deal

With each premier league place worth £755,062 in prize money last season , and the extra money available for each TV appearance the club makes, not to mention the cup matches, given the difference Piennar makes to the side could someone please explain to me why it doesnt make financial sense for the club?

Please dont give me the no resale value story either, because I just dont buy that. We could recoup the transfer fee in a couple of seasons quite easily with our performances on the pitch. We bought Distin for £5M , would you not say that was money well spent??

Park is massive in Asia, QPR will make most of that money back on shirts. Pienaar has 2 seasons left at best (of which some of that time could be in jail). It's a disgusting waste of money for a club of our financial position.

There is no proof he'd get us more points so more revenue. We always come back after xmas. We played better football without him on our good run in 2010/11 compared to last season. Also note last season was Pienaars best for us, a flash in the pan peak - when he's after a contract/return. Unless on loan and not paying his full wage, it's an absolutely awful decision.

Thats for last season only, compare that to the season he had before were he was more useless than the Yak.

To make it fair compare Everton in the second half of the season when he left in 2011 and when he came back in 2012. We played much better without him.

You're comparing an unsettled Pienaar to a Pienaar enjoying his football though! Think we played a lot better at the end of last season compared to end of 10-11.

You're comparing an unsettled Pienaar to a Pienaar enjoying his football though! Think we played a lot better at the end of last season compared to end of 10-11.

Your comparing a notably slow starting team's form after we got his signing when we already in form beating Man City w/o him.

So I said a fairer comparison is after xmas for the last 2 seasons.

Our views on what good football consists of must greatly differ. Last season I was happy to see us beating clubs without getting out of second gear, that we've previously been lacking when playing the lower teams and hope it continues in to next season. But the season before we were less systematic and more entertaining playing teams off the park. I think how we played last season was the worst football since 07, the tactics have gone stale and we need a big revamp for this season.

Edited by pete0

Your comparing a notably slow starting team's form after we got his signing when we already in form beating Man City w/o him.

So I said a fairer comparison is after xmas for the last 2 seasons.

Our views on what good football consists of must greatly differ. Last season I was happy to see us beating clubs without getting out of second gear, that we've previously been lacking when playing the lower teams and hope it continues in to next season. But the season before we were less systematic and more entertaining playing teams off the park. I think how we played last season was the worst football since 07, the tactics have gone stale and we need a big revamp for this season.

Do you go to the games or watch 90mins every week? I ask this because I think the total opposite - just look back at the games...

10-11' http://www.evertonfc.com/match/premier-league-football-fixtures.html?season=2010-2011&team=

11-12' http://www.evertonfc.com/match/premier-league-football-fixtures.html?season=2011-2012&team=

Make of it what you will...

Do you go to the games or watch 90mins every week? I ask this because I think the total opposite - just look back at the games...

10-11' http://www.evertonfc...2010-2011&team=

11-12' http://www.evertonfc...2011-2012&team=

Make of it what you will...

Really, you're getting boring now. How many times you going to ask me?

Wheres your point?

Pick out the 6 most memorable games from each season.

2011/12 Liverpool (H), Man U (A), Bolton (H), Liverpool (A), Sunderland (FaA), Liverpool (Fa). A cunt of a ref. Three of the most sickening defeats ever, a great draw but with possible the worst defending I've witnessed from a Moyes side. We beat City at home but it werent a great game, possible other notable games: Sunderland(FaH and H), Newcastle, and Swansea. Battered Sunderland but finished 1-1, then the other games the team done their job with the opposition rolling over. I had a season ticket the year we finished 17th and I wasn't as disheartened by the results and football we played that year compared to this. Make of that what you will...

2010/11 Man U (H), Man City (A), Blackpool (H), Chelsea (FaA), Man City (H), Chelsea (H). Great draw got robbed by the whistle. Dogged win at City (I was at this one, you know because that makes a whole difference about the validity of my opinion), Goals galore but awful defending. Baines last minute fk. Leon Osman header and denting Citys title hopes, and their egos as we played them off the park. Beckfords mazy run and the demolition of Chelsea, only finished 2-1 but could have easily been 5. CBA going through other games but the football was more fluid and entertaining.

Edited by pete0

I agree with Carl I was in all honesty against bringing him back here at first more so out of being pissed off at him wanting out but will hold My hands up and admit we play much better football with him in the side and for Me he's a must to bring back.

Yeah He's no spring chicken but hasn't showed any signs of slowing down and being on the slippery slope down. At a cost of around 3M I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Dont you think he would improve our squad/team Pete?

He'd improve the squad only because we have little on the left, but there is better options. He has had the easiest job in football playing with Baines and even then he frustrated more often than not picking the wrong pass or hesitating on the ball or blasting it over the bar. The amount of times he played the ball to feet when a player is running on for a shot is unbelievable, literally find myself shaking my head because of him. He gets far too much credit for running round and taking on a player or two then losing the ball or playing others into danger. If he had an ear piece to tell him what to do he's be a cracking player, but he really doesn't have the brain.

Plus the double standards of our fans toward him is sickening, imagine if Anichebe was caught drink driving and in general being a party boy he would be castigated by the fans. We always laud the Everton players for being a cut above as honorable role models. Stevie P doesn't cut the mustard and would be better suited for a less morally inclined club like Liverpool. The God stuff doesn't help either.

I'm just guessing here, but I think Pienaar has banged Petes missus.

lol I think you might be right there

He'd improve the squad only because we have little on the left, but there is better options. He has had the easiest job in football playing with Baines and even then he frustrated more often than not picking the wrong pass or hesitating on the ball or blasting it over the bar. The amount of times he played the ball to feet when a player is running on for a shot is unbelievable, literally find myself shaking my head because of him. He gets far too much credit for running round and taking on a player or two then losing the ball or playing others into danger. If he had an ear piece to tell him what to do he's be a cracking player, but he really doesn't have the brain.

Plus the double standards of our fans toward him is sickening, imagine if Anichebe was caught drink driving and in general being a party boy he would be castigated by the fans. We always laud the Everton players for being a cut above as honorable role models. Stevie P doesn't cut the mustard and would be better suited for a less morally inclined club like Liverpool. The God stuff doesn't help either.

doh.gif

I mostly don't want him because of the whole wanting out thing. If my girl left me because she thought she was to good for me, and then realized she made a mistake I would prob give her a chance ala the loan period, and then cheat on her with someone younger, but Im a spiteful person.

In a nutshell let him rot on the Spurs bench. He left us. Since we appear to have money use it to pay compensation for Hoillett or something similar.

dunno if im reading into this too much but his Twitter account reads:

Official Twitter Page of Everton and South Africa National Team Captain Steven Pienaar

Also puts him in Liverpool. Maybe just not updated since the loan move?

I mostly don't want him because of the whole wanting out thing. If my girl left me because she thought she was to good for me, and then realized she made a mistake I would prob give her a chance ala the loan period, and then cheat on her with someone younger, but Im a spiteful person.

In a nutshell let him rot on the Spurs bench. He left us. Since we appear to have money use it to pay compensation for Hoillett or something similar.

is that called cutting your nose off to spite your face

If we do have this huge surge of money coming in -- which I don't believe we do -- I'd rather sign someone else. Right now, Pienaar is a good choice for the money we have (or don't have).

I just think we could get someone better. I understand he's been great for us, but at the same time, he has a huge problem staying fit.

Hoilett is somebody I would definitely rather have. It all depends on the money though.