IGNORED

Pienaar

What did you think of his performances between Jan and end of season 2012?

The best he's had for the club, but still hit and miss. Plus playing for a contract gets a better performance usually, if he was on loan again then I wouldn't be moaning as much.

you're seriously suggesting people should be allowed to walk around and hit others that mouth off? what a ridiculous suggestion..if i hit everyone that has got personal with me in my life then i'd still be fightin..i'm so glad you're not in charge of society

I'm not saying in every case, but the protection is to one sided.

I know I have been a hater about the Pienaar signing, but I saw on twitter Steve is on 70k a week. If everything people are saying about 4.5 Mil fee agreed we had better get get his on more realistic wages. I am thinking something closer to half those wages would be realistic.

the rumours on his wages are quite varied. Some say he left for 5k a week more, some say around 70k a week. Some say hes coming back on a cut, some say we're matching his Spurs wages (whatever they are). Pointless speculation really, just like the 4.5m..... or 2m raising to 5m.... Edited by Matt

Barton is undoubtedly a quality footballer, but he is a sociopath. I remember after that shite against city he tried to defend his actionson twitter, and it was only after he was punished he acknowlged any wrong doing which I would assume was a condition of his punishment either by the FA or QPR. Those are not the actions of a immature 29 yr old. Those are the actions of a person who is off their meds.

the rumours on his wages are quite varied. Some say he left for 5k a week more, some say around 70k a week. Some say hes coming back on a cut, some say we're matching his Spurs wages (whatever they are). Pointless speculation really, just like the 4.5m..... or 2m raising to 5m....

Assuming he was offered 60 here and is on 70 there, it would be a 5k difference after tax.

the rumours on his wages are quite varied. Some say he left for 5k a week more, some say around 70k a week. Some say hes coming back on a cut, some say we're matching his Spurs wages (whatever they are). Pointless speculation really, just like the 4.5m..... or 2m raising to 5m....

I'll becareful with this statement because its a forgien country and all, but it would be awesome if there was some kind of freedom of information act for all FIFA registered clubs where we could actually see "real" transfer fees, sign on fees, player wages, minimum fee release clauses, etc. Although on the flip side it would lead to more situations like where city poached joleon lescott because big clubs would release statments saying, "We will triple so and so's wages." I guess there is no such thing as a perfect world.

Pienaar could be stripped of the South Africa captaincy.. South Africa's manager Gordon Igesund has hinted he beleives Pienaar will perform better without the burden of responsibility.

"I have to sit Steven down and ask him if he wants the captaincy. Perhaps he's one of those lads who doesn't need the captain's armband to know he's the best player in the side," said Igesund.

Pienaar could be stripped of the South Africa captaincy.. South Africa's manager Gordon Igesund has hinted he beleives Pienaar will perform better without the burden of responsibility.

"I have to sit Steven down and ask him if he wants the captaincy. Perhaps he's one of those lads who doesn't need the captain's armband to know he's the best player in the side," said Igesund.

I'm not a fan of giving the arm band to the best player, their wages give them that ego boost anyway. Should go to the natural leaders.

For all North American leagues, the wages are publicly released. For instance, you see what an NHL (hockey) player would make in a given year. Terms are disclosed as the total sum of the contract and number of years. (eg. $110m for 14 years Shea Weber received recently - $14m first two years, $12m third and fourth year and so on...)

Even when it comes to the MLS there's a spreadsheet published of what each players' salary is.

So I don't see why it couldn't work for the European football leagues.

I'll becareful with this statement because its a forgien country and all, but it would be awesome if there was some kind of freedom of information act for all FIFA registered clubs where we could actually see "real" transfer fees, sign on fees, player wages, minimum fee release clauses, etc. Although on the flip side it would lead to more situations like where city poached joleon lescott because big clubs would release statments saying, "We will triple so and so's wages." I guess there is no such thing as a perfect world.

Why? If someone gives you verbal abuse, not just like calling someone a dick head, but like very personal stuff belittling you and your family with the intent to make you angry. It doesn't seem fair that you have to just listen to it. Most recent example would be Knight abusing O'hara and his Wife, if O'Hara beat him up, he would be vindicated to do so in my eyes, but the law dictates he'd be in the wrong.

Theres laws that protect people like Barton who've been wound up, i.e the defence of provocation. So if was bad abuse a court can look at it as a defence to the charge or minimise his sentence were he charged. Doesn't make beating the shit outta someone right but shows that beating the shit outta someone for no reason is worse than what Joey did. Its shit that he gets targetted like that though. No one likes it when people rubbish their family.

Theres laws that protect people like Barton who've been wound up, i.e the defence of provocation. So if was bad abuse a court can look at it as a defence to the charge or minimise his sentence were he charged. Doesn't make beating the shit outta someone right but shows that beating the shit outta someone for no reason is worse than what Joey did. Its shit that he gets targetted like that though. No one likes it when people rubbish their family.

Thats true but if my brother had killed someone for no apparent reason locally I would expect some shit off the back of it to be fair

hes no joey barton get over it now we would have had osman starting everygame if we hadnt signed him (not yet) osman is no 40 game a year player no matter how many backers on here he has rather give ross more games

cos pete compared pienaar to him i think

In the words of Shaggy, it wasn't me. I just stood up for him.