IGNORED

Pienaar

• 5 months later...

I think it's funny that the only clever midfielder with a true footballing brain is the one that people want out. He may not have the legs but he more than makes up for it in ability to make something on the ball.

Eto'o is in the same bracket yet everyone seems to give him the praise for exactly the same attributes. No pace great brain...

We are crying out for someone in and around the box to play a clever pass as we all too predictable. That man is pienaar, yet people want him gone. SOMEpeople on this forum really do talk out of there arses.

We need to be clever with our selections. There is certain positions where squad rotation is a no brained. Pienaar at home as we have majority possession and are continually in and around the opposition box making it key to have the likes of pienaar about. And mgeady and kev in away games as we need the legs to get out quick and press teams.

Edited by Brett Angel

I think it's funny that the only clever midfielder with a true footballing brain is the one that people want out. He may not have the legs but he more than makes up for it in ability to make something on the ball.

Eto'o is in the same bracket yet everyone seems to give him the praise for exactly the same attributes. No pace great brain...

We are crying out for someone in and around the box to play a clever pass as we all too predictable. Than man is pienaar, yet people want him gone. SOMEpeople on this forum really do talk out of there arses.

If Pienaar was played centrally then I believe he'd be more useful to us. Pienaar's lack of pace on the wings really hurts us on counters (when we actually manage to get them).

I think he can do something for us, problem is his fitness and position.

The last couple of seasons it looks like his body can't react as fast as his brain. For that reason, he's no good out wide.

He could play centrally and use his brain to find space, like Eto'o does...but then you've got Eto'o, Barkley and Naismith to compete against.

I think he can do something for us, problem is his fitness and position.

The last couple of seasons it looks like his body can't react as fast as his brain. For that reason, he's no good out wide.

He could play centrally and use his brain to find space, like Eto'o does...but then you've got Eto'o, Barkley and Naismith to compete against.

Exactly. He never seems fit enough to play anymore. Even when he is, he can't play the full 90. He has a great brain, but his lack of pace -- which wouldn't necessarily be an issue if he was used differently -- and persistent injuries really hurt his overall value to us.

We are crying out for someone in and around the box to play a clever pass as we all too predictable. That man is pienaar, yet people want him gone. SOMEpeople on this forum really do talk out of there arses.

We need to be clever with our selections. There is certain positions where squad rotation is a no brained. Pienaar at home as we have majority possession and are continually in and around the opposition box making it key to have the likes of pienaar about. And mgeady and kev in away games as we need the legs to get out quick and press teams.

.....oh I notice it's all the yanks that want him out aswell. All this proves is that every American has no footballing knowledge what so ever. I see they don't bang on that Howard is past his best and should be sold. He made an outstanding save yesterday and I guarantee he makes a fatal error against Qpr.

i used to be his biggest defender (and i'm american). years past he and baines were amazing together. this year proves he's past it and that's why i'd like to see him go. he has no speed at all, and slows the play down which has been a problem of ours. we play best with our pace (mirallas, ross, lukaku, mcgeady, coleman, baines) all tearing down on the counter and he doesn't fit that mold. he slows it down and then falls over when touched every single time. he used to defend with baines, he can't be arsed to track back now, too old and slow and unfit. gets injured after every match he plays. he's done for. he used to have great ball retention as well, the last few games he's played its been needless pass and passing to the opposition. he's past it amigo.

.....oh I notice it's all the yanks that want him out aswell. All this proves is that every American has no footballing knowledge what so ever. I see they don't bang on that Howard is past his best and should be sold. He made an outstanding save yesterday and I guarantee he makes a fatal error against Qpr.

Don't think Romey, Millwallforever or myself are American. It seems to be 50/50.

IF he was going to be played behind the striker, which is the only place he could be of any use, he's going to compete with Naismith, Barkley or Eto'o. So why keep him on crazy wages (60K p/w) when he's got no legs, no fitness for ages, less and less sell on value the longer we keep him, and would take a place away from better players?

Plus, his diving antics are driving me fucking nuts.

Don't think Romey, Millwallforever or myself are American. It seems to be 50/50.

IF he was going to be played behind the striker, which is the only place he could be of any use, he's going to compete with Naismith, Barkley or Eto'o. So why keep him on crazy wages (60K p/w) when he's got no legs, no fitness for ages, less and less sell on value the longer we keep him, and would take a place away from better players?

Plus, his diving antics are driving me fucking nuts.

He's not diving. He is unbalanced by the pushing of a defender and falls on the ball.

Slightly harsh that Ten mate, he was really good for a season and a half when he came back then it was just niggling injury after niggling injury which culminated in a loss of form which he has never got back.

Agree

Brett the difference between Eto and Pienaar is that Eto doesn't essentially have to rely on pace in his position and his "footballing brain" as you say is a different class he's certainly not the player he once was but even so his vision and movement is incomparable to Piernaars since his return from injury

I've always rated him in the past but the fact is he is not much use anymore considering the wages he's on

I agree on Howard not so much the American jibe but the man does at times seem beyond reproach and if we had a better understudy he's one of a few along with Pienaar I'd like to see phased out

Edited by EFC-Paul

If Pienaar was played centrally then I believe he'd be more useful to us. Pienaar's lack of pace on the wings really hurts us on counters (when we actually manage to get them).

But we would still have Mirallas/McGeady, Barkley and Lukaku which is enough pace. Pienaar is a clever player and whilst he isnt in the greatest form, no doubt due to injuries, I wouldnt sell him on. Its not like we will get much for him anyway!

You will see Pienaars value when he's fit and performing. We will score goals and you won't notice them coming from him.

if he gets fit. That's my main concern. I've defended him repeatedly for years but I've had enough of his antics and have no faith that he will get back to match fitness or be played behind the striker. For 60k a week, he's too expensive to have around