IGNORED

Pienaar

Taking a pay cut is admirable regardless of what sort of sums you were earning. A career as rewarding as a premiership player exposes individuals to a lifestyle that is difficult to change down from.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and has a good few seasons for us.

Sold for £3m plus £60-70k a week saved on wages = £6m. There was always going to be a signing on fee whether it be a new contract or a re-signing. He'll come back 'more committed' now he's seen what being at the Champions League club was like... he's definately learnt the grass isn't always greener and I think this will be of benefit to EFC.

and ourselves not gettin his contract sorted sooner

dont think thats fair either. He held back on signing, wanting the same wages as Artetas bumper deadl (if memory serves), We did well to get rid of him for as much as we did and to pay 1.5m extra (which is bascially just signing a quality player for 1.5m - wouldve cost more in wages) is still good business. Edited by Matt

Not singing and dancing about this, everyone knows my feelings on Pienaar but having said that I'm glad he's back with the club. If we can keep hold of Baines then a Baines/Pienaar left wing is something other teams will fear.

Naismith and Pienaar are two good summer signings, hopefully more to come.

Anyone know if he'll be playing against AEK?

Im delighted he is back, he should have been offered the same pay deal as Arteta in the first place. Thats all history now, lets look forward to the future.

No, he really shouldn't. But Arteta shouldn't have been on that sort of money in the first place because we couldn't afford it, and we sure as shit couldn't afford to have two players on that sort of money.

Im delighted he is back, he should have been offered the same pay deal as Arteta in the first place. Thats all history now, lets look forward to the future.

completely disagree - Arteta shouldnt have had those wages for the simple reason that we cannot afford to break the pay scale like that and honestly, he hadnt earnt that parallel by that point.

Taking a pay cut is admirable regardless of what sort of sums you were earning. A career as rewarding as a premiership player exposes individuals to a lifestyle that is difficult to change down from.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and has a good few seasons for us.

It wont end up being THAT large of a pay cut, if any. He will make up the differance because he will hit all of those appearance bonuses he wouldnt have had at Spurs. If we get 2-3 good seasons out of him it will be worth it.

Knowing what he can do and what he does for the team, this has to be a Good signing, you wont get a proven prem player for £4M anywhere.

Agreed

I could never agree with this statement. Not only was Arteta one of the finest mids in the world, which Peanuts was not , is not, nor ever will be, but Like Romey said we could not have afforded 2 players at those wages. I would imagine the only reason we can now is that our wage bill is down from what it was even last term.

All in all I hope Stevie P succeeds because if he plays well the whole team plays well, and what I care most about is winning.