IGNORED

Pienaar

The key factor being Baines, Pienaar benefits from the easiest job in football. Compare the 2nd half of the season he left to the one he came back, we played better without him and that was without also benefiting from 2 extra first team players to help.

Every other derby we get a red. Who is the most likely in our team to be the victim? I'll give you a clue he's the dirtiest player in the team.

PeteO I honestly wasnt trying to strir, everybody in here knows u dont rate him so there is nothing to stir. I am just trying to understand you and Im glad you threw that old nutmeg in because it highlights the point. IMO since he has been back he has played as well as anybody and has proved himself to be an integral part of the team and I had hoped you had recognised this

Clearly you think we wont miss him, I beg to differ!

I have had a few beers and I am trying my hardest not to be inflammatory so I wont even go there with the red card waiting to happen/ dirtiest player "stuff" (wanted to say bollocks really!)

In summary you think he is talentless, volatile and dirty. Just wondering if you also think he is 8 foot tall, white and has a squeeky voice?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I think we should sell Pienaar and get Bily back...

Seriously, there is absolutely no doubting pienaars quality from his intelligence, skill, tenacity, desire to win. He and Baines have an understanding and there is no price you can put on that. Gary Neville recently stated that plaing against those two made him realise he was no longer up to the standard he set himself.

The amount of goals pienaar is involved in is ridiculous. Sadly some people look at opta stats for assists and they don't tell the real picture, how many times does pienaar drag defenders away with clever runs to allow the likes of baines to attack the box and play 1-2's. Pienaar so often places himself as the "wall" for players to make give and go's,

Baines has no way near the confidence in the likes of anichebe when he is in the channels, he knows there is a risk that possession may be conceded, whereas pienaars ball retention is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.eplindex.com/14856/everton-steven-pienaar-vital-dispensable-opta-stats.html

Edited by Hafnia

With Pienaar we win 43%, without we win 37.5%

With Pienaar we play 335 successful passes per game, without we play 290

Pienaar creates a chance every 38 minutes, Baines 44, Osman 62, Fellaini 114.

I think Rodgers will be much happier than Moyes about his suspension.

With Pienaar we win 43%, without we win 37.5%

With Pienaar we play 335 successful passes per game, without we play 290

Pienaar creates a chance every 38 minutes, Baines 44, Osman 62, Fellaini 114.

I think Rodgers will be much happier than Moyes about his suspension.

Over 1 season or over his entire Everton career?

So 14 games. Laughable to even convey them alone to make a point on Pienaar's overall impact at the club. I've already stated they should compare them to the post xmas stats the season before. Final point and then I'm not bothering with this thread for a while, the quality of chances created by Pienaar is far lower than from the others.

14 games is a statistically certain amount of games. Enough to be sure of his worth. I do respect your opinion of Pienaar because everyone has the right to an opinion. I dont agree with your view but i respect it. I dont think we have had a better player in his position since Limpar

We don't always get our player appraisals correct, mine regarding fellaini early on was a bit off (however I did think his performances were a fair distance off what we got to eventually see)

Sometimes listening to seasoned pros and ex pros tells you all you need to know. Pienaar is a fantastic player, a proper footballer.

Spot on... sadly many rate players on whether they actually like them as a personality or not... and some just go off the hype (which works both ways!)

We don't always get our player appraisals correct, mine regarding fellaini early on was a bit off (however I did think his performances were a fair distance off what we got to eventually see)

Sometimes listening to seasoned pros and ex pros tells you all you need to know. Pienaar is a fantastic player, a proper footballer.

Totally agree, in fact I think you were spot on with your earler poast as well

Get a room you two!!

I think take a look at the form we have been in this season, Pienaar and Baines are an unmatched force in the premier league. Two very good and intelligent footballers, playing well together. And we seem to be doing pretty well from it, as we speak we are 4th in the table. They cant be that shit.

But I do hear that we carry Neville, and I guess its feasable we could carry Pienaar too. So the other 9 players must be immense!

Massive article in swedish newspaper yesterday saying how important Pienaar/baines is to everton. But they also give massive praise to Mirallas. When he comes pver on the left and Baines, Pienaar an Felli already there they can break down any defence just by being a player more on that side. They are so skilled on small areas that they can overpopulate the area without losing their composure and passing. In fact it seems to be a strategic move from DM and they presented statistics to prove it.

Ill get it translated and stick it up here after the weekend. (for now ive just got room for tomorrows game in my head)

• 10 months later...

I've been concerned with his performances. He and Osman both have been struggling, I hope this is just a dip in form and they can both pull a few more good years out for us. That being said, one day, Jagielka, Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar and others will have retired and Sylvain Distin will still be playing in an Everton shirt!

I agree. Pienaar and especially Osman were underwhelming for the final stages of last season and both looked as though they were running on empty. I always thought that if Barkley was given a chance he could have allowed one of them to be rested and rotated in the closing stages but it never happened and they had to struggle on. I hoped they would start this season on fresh legs but to be honest they don't look much fresher and I'm afraid age is starting to catch up with both of them.

• 9 months later...

I think MLS would be a smart move for him. He's exactly the kind of player who thrives here in the U.S. I'm not sure, given the injury and now being 32, how much he has left in the tank to play at the level Everton are at.

I'd give him another season, where hopefully he'll be a bench player (fingers crossed we sign a quality winger this summer), and then let him go next summer.

I'd give him another season, where hopefully he'll be a bench player (fingers crossed we sign a quality winger this summer), and then let him go next summer.

Yeah, I'm not against keeping him. He's been here long enough that he's earned the benefit of the doubt, and if nothing else he's a good depth/clubhouse guy.