IGNORED

Pienaar

Should've gone last season.

Look, no one really doubts his potential impact on the team; we don't really have another player like him. But for 60k a week to sit on the bench, it's time to say thanks and good luck to him

yeah i was really hoping when he was linked to moyes at sociedad he would have left. oh well, another year in the bleachers watching the team and he'll be off in a year's time.

• 2 months later...
Guest Howard's way

Naaar, he had plenty of chances to prove himself before the last injury. I'm kind of sick of seeing him fall over the ball to get the foul just because he turned back due to lack of speed and run into a hole.

He will always have a great brain but this league kills you if your off the pace. Sorry to say he hasn't got it anymore.

• 1 month later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-midfielder-steven-pienaar-closing-10614704

He's practically been out for two years now and is the wrong side of thirty, so I don't think there's much more we can squeeze out of him.

Shame really because the Pienaar of 3 or 4 years ago would've been perfect in this side.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-midfielder-steven-pienaar-closing-10614704

He's practically been out for two years now and is the wrong side of thirty, so I don't think there's much more we can squeeze out of him.

Shame really because the Pienaar of 3 or 4 years ago would've been perfect in this side.

He would, but like you say, been absent for too long. Loved to be proved wrong, but I think everything's against him at present.

Thats the only reason I keep counting him as part of the "deadwood". In his prime, I wouldn't have hesitated to start him

At his best, he would have been the first name on the team sheet ( for me ).

Clever player who's link up play with Baines was as good as any partnership I've ever seen.

Every team needs a player like he or Osman to get by the parked bus, shame both players are past their best.

Nailed

football is a profession -

in any other profession you will not be earning big fees if you can not produce the goods -

in the end it is a business decision -

a promising young player can be carried for a while but not an expensive old one -

Pienaar must come to the party or go home

Tough for me as S african to say - but business is business

same applies to Gibson and Osman - unfortunately we all have a sell by date

• 3 weeks later...