IGNORED

Pienaar

• 4 weeks later...

Why does he thinks he can get into the squad? Who is he better than currently? Sorry, Steven, but you've been out for too long and when you have played, you've hardly demanded a recall.

That said, he should've been told he'll be let go and that should've been before the January window.

Oh, and Dunc. Surely there's a better source for the story? :P

Edited by Matt

Martinez seems to give the silent treatment to quite a few of our players. As much as I didn't like him, McGeady said that he had to move away for game time having been frozen out basically. Gibson hasn't been in the squad for the last 5 or 6 games. Same happened to Distin. These have been good servants for the club (McGeady apart) and the least he could do is tell them if they have a future here or not. I think Pienaar will be off in the summer and rightly so but surely out of respect you tell him now so he can start looking for clubs rather than delay everything until May. Bit of a strange way to manage the players in my opinion.

Martinez seems to give the silent treatment to quite a few of our players. As much as I didn't like him, McGeady said that he had to move away for game time having been frozen out basically. Gibson hasn't been in the squad for the last 5 or 6 games. Same happened to Distin. These have been good servants for the club (McGeady apart) and the least he could do is tell them if they have a future here or not. I think Pienaar will be off in the summer and rightly so but surely out of respect you tell him now so he can start looking for clubs rather than delay everything until May. Bit of a strange way to manage the players in my opinion.

Gibson hasn't been a good servant - very good player when fit but lacks professionalism and ultimately he has cost us a lot of money in wages for the time he has been on the pitch.

McGeady was a strange one - in that West Ham game where he got sent off he was actually our best player but made a daft foul, he showed a willing in that game and was frozen out. Apparently he was superb for Sheff Wed after taking games to find his feet.

Distin as old and slow as he was getting wasn't treated very well. Pienaar I am led to believe was with Mirallas in the Eto mutiny - so no surprises there.

Mirallas just hasn't helped himself - but yes, Roberto certainly seems to have a vindictive nature about him. I wonder what is happening with Gerry.

Edited by Hafnia

Distin, Osman, Pienaar - all been pretty much shut out, i know they didn't have much left to offer but they were all Moyes old favourites. I wouldn't be surprised if these were the ones to questions Roberto's tactics.

could be, but doesn't change the fact that they're way past it (and on a combined 170k a week, including Distin)

Right but that's Roberto fault for not moving them on when they had offers and the signing ossie even though he's finished.

:huh: one he did move on, Pienaar looks like he might be going, Gibson was told he could go, McGeady is out on loan, Ossie... Well, hard to get rid of a player who's been part of the dressing room for 10 years or more

:huh: one he did move on, Pienaar looks like he might be going, Gibson was told he could go, McGeady is out on loan, Ossie... Well, hard to get rid of a player who's been part of the dressing room for 10 years or more

not hard when you don't renew his contract. he could have solid gibson and pienaar in the summer or january he didn't, they will run down their contracts, complete waste of wages and man management. club servant ossie? fine offer him a coaching role. he and hibbo never should have been re-signed.

then cancel his contract. i'm not sure how these teams do it but if the players not playing and refuses to go anywhere just cancel the agreement and release them. get rid.

cancel his contract and you're complaining about wasting money?! At least with wages, he could play if needed (and fit). Paying him off would be close to the equivalent in wages owned because, why would he accept otherwise?

cancel his contract and you're complaining about wasting money?! At least with wages, he could play if needed (and fit). Paying him off would be close to the equivalent in wages owned because, why would he accept otherwise?

he's not on the bench matt, we needed him last week with barry suspended and besic sitll unfit and just mccarthy but RM stubborn ass didn't even put him on the bench. if you're not going to use him sell or get rid.

if it's true he refused to go elsewhere then he's stealing a wage.

Wouldn't he have a duty to mitigate his losses? Under normal employment law the employee has to go try and find new work, whatever work he gets cuts out from what we'd owe under the remainder of the contract.