IGNORED

Pienaar

Nice to have him back. But he (understandably) showed nothing yesterday without actually playing badly. I don't see how he'll even get a spot on the bench when everyone's fit. We've moved on from Steven Pienaar.

I wouldn't say we have moved on from Steven Pienaar because we have not adequately replaced him , its more a case of Pienaar unfortunately being past his sell by date

Anyone remember France 98 and old lawrenson seemed pissed on one broadcast?

The guy is a total knob, he hasn't got a clue about football, have you seen his bbc predictions table compared with the real league table, Liverpool are third!!! And Leicester are about third from bottom!!! Clueless!

Guest rusty747

As much as I like Pienaar, it is unlikely he will ever get any meaningful minutes for the toffees ever again so if we can get a few quid for him then I think we should sell. I would like to keep Naismith though.

His agent is claiming Pienaar is close to a move back to Ajax.

Fantastic news.

In the nicest possible way I fully agree, he's been a great player for us over the years but he's simply past it and financially it makes sense to part ways and he gets to go back to a club he knows and hopefully get some minutes in.... if true that is

As much as I like Pienaar, it is unlikely he will ever get any meaningful minutes for the toffees ever again so if we can get a few quid for him then I think we should sell. I would like to keep Naismith though.

Even if it's on a free it's brilliant because it'll shift his wages, which is just dead money for us.

best for all concerned. Was quality when he was fit, his partnership with Baines was something to behold!

His first 2-3 seasons here he was outstanding. Great business by Moyes.

Most players said he was the most skilful player in training ahead of arteta etc. Wasn't too pleased with how he went t9o Spurs, he learned that lesson.

David Moyes' worst signing. Should never have bought him back. Only got the best out of him when he was on loan.

One of his best signings for me. We needed him when he came back from Spurs... Injuries were not something Moyes could have forecast. An excellent player.

We didn't make a massive loss on Koldrup. VDM was on half the wages, and has outside issues. Financially how much had pienaar cost the club for doing bugger all since getting his pay day.

Wages weren't mentioned it was a play around on "Moyes's worst signing" he's been a great player for the most part who's been kept on past his sell by date unfortunately

Be sad to see him go, in his prime he was absolutely superb. His partnership with Baines was one of the best I've ever seen.

Sadly he is way past his best and if we can get him off the wage bill it makes sense

I sincerely wish peteo was right and that he was Moyes worst signing because that would mean we had one hell of a squad

Wages weren't mentioned it was a play around on "Moyes's worst signing" he's been a great player for the most part who's been kept on past his sell by date unfortunately

Why would wages not matter?

He's not been worth a second permanent contact. Moyes went against the club's morals bringing him back. We paid more for a player we sold that would have no sell on value and gave him mega wages. Dreadful piece of business.

Be sad to see him go, in his prime he was absolutely superb. His partnership with Baines was one of the best I've ever seen.

Sadly he is way past his best and if we can get him off the wage bill it makes sense

I sincerely wish peteo was right and that he was Moyes worst signing because that would mean we had one hell of a squad

That partnership cost us more points the last few seasons as moyes' Everton become one dimensional.

Why would wages not matter?

He's not been worth a second permanent contact. Moyes went against the club's morals bringing him back. We paid more for a player we sold that would have no sell on value and gave him mega wages. Dreadful piece of business.

He had just had a fantastic 6 months back on loan and his performances had been superb, it made perfect sense at the time to buy him back. Injuries since then have plagued him but he had a decent track record before that so its not as though you could see it coming

• 1 month later...