IGNORED

Pienaar

I find the discussion abut money and signing players interesting

holding off on buying a keeper who has cost us at least 5 places in the league therefore millions amazing

if nothing else a keeper is our No 1 priority if we want to move forward. IMO

i agree completely. either give robles the gig (which i support) or buy someone who can do the job.

I understand your argument, although i think 5 places is an exaggeration. He's had a poor season no doubt. But i would sooner see howard in goals next year then see Kone play a large part of the season due to a long term injury to Lukaku or see Hibbert/Stones at Rb for extended parts of the season because Coleman does an ACL. What would cost us more points then...

I agree; he cost us points early but has saved some more recently.

We could still finish 8th or 9th (time will tell) and to suggest we could now be in a position to finish 3rd/4th with a different 'keeper is a hell of a stretch.

I agree; he cost us points early but has saved some more recently.

We could still finish 8th or 9th (time will tell) and to suggest we could now be in a position to finish 3rd/4th with a different 'keeper is a hell of a stretch.

I think 9th is within reach. And, considering where we were two months ago, that's a pretty massive turnaround.

Howard isn't to blame, though. I'll agree that he had cost a few points, but not enough that we would have otherwise been seriously competing for a place in Europe again next season. Our failures this season are team failures. To place the blame on him for not making a few makeble saves is just too convenient. Howard isn't the sole reason we have a -2 goal differential on the season. We haven't clicked offensively often enough, and we have had too many idiotic errors (from many of our players) that have cost us goals.

Keep Pienaar. We can't get rid of everyone. It's ridiculous the amount of people that get listed for the boot.

We know it won't happen it's just if people had the choice to move people on I think the majority would

I wouldn't be overly bothered if he stayed on another year but purely for cup games and coming off the bench but my worry is Martinez will keep hold of to many of these fringe past it or simply not good enough players and we will end up in the same situation again next season

Many of the players people mentioned have some if little residual value left in them and I'd rather recoup what we could now than get nothing down the line

Edited by EFC-Paul

The problem is we won't recoup anything for Pienaar. It's better to keep hold of him and get what we can out him here and there. His performance against Swansea showed he's still very much his old self. The problem being his body can't keep up now.

I can see the argument for keeping pienar for another year, you can always use besic as cover for RB, we have cover for the other full back

we need a CB ,and a midfielder who can stay fit and move forward, and a new keeper to say howard has pulled it round is a joke, the season started in august not April and yes the defence has been poor

but they did not make him drop the ball, or let it roll under him, or to get underneath crosses so he lost the flight of the ball.

have a look at the goals we have conceded this season and see how many are tims fault.

to not change the keeper or give robles a go at it shows a great lack of ambition.

We know it won't happen it's just if people had the choice to move people on I think the majority would

I wouldn't be overly bothered if he stayed on another year but purely for cup games and coming off the bench but my worry is Martinez will keep hold of to many of these fringe past it or simply not good enough players and we will end up in the same situation again next season

Many of the players people mentioned have some if little residual value left in them and I'd rather recoup what we could now than get nothing down the line

I hate it that Everton and some fans refuse to take the domestic cups seriously.

There is no excuse next season as we don't have any European football so if he puts a shite team out in the cups and we end up falling at the first hurdle again then he really does need to piss off

I hate it that Everton and some fans refuse to take the domestic cups seriously.

There is no excuse next season as we don't have any European football so if he puts a shite team out in the cups and we end up falling at the first hurdle again then he really does need to piss off

Don't be so presumptuous Dunc it's got nothing at all to do with "taking it seriously" I do as most take cup competitions seriously

It's blatantly obvious he doesn't have the legs to play regularly especially out wide I'd use him centrally in games against lesser sides where he'd have more impact it's nothing more than using a player to both of our advantage if he stays on longer

Why burn out and over play others when we have that option!? But I do fully agree with what your saying I wouldn't want a shite side playing in any competition just utilise what we have unless we make wholesale changes which is very unlikely

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't be so presumptuous Dunc it's got nothing at all to do with "taking it seriously" I do as most take cup competitions seriously

It's blatantly obvious he doesn't have the legs to play regularly especially out wide I'd use him centrally in games against lesser sides where he'd have more impact it's nothing more than using a player to both of our advantage if he stays on longer

Why burn out and over play others when we have that option!? But I do fully agree with what your saying I wouldn't want a shite side playing in any competition just utilise what we have unless we make wholesale changes which is very unlikely

Fair enough , I got the wrong end of the stick

Its just my pet hate that Everton put out a scratch side in the domestic cups, especially the League Cup, You hear fans saying we should use the cup competitions to give the kids and the fringe players game time, which is fair enough but then the same fans complain that we haven't won anything for 20 years

If you seriously want to win a competition you put your best XI on the pitch

Fair enough , I got the wrong end of the stick

Its just my pet hate that Everton put out a scratch side in the domestic cups, especially the League Cup, You hear fans saying we should use the cup competitions to give the kids and the fringe players game time, which is fair enough but then the same fans complain that we haven't won anything for 20 years

If you seriously want to win a competition you put your best XI on the pitch

Totally agree, the League Cup should be a team like Evertonsain priority. It's our most realistic chance of a trophy yet we piss it to the wall every season.

It absolutely infuriates me.

A trip to Wembley, a trophy AND a place in Europe yet every season we treat it with contempt. A side like ours should be grabbing it with both hands.

Totally agree, the League Cup should be a team like Evertonsain priority. It's our most realistic chance of a trophy yet we piss it to the wall every season.

A trip to Wembley, a trophy AND a place in Europe yet every season we treat it with contempt. A side like ours should be grabbing it with both hands.

Plus Roberto could be the first EFC manager to ever win it... his mini-legacy.

This has worked out quite well actually. I always go in the auto cup scheme but I have just renewed my season ticket today and this has acted as a timely reminder not to waste my money next year so Ive opted out of the League Cup scheme

This has worked out quite well actually. I always go in the auto cup scheme but I have just renewed my season ticket today and this has acted as a timely reminder not to waste my money next year so Ive opted out of the League Cup scheme

I never opt in it as my work rota has me ducking and diving to make the league games I pick my cup games. If I'm off I go if I'm rostered in I don't.

Sometimes the way it works I'd have no holidays left booking them all off to watch Everton.i'm always guaranteed a ticket no matter what.

• 3 months later...

He's finished and has been for the last season or so. Why pay a guy who will maybe give you 10 games a season at most? Constantly injured and leaves us short on the wing. Good player and good servant but age has caught up with him I'm afraid.

Edited by Geth

And people really think we can rely on him this season and don't need to bring someone in :doh: .

I've said it for two seasons now. Brilliant back in the day but can't be relied upon.

Martinez talks about us relying on Pienaar and Osman, they're both as bad as each other for injuries now. We just can not rely on them.

We are Soo thin on the ground. Its laughable.

I've said it for two seasons now. Brilliant back in the day but can't be relied upon.

Martinez talks about us relying on Pienaar and Osman, they're both as bad as each other for injuries now. We just can not rely on them.

We are Soo thin on the ground. Its laughable.

Yet nothing's getting done about it. So bloody frustrating. Omens aren't good for this season. Honestly see us starting like we were last season again. Exactly the same team more or less.