IGNORED

Pienaar

This 'gang' is getting ludicrous now, behave yourselves. Tut tut

There's a 'gang' on here ? Water on the bottom of the ocean too most likely.

Fact of the matter is, good to have Pienaar back again, but £4,500,000 ?, was I hoping for a bit less?, seeing as we only got £3,000,000 from Spurs for him with the initial transfer. In any event, deals were done, we have him back as our own player, pushing 30 years old now I think or maybe a year older, but still has a few seasons left at the highest level. Classy effective player and even though we paid more than I would have liked for a permanent return from Spurs, we have back at our disposal a genuine good player and working as he can, and with other players of merit we possess, could be a decent season ahead for all involved.

DK, I was being sarcastic. Just because people have banter with each other, doesn't indicate a group or "gang" culture. A gang usually agree on the same thing, whether that be political or trivial views, and this "gang", that people are suggesting, don't.

As an example, if I were to agree with yourself, am I in your gang?

It annoys me that's it's suggested because noone gets bullied or disrespected on here, most of the time it's sensible, with the odd occasional banter which is healthy on any forum. There are some on here who understand banter and accept a few insults but they don't cry and winge, then throw a paddy. They accept it. All part of a healthy forum my friend.

And technically...it's sand and rock at the bottom of the "ocean", the volume of water on top of it, that spans hundreds of square miles, is referred to as an 'ocean'.

DK, I was being sarcastic. Just because people have banter with each other, doesn't indicate a group or "gang" culture. A gang usually agree on the same thing, whether that be political or trivial views, and this "gang", that people are suggesting, don't.

As an example, if I were to agree with yourself, am I in your gang?

It annoys me that's it's suggested because noone gets bullied or disrespected on here, most of the time it's sensible, with the odd occasional banter which is healthy on any forum. There are some on here who understand banter and accept a few insults but they don't cry and winge, then throw a paddy. They accept it. All part of a healthy forum my friend.

And technically...it's sand and rock at the bottom of the "ocean", the volume of water on top of it, that spans hundreds of square miles, is referred to as an 'ocean'.

cunt

Fact of the matter is, good to have Pienaar back again, but £4,500,000 ?, was I hoping for a bit less?, seeing as we only got £3,000,000 from Spurs for him with the initial transfer. In any event, deals were done, we have him back as our own player, pushing 30 years old now I think or maybe a year older, but still has a few seasons left at the highest level. Classy effective player and even though we paid more than I would have liked for a permanent return from Spurs, we have back at our disposal a genuine good player and working as he can, and with other players of merit we possess, could be a decent season ahead for all involved.

this point gets on my tits so much...he had 6 months left on his contract..why is it so hard to understand we had to sell him for less than he was worth?

this point gets on my tits so much...he had 6 months left on his contract..why is it so hard to understand we had to sell him for less than he was worth?

I couldn't even bring myself to type that! It's been explained over and over again but people keep pointing it out as bad business!!! (mods please insert massive over reaction emoticon here!)

major overreaction alert.gif

Your welcome

StevO

Edited by StevO
Cuustomer request!

I've heard it suggested that the current wage is less than the £70k Pienaar wanted in 2010 and so their logic is that it's a good deal and the £1.5m will be 're-couped' within three years..

Does anybody else find it curious that we've declared how much we've paid for Pienaar?

Do you think it's a bit of a PR exercise to answer any questions over our spending this summer? "We did spend £4.5m on Pienaar you know. And on an unrelated note, thank goodness for Wonga.com!!".

Could well have been Spurs letting the number slip...

I had never heard of this wonga before, but over here native americans live tax free because of all the terrible things my ancestors and the like did to them. I digress, anyway it reminded me of these native american loansp2cVl.jpg

Geeee-whiz!!

Wonga is intended as a very short-term loan if you've run a bit short of cash just before pay day. I guess they have to give the annual rate, which as Mike as pointed out, makes for a giggle.

I have never, ever seen a long-term loan with APR of 89% over here. In fact, I think the Financial Services Authority have outlawed them!!

To quality this as "on-topic", do we have any native Americans on the board????????????? 67.gif

Wonga is intended as a very short-term loan if you've run a bit short of cash just before pay day. I guess they have to give the annual rate, which as Mike as pointed out, makes for a giggle.

That's how they're sold but many many people get in huge trouble because of them....renewing and rolling over month after month. Dreadful.

Bit of a debt "expert" in my spare time (having had problems myself in the past).

On topic....wonder if Pienaar has ever had a bank loan?

After all the talk about how much we sold and brought him for has gone down. it all boils down to one question.

Could we have got better for 4.5 million?

My opinion is NO!

I watched the last match he played for us and how he broke down when asked about coming back. I honestly believed in the guy that day and still do. i love players who would bleed to play for us and after his mistake i feel that he would.

If he turned out not being as good i wouldnt even knock him for that. Any player that wants to play for us deserves support.

I want to see us move forward but not at the expense of our history.

Come on Peanuts, show it was the correct desicion.

I wasn't quite aware that Pienaar had his own webpage, some players do, but never really gave it much thought, I concentrate on him as an Everton player and what he can produce for the club rather than personal preferences or an individuals moments of activity away from the game. In his spare time, Pienaar plays 'dominoes', 'watches Dutch movies' (really), and has zero sugar coke as a favorite drink. Good to have him back at the club above all else.

• 1 month later...