IGNORED

Pienaar

fair enough, i agree for the most part, just think that paying double what we sold him for 14 months ago is takin the piss a little.

Thats the thing that is clouding peoples judgement on this though

His contract was almost up and so Spurs jumped in and got themselves a bargain, people should look at it as 2 completely different transactions

If we had sold him to Spurs for £5M would that make him worth £5M now?

Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic and Osman tore apart most defences in the latter part of the season. Fellaini drove us forward, Pienaar and Osman found the gaps and Jelavic stuck it in the net. I think reuniting that front 4 is worth £6 million. If we had someone decent to play there instead then I'd understand people finding that a bit steep, and it is a bit cheeky of Spurs to ask for that after what they paid for him, but that's life.

If we don't get Pienaar on our left side, we're looking at either Gueye, who is generally a passenger unless we're dominating the game, or Osman with Coleman on the right which also doesn't scream out "creative force that can challenge for the top 6", or someone that we'd have to scout and also pay money for, who could end up going somewhere else which would waste or time. I understand that Pienaar would come back here in a heartbeat once the fee is right.

If its a choice between

1) Pienaar for £6M

2) Younger alternative for £4M + being unproven + settling in period + might not fit in as well + risk of being beaten to the signing by other teams.

I'd choose Pienaar personally.

I%20surrender.gifdoh.gif

Pete you really need to start looking at the game instead of looking at the stats

I do thats why I said the football was better in 2011 run. His stats and performances this year were much better than he's ever been for us, but to base him just on how we played before xmas would be unfair as we're always gash before Jan. Loan him, and see if he can keep it up. As £6 mil is far too much, it could possibly get us Guidetti which would be the more sensible option.

I do thats why I said the football was better in 2011 run. His stats and performances this year were much better than he's ever been for us, but to base him just on how we played before xmas would be unfair as we're always gash before Jan. Loan him, and see if he can keep it up. As £6 mil is far too much, it could possibly get us Guidetti which would be the more sensible option.

I rest my grip!

He has always been this good it has just taken you a few years ( and stats ) to see what most of us saw from day one. Even now I dont think you realise jsut how good he is and what he brings to the table

I rest my grip!

He has always been this good it has just taken you a few years ( and stats ) to see what most of us saw from day one. Even now I dont think you realise jsut how good he is and what he brings to the table

His decision making really lets him down and burns my head out.

add into the equation that he would have got a healthy signing fee from spurs and decent wages for the first year. they will be throwing that in the mix. they are in the business of looking after themselves, not doing us any favours.

Just do the obvious!.......Get him back.

The team play better when he's on the pitch.He brings the best out of Baines, if there's a beter player in that role, for less than what Pienaar will cost, then buy him.

Our squad is still paper thin, there will be plenty of pressure on Jelavic not to get injured, but if the worst happens and we have to face a number of games witout him, then I'd rather do it with Pienaar pulling strings for the lesser strikers we may need to field.

Pienaar discovered last season just how much he loves Everton, now let him show us.

• 2 weeks later...

Where did this £6 million fee come from? I would welcome Peanuts back with open arms personally, Im sure Spurs are resigned to losing him. Cant see Spurs wanting to keep an unhappy player on decent wages, warming the bench because Bale is first choice for left mid. Harry has said in the press that Peanuts is unlucky because of Bale playing in his position. We may have to pay more than we sold him for, but hopefully common sense will prevail. Harry knows SP wants away, and he knows he wants a Goodison return. Makes you wonder why Harry signed Peanuts in the first place though!

Where did this £6 million fee come from? I would welcome Peanuts back with open arms personally, Im sure Spurs are resigned to losing him. Cant see Spurs wanting to keep an unhappy player on decent wages, warming the bench because Bale is first choice for left mid. Harry has said in the press that Peanuts is unlucky because of Bale playing in his position. We may have to pay more than we sold him for, but hopefully common sense will prevail. Harry knows SP wants away, and he knows he wants a Goodison return. Makes you wonder why Harry signed Peanuts in the first place though!

Would be seriously complicated if (as rumoured) tea bag face has left Spurs....and even more so if DM replaces himsad.png .

Think about all the creative players Spurs have: Lennon, Bale, Modric, Pienaar, Van der Vaart, (Krancjar just left, but he was creative), David Bentley before his career went to hell. Who are our creative players? Ossie is the only real "creative" player we have... Arteta and Pienaar both left and Drenthe blew his chance..

Moyes for Pienaar anyone - straight swap? I may shed a tear for Moysie!

You'd have to wonder whether you would get the same player in Pienaar back; if Moyes went to Spurs. He could come back under another manager and may not fit within their systems, thus rendering him useless?

You'd have to wonder whether you would get the same player in Pienaar back; if Moyes went to Spurs. He could come back under another manager and may not fit within their systems, thus rendering him useless?

if Pienaar can only play in one system for one manager then does that not make him pretty limited then Edited by theprisoner

All ifs and buts regarding DM going to Spurs, may not happen. Spurs may want a manager with a proven track record of winning things. I am not having ago at Moysie here. I think Moyes is a very good manager, and like Pienaar may be suited to Everton. Personally I would like Moyes and Pienaar here.

The thing is who ever takes over at Spurs may want Pienaar in his squad and who could blame him.