IGNORED

Pienaar

Not ours when we don't have much of a pot to piss in.

This..

People pay for what they need you can't compare player prices due to being 9 days difference in age.

Sure £5m is good money for most players these days but for one that didn't want to be here & as Romey says is nearing 30 is to much of a risk financially for us plus I wouldn't take him back on principle..

Well he is 29 which is quite old for a football player and since he joined Tottenham he has only played eight games (most of which were from the subs bench) which means that he has probably lost all the flair and drive he had whilst being at Everton (where he played 76 games) and I really can't see why people are still entertaining this transfer. Like Romey said above me, it's laughable. He is not someone who we should be buying in this window and if he does end up coming for the proposed £5,000,000 then it will be yet another tragic Moyes error.

A better player straight away would be Niko Kranjčar who is 27 and would come for a similar price.

Fair enough he might be a good signing but are you surely saying that selling a world-class player for £3,500,000 and then buying him again a year later for £5,000,000 is good business? With all the shit that has happened to him in the past 12 months I can't understand how this would benefit us as a club.

It's an opportunity to get a great player on the cheap, so 'it could be' good business. All players are a gamble. We at least know him. We paid buttons for him, and got buttons back for him. Had we never had him in the side, £5m would be a good price, so it's irrelevant that he was once our player. What 'is' irrelevant is that he is for sale, and we have a decision to make. Yes, he's had injuries, but you don't get much for your money these days. At the moment, it's a pointless discussion though, as he might go elsewhere.

It's an opportunity to get a great player on the cheap, so 'it could be' good business. All players are a gamble. We at least know him. We paid buttons for him, and got buttons back for him. Had we never had him in the side, £5m would be a good price, so it's irrelevant that he was once our player. What 'is' irrelevant is that he is for sale, and we have a decision to make. Yes, he's had injuries, but you don't get much for your money these days. At the moment, it's a pointless discussion though, as he might go elsewhere.

Sadly £5m is bloody expensive to us!

I think we're worrying about nothing C. I'd like him back, but there are new opportunities for him, and we aren't an attractive package all said and done.

We're a very attractive package to Pienaar, he knows he could come back and settle straight back in. If everything else is in place it should be a no-brainer to him (and to us too really).

He's had a shot at his Champs League dream and it didn't quite work out through injury and the fact that there are better players than him there... was he bought just in case Modric left?! He'd definately have something to offer us if his head's right and fit... £5m to anyone else - fair deal, to us, well if there's enough in the pot for a striker... we'll see?!

We're a very attractive package to Pienaar, he knows he could come back and settle straight back in. If everything else is in place it should be a no-brainer to him (and to us too really).

He's had a shot at his Champs League dream and it didn't quite work out through injury and the fact that there are better players than him there... was he bought just in case Modric left?! He'd definately have something to offer us if his head's right and fit... £5m to anyone else - fair deal, to us, well if there's enough in the pot for a striker... we'll see?!

I think another club will come in for him.

all shite if we have that soppy baguette upfront

I would like a new striker no doubt, but I wouldn't mind seeing Saha used in a deeper role with Donovan ahead of him at some point as Saha's link-up play is still top notch... he just seems to not want to get into the box and that's where our using him as a lone-striker plan hits it's major problem!

Is he worth £5million though? He has barely played since joining Spurs and we (or any other club for that matter) dont know whether he can attain the heights that sparked all the interest in the first place.

I appreciate his contract was ticking down and we cashed in but since leaving what has he done to justify a £5million price tag? He doesnt even make the bench for Spurs

Go to sky bet click on football, click on more, scroll down click on more again, you are looking for " transfers " the very last one it says pienaar, click on it.

One thing I have learned in life, the bookmaker is rarely wrong, and for those of you too lazy to do all of that I will tell you.

Pienaar to everton 1/12

That is what is called pretty much a dead cert.

Looks like he is coming home, which prob just means that baines will be sold to arsenal lol.

It's the everton way lol.

Is he worth £5million though? He has barely played since joining Spurs and we (or any other club for that matter) dont know whether he can attain the heights that sparked all the interest in the first place.

I appreciate his contract was ticking down and we cashed in but since leaving what has he done to justify a £5million price tag? He doesnt even make the bench for Spurs

Yes he is

League One players are getting touted around for that price these days and he is a proven quality player

Go to sky bet click on football, click on more, scroll down click on more again, you are looking for " transfers " the very last one it says pienaar, click on it.

One thing I have learned in life, the bookmaker is rarely wrong, and for those of you too lazy to do all of that I will tell you.

Pienaar to everton 1/12

That is what is called pretty much a dead cert.

Looks like he is coming home, which prob just means that baines will be sold to arsenal lol.

It's the everton way lol.

The same odds were touted all week. Sunderland didn't even have bets on at the time. Time will tell. I just hope we don't have to wait until the end of the window to get players in.

Yes he is

League One players are getting touted around for that price these days and he is a proven quality player

He left us for 3 million and has done nothing to enhance his reputation at Spurs. Ok his contract was running down with us which affected the price we got for him but a player with injury problems over the last 12 months and approaching 30 is not worth 5 million in my opinion.