IGNORED

Pienaar

I saw that Babel deal the other day (surely it would require a fee on our behalf). No part of me believes the story... but am I in the minority here thinking he's a very good player who hasn't had a fair crack at the shite? I think he'd be good for someone given a fair crack!

Edited by c1982

I saw that Babel deal the other day (surely it would require a fee on our behalf). No part of me believes the story... but am I in the minority here thinking he's a very good player who hasn't had a fair crack at the shite? I think he'd be good for someone given a fair crack!

decent player at best, but would probably get in our team

I think he is a good player but isnt a winger. Saw him play for Holland in the U21 champs ages ago and thought he would be worth a punt. Sadly his career has come to a halt at anfield.

I think he is a good player but isnt a winger. Saw him play for Holland in the U21 champs ages ago and thought he would be worth a punt. Sadly his career has come to a halt at anfield.

I agree I think he'd be a good forward for some team who would give him a go.

...was talking to my mate about pienaar and he said his productivity this season is 1 goal (I knew that) and 0 assists (I didn't know that but can't think of any either!!!) Is this true? What are Coleman's?

This is why we won't miss Pienaar as much as we've all thought. His end product is pretty woeful, especially this season even though he's played well and been one of our best players. He's such a frustrating player.

this season 2 things have dawned on me...1 is that we won't miss pienaar..and 2 is the reason why...as romey said he has no end product..he can run as much as you want all game but he has fuck all to show most the time..osman can do that and personally i think leon would produce more goals and assists come the end of the season..the shite have kuyt who will run and give 150% but he also scores crucial goals(pienaar doesn't)..i'm just not convinced he is as good as we all though/think...

as for babel? i've always thought he is better than he has shown at the shite and given a run in a team he would be good but i'd be reluctant to let that team be us as i could be wrong

Chelsea have bid £3million apparently - http://www.thesun.co...en-Pienaar.html

CHELSEA have bid £3million for Steven Pienaar.

And the Blues now look set to beat rivals Tottenham in the battle to sign the Everton midfielder.

Spurs have yet to make a firm offer despite showing interest in the South African star, who is out of contract this summer.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is determined to boost his squad with his team fading in the title race and injuries to key players.

And the Italian wants the deal done NOW as Chelsea are in fifth place and need to rediscover their early-season energy.

Pienaar, 28, is keen to move as he would be instantly catapulted into Champions League action with either team and now Chelsea have jumped to the front of the queue.

He can play on either wing or behind the strikers, similar to Yossi Benayoun who is out with an Achilles injury until March.

Spurs were hoping to land Pienaar and Everton skipper Phil Neville in a double raid. But Ancelotti has been given funds by owner Roman Abramovich.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to Chelsea to be honest. At £3m we'd even make a profit.

Personally I think we will miss Piennar immensely.

He is extremely underated IMO. Just llok how many times he is on the ball for Everton

Virtually every decent attack we have goes down the left and thats not just because of Leighton Baines. I hear people saying he has no end product well in terms of scoring goals then fair enough. But put him in a side where the forwards actually move and I think you will see him thrive

Very suprised at some peeps saying we wont miss Pienaar :o when he has arguably been our best player for the past three seasons.

We have had some purple patches from Lescott a few years ago, Arteta, Fellaini, and Jagielka more recently, but for me Piennaar is so far ahead in that he shows such consistency, Baines might be our man so far this season, but its only because of the understanding he has with Piennaar.

I wish him well wherever he goes but i wish he was staying here, because we will miss him, and miss him a lot. I just hope Baines maintains his form and is not affected by him going.

wow, pienaar underrated...jesus

bill...he's been one of our best players yeah, but we've had a lot of injuries and inconsistency...we've actually fared better this season when pienaar hasn't played. you mention baines shinign due to pienaar's influence, do you not also think that it's the other way round? osman, when he's tried his hand on the left has done well with baines. fact is, pienaar is unproductive, might as well have hibbert in the final third, he does pretty much absolutely nothing there. without baines overlapping pienaar wouldn't have an out because he always cuts inside or turns back on himself as he doesn't have the ability to ease past a man. baines makes pienaar look better than he is IMO...we've not missed him that much when he's been out and i don't think we'll miss him much when he leaves either, so long as we get another decent body in.

You obviously think he's not that good Mike but i do, And most importantly so do Spurs and Chelsea so he cant be too bad. ;)

on the contrary, i think he's a very talented and very good footballer...it just surprises me that he consistently gets the plaudits without actually contributing much in the final third. he's a good player, no doubt, and he puts his shift in in the middle and tracks back, but do you not think our most 'creative' attacking midfielder should have a clue in the final third? he's very much lacking in productivity. this is the reason i didn't want to give him 70 odd grand a week, for that much money you want end product...well even more strongly, you need it. too much money, he can leave for me, i'm not that bothered. you look at other players in the league, take jarvis for example. would you say pienaar was a better footballer than him? for sure. i'd rather have jarvis everyday of the week though when we're going forward, because he's a threat. if eagles replaces pienaar, as has been touted....that wouldn't be a bad move in my eyes, he's a decent player and more of an attacking threat than pienaar, even if he is a lesser footballer in terms of technical skills and workrate.

If he can't agree terms with Chelsea then we never stood a chance in hell of him staying.

I would imagine he wanted some sort of guarantee he would get game time and Chelsea wouldn't offer it him. Just a guess though!

Would prefer to see him go abroad though!

I would imagine he wanted some sort of guarantee he would get game time and Chelsea wouldn't offer it him.

Any club who would offer that to any player would be out of their mind....it's making the individual more important than the team, I'd be surprised if Pienaar would be stupid enough to ask for it; the answer always has to be no.

Thanks for the memories Stevie, all those wonderful goals you scored and the amount of times you set up a goal for the side. Then I woke up.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pienaar but it really isn't going to be a massive loss on the pitch. Off the field we'll miss the couple of million he would have brought in. But on the pitch that graft can be replaced, and who knows, we might find someone who'll not fuck up the final ball.

* News

* News Archive

* Bid Accepted For Pienaar

David Moyes has confirmed Everton have accepted an offer for Steven Pienaar.

He said two bids had been received for the South African but one was knocked back.

Pienaar is out of contract in the summer and has turned down the offer of a new deal at Goodison Park.

Moyes said: “We have had two offers – one of which has been accepted – and we have given permission for his representatives to speak to the club involved.”

Asked if Pienaar would be involved in Sunday’s Merseyside derby, Moyes added: “At the moment I would think so."