IGNORED

Pienaar

I quite like Sturridge and his has already scored enough goals to show he has some ability.

Like a lot of young footballers coming through the ranks Im not sure he has the right mentality, at least not for Everton. If you started him every game of the season I bet you would be more or less guarenteed 10-15 goals.

i hope moyes takes the money now cos i dont want the greedy shit playing for us whilst i know he has agreed a contract to play somewhere else..he no longer needs to play for a move then..he can fuck off tomorrow for all i care and i along with romey will enjoy watchin him sulk on that bench..hope nev pings him next season

Got to go now if this is true surely? Possible conflict of interest.....eg we go on a great second half run and close in on the top four....go into the last game with the Champs league place between us and Spurs (bit far fetched admittedly). He's not going to be motivated.

What I want to know is how has he agreed terms with them when he's not allowed to talk to another English club til the summer. Acid face is at it again.

ya something sounds a bit off. the only way he'd be able to talk to them is if we're allowing him to and that would mean we'd accepted a fee proposal from them. if that weren't true, the club would never allow him to go and agree terms with a rival team during the middle of the season just so that he knows where he's going after his contract with us is up. we couldn't do anything if he talked to clubs abroad but he's certainly not allowed to talk to other english clubs

No, only Football Association (Cardiff and Swansea are under Wales FA) and contract length are taken into account irrespective of league standing.

It's worth pointing out that Everton will only receive 75% of transfer fee as 5% goes to the Premier League 20% goes to the tax-man (Value Added Tax) so Everton would only receive £1.5m if he was sold for £2m.

FA Transfer regulation 18 para 3...

A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the

player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A

professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his

contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months.

Any breach of this provision shall be subject to appropriate sanctions.

As far as I was aware he couldnt speak to any Prem club so how he gets to chose is beyond me? Also if he does have this choice surely he would wait til the summer get him for free if they have an 'agreement'. Its not as if he needs him.

Tbh I dont really blame Pienaar, I dont see why Arteta deserves more, although I dont see why Arteta deserves that much full stop. If he wants to play CL then fair enough but I would have a wry smile if he did just waste on the bench as well.

This is what surprised me from an article i saw somewhere .....

[Pienaar's contract at Goodison Park expires at the end of the season and he has ignored the club's offer of fresh terms of £60,000 a week, which has been on the table since the end of the previous campaign. When Everton subsequently agreed terms of £75,000 a week with Mikel Arteta, Pienaar had hoped for parity but such a proposal has not been forthcoming.]

If thats the target the other players will be aiming for when they Re-negotiate their contracts we will never have any money, and i foresee many more unsettled players wanting to move on.

Was he really worth that top player rating, with 15, 20, 25, and even 30 thousand pounds more than some of the other players ?? I think not.

He maybe had 2 really good seasons out of 6 but he's mostly been average and very frustrating, because we know how good he can be.

I think Arteta DID deserve his wages at the time, but with the shit he's been giving this season, he shouldn't be getting half of what he's on now....

I don't think we'll miss Peanuts to be honest...reckon his price was inflated since he had a bumper season in 09/10.

He didn't deserve that much and I very much wanted Arteta to stay. But those are wages you pay to players who are consitently getting you into the Champions League etc. We're not a club that can afford to be paying that much to a player every week.

This is the first time I have actually accepted that he is going, lets hope its in Jan now and we get a fee for him as I think he wouldnt get a warm reception at GP? do you think thats why Moyes took him off with 5 mins to go against Spurs or was that because he was injured? I was watching his body language and it didnt look like he was saying goodbye to be honest.

["According to the report the Lilywhites have yet to decide whether to try and push through a deal in the January transfer window for a fee in the region of £2 million, or wait until the summer to sign the South African on a Bosman free transfer"].

If they wait until he is a bosman they will lose him, Chelsea and Madrid are rumoured to be interested.

I think Arteta DID deserve his wages at the time, but with the shit he's been giving this season, he shouldn't be getting half of what he's on now....

I don't think we'll miss Peanuts to be honest...reckon his price was inflated since he had a bumper season in 09/10.

75k though is way too excessive. On the open market he probably is worth that wage but we cant afford to pay that much as the situation with Pienaar arises. It wouldnt surprise me if the likes of Heitinga, Yakubu and maybe even Saha and Felli are wondering why he is on roughly 25k more (before bonuses because I bet his are much higher than the rest of the team). If he doesnt want to accept a wage within our pay structure then he should have gone, football is a business and whilst I love Mikky and would be gutted to see him go, you have to be strict with the finances as otherwise you risk unsettling the rest of the team and the club.

If thats the target the other players will be aiming for when they Re-negotiate their contracts we will never have any money, and i foresee many more unsettled players wanting to move on.

Was he really worth that top player rating, with 15, 20, 25, and even 30 thousand pounds more than some of the other players ?? I think not.

He maybe had 2 really good seasons out of 6 but he's mostly been average and very frustrating, because we know how good he can be.

Exactly.

He didn't deserve that much and I very much wanted Arteta to stay. But those are wages you pay to players who are consitently getting you into the Champions League etc. We're not a club that can afford to be paying that much to a player every week.

Spot on as well.

Just read this on the liverpool Echo site:

The ongoing saga surrounding Steven Pienaar's departure from Everton has taken it's most unexpected twist yet, with rumours circulating that the South African international is a transfer target for Liverpool.

The Reds, who are in desperate need of some creative flair, reportedly see the 28-year-old as an ideal solution to their poor form, though whether the Blues would send one of their most effective players across Stanley Park remains to be seen.

This move would reportedly pave the way for Ryan Babel to sensationally move to Goodison as part of a swap deal, though the Dutch international would possibly have to lower his wage demands if a deal were to be sanctioned.

Source: CaughtOffside

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//2011/01/13/efc-rumour-mill-race-to-sign-taiwo-hammill-to-arrive-and-a-pienaar-babel-swap-deal-100252-27980369/2/#ixzz1AvwTcmAu

Just read this on the liverpool Echo site:

The ongoing saga surrounding Steven Pienaar's departure from Everton has taken it's most unexpected twist yet, with rumours circulating that the South African international is a transfer target for Liverpool.

The Reds, who are in desperate need of some creative flair, reportedly see the 28-year-old as an ideal solution to their poor form, though whether the Blues would send one of their most effective players across Stanley Park remains to be seen.

This move would reportedly pave the way for Ryan Babel to sensationally move to Goodison as part of a swap deal, though the Dutch international would possibly have to lower his wage demands if a deal were to be sanctioned.

Source: CaughtOffside

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//2011/01/13/efc-rumour-mill-race-to-sign-taiwo-hammill-to-arrive-and-a-pienaar-babel-swap-deal-100252-27980369/2/#ixzz1AvwTcmAu

woudln't be our choice would it?