IGNORED

An appealing thread II

Louis

i like the design with all of the words to be honest, looks good.

if shirts are printed with individual names on the back the price is going to go very high. lots of shirts, all with identical designs is the cheapest option, with a single solid colour print.

cant see too many selling though.

currently badgering footballers on twitter to RT a link to here

bluesky, if you are on twitter you might appreciate some recent tweets of mine

Edited by StevO

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep keep the colours down (although it's less of an issue nowadays than it used to pay, you used to have to pay more for more colours, and depends on what technique is being used for the shirts).

Front and back usually costs more, and individual prints cost more too.

Personally, I'd say it's not worth it unless there's at least 20 of you buying them. Otherwise, it's just for novelty value really.

I like the idea of t-shirts personally, but not as a money making exercise. It's usually a pain in the arse for whoever is getting them printed and sent out etc, for the sake of a few quid each t-shirt! (usually waste more in petrol money!)

Oh, one other thing you need to consider - 99/100 nobody cares about you making t-shirts etc, but every once in a while, a club, or organisation will be on your back about it. In particular, use of the Everton logo.

There are some serious 'jobsworth' types about who'll object to you using the logo. Best option is to get Everton permission, but then that can be a self fulfilling problem!

Just be mindful of it - they CAN get funny about it.

Oh oh, a design thread. I'm running for the hills lol. 67.gif

I've done a bit of art for T shirts and sites before, but to be honest I think T-shirts it is an idea that always sounds great at the time, but never comes to much in the long run, as most people aren't as enthusiastic about it when the cookie crumbles. Very few sites make much money from merchandise.

Oh oh, a design thread. I'm running for the hills lol. 67.gif

I've done a bit of art for T shirts and sites before, but to be honest I think T-shirts it is an idea that always sounds great at the time, but never comes to much in the long run, as most people aren't as enthusiastic about it when the cookie crumbles. Very few sites make much money from merchandise.

I don't think we were talkin a full on windfall of cash Av-man, rather if they can make an exra £6-8 profit a tee, then they've only got to sell 20 T-shirts tops, that'll cover the costs on its own. at £8, thats 15 tee's. If they were good, I'd buy one if not more? I spend nye on £40 a time on an Everton shirt, at least three times a year...so say £120 just from me on shirts. If one person spent that to keep TT alive for a year, then so be it?

I realise it always sounds better in principle but i think a) its a way of gettin the forum together (from a competitions side of things) and b ) allows people to show off, advertise and be proud of this site. I am. Some of you guys may use it as a stop gap or a time filler, but for me, its a community, I love the place, I spend (sometimes) far too long on here and as soon as i get some money (which is never alot), i'd be happy to donate.

I'll probably throw in a tenner when i get it. That just reminded me, Louis, for those who have contributed already (not sure if they'll want this but i'll make the suggestion)...could you do like a thank you wall or somewhere on the site dedicated people who have made donations? It may seem a silly idea, but because people are being generous and giving from their own pockets, we do need something to show our appreciation. EVen if its a 'contributors tab'. You don't have to state the amount or how often they've paid, just as a nice gesture like?

I don't think we were talkin a full on windfall of cash Av-man, rather if they can make an exra £6-8 profit a tee, then they've only got to sell 20 T-shirts tops, that'll cover the costs on its own. at £8, thats 15 tee's. If they were good, I'd buy one if not more? I spend nye on £40 a time on an Everton shirt, at least three times a year...so say £120 just from me on shirts. If one person spent that to keep TT alive for a year, then so be it?

I realise it always sounds better in principle but i think a) its a way of gettin the forum together (from a competitions side of things) and b ) allows people to show off, advertise and be proud of this site. I am. Some of you guys may use it as a stop gap or a time filler, but for me, its a community, I love the place, I spend (sometimes) far too long on here and as soon as i get some money (which is never alot), i'd be happy to donate.

I'll probably throw in a tenner when i get it. That just reminded me, Louis, for those who have contributed already (not sure if they'll want this but i'll make the suggestion)...could you do like a thank you wall or somewhere on the site dedicated people who have made donations? It may seem a silly idea, but because people are being generous and giving from their own pockets, we do need something to show our appreciation. EVen if its a 'contributors tab'. You don't have to state the amount or how often they've paid, just as a nice gesture like?

Didn't we used to have a merchandise client software installed on one of the old sites? Like an in-site store?

Members buy a mug or cap or shirt etc with our logo on and pay via credit card etc?

tt1o.png

the old style font at the top was one of Everton's historical fonts.

Good job. I don't think Everton let folk use the badge though, even on Everton fan forums, which is a bit sad.

Here's one I did for your lads years ago when a T-shirt maker requested ideas. I remember another bloke did a religious image which was great.

godsclub1.gif

From a talentless idiot may I just say these look great.

(I actually did do one last night but when I tried to post it up on here it vanished into the great wide ether out there somewhere and now I don't have it anymore.crying.gif

Bloody computers I will never understand the things.shaking fist.png

Ive got a vector (scalable version where it doesn't lose quality) of the logo somewhere, I'll try and find it!

Ive got this one but it does lose something as it gets bigger ................

largerLogo.jpg

Louis, paragraph 3 post #42....? smile.png

Ten i had an email thanking me so i'm sure everybody else has, or will have one.

Ten i had an email thanking me so i'm sure everybody else has, or will have one.

Yeah i figured they would, but from an outsiders/guests point of view do you not feel that if they can see or have it shown that this is a user run, user funded site. That would come across better from a 'community' point of view. How many other sites are user funded? I just thought it would be a nice touch?