IGNORED

An appealing thread II

Louis

As some of you will know, I make no money from operating ToffeeTalk, it's a labour of love for me and hopefully for the rest of you who contribute toward the running of the site.

The cost of hosting for the site from 7 November 2011 to 6 November 2012 will be £120.

Last year we received sponsorship from sports retailers Kitbag but I've been unable to negotiate a renewal..

So...if you feel able to contribute toward the costs it'd be greatly appreciated.

I can accept paypal payments made to admin@toffeetalk.com

Many thanks.

Louis

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis .....

"Last year we received sponsorship from sports retailers Kitbag but I've been unable to negotiate a renewal".

When did you start negotiating to extend it Louis ?? and did they give you a reason for not continuing.

Its hard to believe you cant get £120 pounds out of them for a whole years advertising.

Edited by Bill

Ive been through all this years ago Ten, could have got 100 car stickers for about £30, sell them to members for £2.50 and you can keep the forum going for 2 years.

It never got any further than the staff room, i passed it over to the Admin and it was binned.dont%20know.gif

Edited by Bill

Yes t-shirts! There you go, we should do a competition, T-shirt design comp. Everybody can submit 5 designs, we all then vote (can't vote for your own) on the best design(s), then it goes into production. Get some advertising, get some merchandise, sorted. Profits go to the site!

go on then Ten, sort it aaawt!

I like the idea of car stickers too, just the site logo and motto would look smart!

p.s. I know the sizings are out and character 'drop line's aren't spot on but i did it very quickly for a laugh. However the more i look at it the more i actually like it ahaha!

P.p.s Thanks Bill, will keep that in mind going forward (if the idea stirs enough interest)

Edited by tenaciousj

The prob with t-shirt is the sizes and having to manage preorders etc - lots of folks say they want a t-shirt, you get them printed, then they go into hiding leaving you with lots of t-shirts!

I'm sure some of you know t-shirt printers, but if not, I can put you in touch with one directly (then there's no crap about some City fan ripping you off etc etc).

Polo shirts can be nice too - quite tidy, but better suited to small logos on the breast. If you actually want to ADVER|TISE the forum, tshirts and big clear text are the way to go.

You'd be surprised how many folks have a nosey at a forum cos they've seen a few folks wearing t-shirts - esp if you're in a group in a pub etc before / after the game.

Edited by BlueSky