IGNORED

Cahill playing through the pain barrier

Matt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15619973.stm

I might get a bit of abuse for this, but why the hell is he playing if hes not 100% fit? We have a plethora of players who can play in his position, albeit in a different way, so why not rest him til hes fit and give someone else a chance! Some people wanted an example of Moyes and his favourite, voilà.....

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15619973.stm

I might get a bit of abuse for this, but why the hell is he playing if hes not 100% fit? We have a plethora of players who can play in his position, albeit in a different way, so why not rest him til hes fit and give someone else a chance! Some people wanted an example of Moyes and his favourite, voilà.....

Nail. Head. Hit.

I hate players playing when they're injured. It does the team no good because they're only half-cock, and it certainly does them no favours either.

I'd rather have someone playing who has a little less ability but is fully fit, because the half fit player will lose most of what he's capable of anyway!

Nail. Head. Hit.

I hate players playing when they're injured. It does the team no good because they're only half-cock, and it certainly does them no favours either.

I'd rather have someone playing who has a little less ability but is fully fit, because the half fit player will lose most of what he's capable of anyway!

I thought he was just having a bad patch of form and didnt realize he was injured. Seriously annoyed me...

Since when do we believe everything we read in the press?

Besides, Cahill came on as a late sub for Heitinga didn't he?

Theyre quoting Jags and saying he only comes on a as an impact, it would suggest the story has some weight. Even if its wrong, it means Moyes is playing a player out of form, who hasnt scored in a year for 10 mins at a time. Either way it doesnt make sense.

Theyre quoting Jags and saying he only comes on a as an impact, it would suggest the story has some weight. Even if its wrong, it means Moyes is playing a player out of form, who hasnt scored in a year for 10 mins at a time. Either way it doesnt make sense.

If Moyes plays him, then he's fit enough Matt. We have to start trusting Moyes judgement a little more.

*Footballer plays with sore ankle shocker.

Does it make fans feel better looking for more reasons to be unhappy? I think Jags might be best advised to quit talking to newspapers (if he has been) and concentrate on playing football.

If Moyes plays him, then he's fit enough Matt. We have to start trusting Moyes judgement a little more.

*Footballer plays with sore ankle shocker.

Does it make fans feel better looking for more reasons to be unhappy? I think Jags might be best advised to quit talking to newspapers (if he has been) and concentrate on playing football.

Even if he is fit enough, hes not playing well enough in my opinion.

That's the problem Matt.

David Moyes is paid to pick the team. It's 'his' opinion Kenwright pays for. Not ours mate.

I'd gladly sell Cahill, but you can guarantee he'll bang 10 goals in as soon as I say that.

No but thats not the point. I know hes paid to pick the team but that doesnt mean hes infallable, in fact with his recent decisions Im baffled!

edit: anyway, lets leave it, were not going to see eye to eye here

Edited by Matt

David Moyes is paid to pick the team. It's 'his' opinion Kenwright pays for. Not ours mate.

we arent giving our opinions to kenwright for money, we give them to each other for free.

if we never then TT wouldnt be here.

dont like players playing when injured either. jags having injections to play whilst not training through the week really grates me.

ok, johnny scored an own goal but he is clearly good enough to play at the back with distin while jags broken toe fixes up.

two words for anyone who doesnt mind players playing injured. Michael Ball.

we arent giving our opinions to kenwright for money, we give them to each other for free.

if we never then TT wouldnt be here.

dont like players playing when injured either. jags having injections to play whilst not training through the week really grates me.

ok, johnny scored an own goal but he is clearly good enough to play at the back with distin while jags broken toe fixes up.

two words for anyone who doesnt mind players playing injured. Michael Ball.

I think the Hargreaves saga is another example, but we're not giving Moyes, his physio, or Cahill much credit for intelligence if we don't trust them to make correct decisions.

dare i suggest drop him and put Billy in the centre where he actually looks as though he may be able to contribute something to the cause

Doesn't matter where he plays he doesn't contribute enough, Has he ever completed 90 Mins, ?? he is always the 1st to be dragged off, subbed.

IMO he's only one step ahead of Van der Meyde, very poor which is why Osman, an unfit Cahill, and everybody else gets in before him.

Edited by Bill

I think the Hargreaves saga is another example, but we're not giving Moyes, his physio, or Cahill much credit for intelligence if we don't trust them to make correct decisions.

My guess is that he has a niggle that requires rest, however moyes for whatever reason always has to play him in some capacity. - why? Maybe it's because our sole emphasis of attack is to zig zag the ball to the edge of the box and cross it

Doesn't matter where he plays he doesn't contribute enough, Has he ever completed 90 Mins, ?? he is always the 1st to be dragged off, subbed.

IMO he's only one step ahead of Van der Meyde, very poor which is why Osman, an unfit Cahill, and everybody else gets in before him.

in fairness, the centre is his position, he has said so himself now on a few occasions, yet Moyes still plays him out wide, if i was Billy getting played out of position in every game for so long now, id have asked to leave ages ago

He hasn't always played out wide, he has started several games inside but always gets pulled off, and lets admit it, god knows how many grand a week he is getting shouldn't he be able to play anywhere.

I would go in goal just to play footy when i was younger, these rich lazy fookers just dont know how lucky they are.

Edited by Bill

in fairness, the centre is his position, he has said so himself now on a few occasions, yet Moyes still plays him out wide, if i was Billy getting played out of position in every game for so long now, id have asked to leave ages ago

what i dont get was that moyes quite clearly wanted to buy a left winger, for the £8-£10m we spent on him, im sure there were plenty of actual wingers in europe who would have come.

what i dont get was that moyes quite clearly wanted to buy a left winger, for the £8-£10m we spent on him, im sure there were plenty of actual wingers in europe who would have come.

well thats my thing tbh, i cant believe there was not a winger available at the time, we payed decent money for Billy, why get someone when you know its not really their natural position

He hasn't always played out wide, he has started several games inside but always gets pulled off, and lets admit it, god knows how many grand a week he is getting shouldn't he be able to play anywhere.

I would go in goal just to play footy when i was younger, these rich lazy fookers just dont know how lucky they are.

look at the Man U game though, he played the first 10-15min behind Saha and looked good, then Moyes switched him and Osman and he just vanished after that

look at the Man U game though, he played the first 10-15min behind Saha and looked good, then Moyes switched him and Osman and he just vanished after that

With Bill 100% on this.

If you're a decent player you don't suddenly become shite by being moved fifteen yards to the left.

With Bill 100% on this.

If you're a decent player you don't suddenly become shite by being moved fifteen yards to the left.

well to some extent i do agree, but at the same time it does help if you have pace playing out wide of which he has none, but tbh i have no real idea why we bought him in the first place

Leon Osman does each and every time he's moved fifteen yards to the left.

He's been poor recently for sure but there have been times when he's not....remember a game after Pienaar left (can't remember who against) when he was brilliant on the left.

Bily has never been.

He's been poor recently for sure but there have been times when he's not....remember a game after Pienaar left (can't remember who against) when he was brilliant on the left.

Bily has never been.

Billy's debut he was awesome, the quality of his delivery from out wide was special.

I think anyone playing out wide needs pace nowadays, the reason being, nearly all full backs are whippets also. Playing billy in the territory of defensive mids and centre halves is suited to his game, and ossies.

At this moment cahill needs rest and reserve games to get back to sharpness, however I believe we have seen the best of him as I pointed out over a year ago.