IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

Wasn't Bergkamp's testimonial the first match played there, so who ever scored first in that match don't know who thoughcrying.gif

Yes, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for Ajax in Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial match in July 2006.

Legendary Football Players: Dennis Bergkamp

Friday 23rd March 2012:

Which three English players were European Cup or Champions League Top Goalscorers for the season?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's answer: Dennis Viollet (1956-57, Manchester United, 9 goals), Mick Jones (1969-70, Leeds United, 8 goals) & Terry McDermott (1980-81, Liverpool, 6 goals).

Saturday 24th March 2012:

Apart from Ireland's Stephen Ireland, which other footballer has the same name as the country he plays for?

Jason Scotland plays for Trinidad & Tobago.

Mike England used to play for Wales.

Is it George Democratic Republic of the Congo?

Thats the only player I could think of (unless Scotland Gemmill is still playing) and I knew it was wrong.

Keith Kazakhstan??

Close... but no cigar!

Xavi Andorrà, who has won 23 full international caps so far as a striker for Andorra.

He also plays his club football for FC Andorra.

Sunday 25th March 2012:

Who was the only Welsh player to finish the season as Top Goalscorer in the UEFA Cup or Europa League?

Was going to say Rush, but then British clubs were banned at his peak, Hughes never scored loads, same as bellemy, so it must be Saunders when he was at Liverpool?

Yes, Dean Saunders with 9 goals for Liverpool in season 1991-92.

Monday 26th March 2012:

How many of the qualifiers for the 2012 Olympic Games Football Competition are previous Gold Medallists?

Didn't Uruguay beat Scotland 7-0 or something back in the 1950s on route to winning the final against Brazil, they had a good side then and goals back then were going in left right and center, so I'll try a wild shot at the south americans also.

All I know is it wasn't France in 1998, I remember vividly they only scored about six goals that year and somehow won the damn tourney of all things. unsure.png