IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

Wasn't it Torres when he first came over?! He scored a shed load in his first season with the shite!

I woulden't argue with that to be honest Mogsy. I know that Ruud was on fire but I know that Fernando was too when he came from Spain! If Van Nistlerooy is wrong then he would definatly be my second answer (shame he hasn't replecated his Liverpool form with Chelsea).

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of Ravanelli (Middlesbrough 1996-97) when I first saw the question

Although Boro were relegated they reached two cup finals that season and Mr Rav scored a threesome on his debut against the shite on opening day, I remember he scored plenty in all competitions, if we can dismiss Premier League records only

Failing that, I'll go with Alan Shearer with either Blackburn or Newcastle

Friday 24th February 2012:

What do Chris Sutton, Les Ferdinand, Moritz Voltz and Marc Albrighton have in common?

Goal landmarks - Albrighton recently scored the 10,000? PL goal - so something along those lines?

I think your right, but it was Ferdinand that got the 10000th goal wasn't it? So albrighton must be at least double that

haha sorry man just been watchin the game downstairs havin a think too...lineker is my guess...i know he did it for us and leicester and possibly spurs too? otherwise i haven't a clue

was i right on your question zoo?? you still haven't told me you big tease!!!

albrighton got the 20,000th prem goal...and i know voltz got the 15,000th...so sutton must have got the 5,000th?

good shout c!

Kevin Phillips didn't join Sunderland in 1999 so how can he have been the right answer? Unless Sunderland got promoted in that year...

For the new question however I will agree that the link is that they have scored land-mark goals. I am 100% sure that Volz scored the 15,000 Premier League goal as everyone round Craven Cottage re-named him '15,000 Volz'. Because this is such a strange occurance I'll take a stab that the other three have scored the 5, 10 & 20,000th goals).

You know what, I totally forgot that you had answered that, how embarrasing!

You'll be glad to know however that after several sleepless nights you win the points for my question this time. Gary Linekar was the correct answer as he achieved the feat as highest goalscorer for Leicester City, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur in 3 seasons.

Also;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 10:

Which player has the most unused sub appearances of all time? (in the Premier League).

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 10:

Which player has the most unused sub appearances of all time? (in the Premier League).

I'm going in with Stuart Taylor sub keeper for arsenal, then villa, then citeh - must be a keeper anyway!!!

Also yeah it was 20,000... so as said 5k, 10k, 15k and 20k goal landmarks!

Stealing Carl's idea....Cudicini?

Again it's a very good guess but I'm afraid your wrong. Carlo Cudicini is the wrong answer (I always hoped he would have more ambition by the way, I'd have loved him at Everton when he had the form of being Chelsea's number 1 under his belt).

albrighton got the 20,000th prem goal...and i know voltz got the 15,000th...so sutton must have got the 5,000th?

good shout c!

Yes, they scored the Premier League's 5,000th, 10,000th, 15,000th and 20,000th goals respectively.

Saturday 25th February 2012:

Which was the only team to wear numbers 1 to 11 since the introduction of Premier League squad numbers in 1993-94?

Harper at Newcastle, been there forever hasn't he - back-up to given for years and now to krul?

You are correct my friend!

Steve Harper was the number two to Shay Given in the time that he was there and then went on to be the number two for Krul. He's been out on loan a few times to the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton and played some first team games there but as of writing he is a Newcastle United player and has been an un-used substitute a whopping 290 times.

I know there is a running joke that Newcastle United have won fuck all but surely they have won something other than the Charity Shield. I'm sure they will have won the FA/League Cup back in the olden days.

I'll guess someone like Wrexham. I'm guessing they might have sneaked into the Charity Shield and managed to win it before plummeting down the leagues and ending up where they are now.

It has to be a team who was good enough to finish 2nd in the league (one season wonder) in a season where the champions also won the f.a.cup...

I was guessing that maybe Wrexham managed to get themselves into 2nd one season and then sadly dropped like a stone through the leagues to where they are now.

How about;

Huddersfield Town or Derby County?

It has to be a team who was good enough to finish 2nd in the league (one season wonder) in a season where the champions also won the f.a.cup...

That was my thinking also....but I looked at all the runners-up in double winning seasons and it doesn't work.

Maybe something war affected?

It would help if we knew when the charity shield even came about

It's the league champs vs FA cup winners, although when double winning sides occur, they usually go with the League Runners Up

I don't know it off hand, it's not Q.P.R., Cardiff, (question said, ONLY Domestic honor, Charity Shield, so it can't be the Welsh side by my math), certainly not Newcastle, they've won about six FA cups you know, Derby were league champs twice in the 1970s, Huddersfield were huge in the 1930s and possibly won the league at some stage, or 1920s even, so discount them, Wrexham just sounds totally inplausible, I'm 99.5 per cent certain they have nothing to do with this

As stated, I don't know who it is, we can only take the impossibilities out of the equation

I'm guessing Wrexham have never won anything, never the league title or FA cup, although possibly the Welsh Cup which isn't saying much when you see winners such as Barry Town or Total Network Solutions in the winners enclosure

maybe a 4th or 3rd division title at best at the racecourse ground but nothing on a grander scale