• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka?

Henning Berg?

Mark Overmars

Ronny Jensen?

All wrong I'm afraid - keep guessing.

I'll give you all a clue seeing as nobody has grabbed the answer yet and seeing as c1982 mentioned relegation. The player that I am thinking of obviously won four major trophies with four major clubs however one of these clubs do not play in the top flight anymore.

Edited by Zoo

yes c1982 you are thinkin of the right guy..makes sense to me anyways cos this guy got relegated too...took us ages in pub to think of it

I got it pretty quick but it was fresh after their relegation - there's also a similar Anelka question I think?

Edited by c1982

Albert Fererre (whatever his name is!), Reyes, Del Horno. Think Pique too but maybe didn't play enough to qualify for a medal.

José Antonio Reyes (Arsenal 2003-04), Asier del Horno (Chelsea 2005-06) & Gerard Piqué (Manchester United 2007-08).

Friday 10th February 2012:

Which was the only FIFA World Cup Finals Tournament that failed to produce a single hat-trick?

I only remember the 1998 World Cup onwards because of my age. I'm sure that the French World Cup would have been a good one and considering the form that they had in the tournement and they will have no doubt have put in a few hat-tricks. I know for sure that there was a hat-trick from Miroslav Klose in the 2002 World Cup when Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0 (I have the DVD) and in the recent 2010 World Cup in South Africa I'm sure that there were a few high scoring games (for example; Portugal 7 North Korea 0).

The only World Cup that I can remember being dull was Germany's 2006 World Cup and that is my answer.

I only remember the 1998 World Cup onwards because of my age. I'm sure that the French World Cup would have been a good one and considering the form that they had in the tournement and they will have no doubt have put in a few hat-tricks. I know for sure that there was a hat-trick from Miroslav Klose in the 2002 World Cup when Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0 (I have the DVD) and in the recent 2010 World Cup in South Africa I'm sure that there were a few high scoring games (for example; Portugal 7 North Korea 0).

The only World Cup that I can remember being dull was Germany's 2006 World Cup and that is my answer.

Yes, the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. Every other tournament from 1930 to 2010 produced at least one hat-trick.

Saturday 11th February 2012:

Which three managers from Northern Ireland have won the Premier League Manager of the Month Award?

Saturday 11th February 2012:

Which three managers from Northern Ireland have won the Premier League Manager of the Month Award?

O'Neill, Worthington, Rodgers.

Martin O'Neill (Leicester City- Sept 1997, Oct 1998, Nov 1999, Aston Villa - Apr 2007, Nov 2007, Dec 2008, Apr 2010, Sunderland - Dec 2011), Danny Wilson (Sheffield Wednesday - Jan 2000) & Brendan Rodgers (Swansea City - Jan 2012).

Sunday 12th February 2012:

Who was the only Norwich City player to finish a Top Flight season as the highest goalscorer?

Martin O'Neill (Leicester City- Sept 1997, Oct 1998, Nov 1999, Aston Villa - Apr 2007, Nov 2007, Dec 2008, Apr 2010, Sunderland - Dec 2011), Danny Wilson (Sheffield Wednesday - Jan 2000) & Brendan Rodgers (Swansea City - Jan 2012).

Sunday 12th February 2012:

Who was the only Norwich City player to finish a Top Flight season as the highest goalscorer?

Sutton?

Ted MacDougall maybe.

Might be something to do with age but I think that too, back in the 70's

Not sure of anyone else, but back then I liked Ted and hoped Everton would get him. (I never change LOL I am still waiting for the announced signing of Lionel Messi)

Ian rush made 6 league cup final appearances, only one other player has done this, he still plays in premier league, name him...

My first instinct was giggs but that would be too obvious... so Heskey with the shite, Leicester, possibly Wigan and most recently villa.

Edited by c1982

There's (unanswered) questions all over the place, I don't know which one to answer, this is a bit muddled mellow.png

Is the inbreds Norwich one Robert Fleck at all

What's the League Cup one, big nosed Rush in League Cup Finals, ok, six appearances say 1981,82,83,84, (was with Juventus in 87), so 95 and one with Leeds maybe not sure about the sixth

The other has to be Giggs - who is still playing - Manchester United 1991, 92, 94, 2003, 2006, and surely one other. I'm going with him

There's (unanswered) questions all over the place, I don't know which one to answer, this is a bit muddled mellow.png

Apologies Kane - I was leaving the question open seeing as nobody guessed it right. The answer was indeed Kanu as Macro pointed out earlier, he won the FA Cup with Portsmouth (who are now in the lower leagues of English football), he won the Premiership with Arsenal, UEFA Cup with Inter Milan and the Champions League with Ajax.

I don't mean this in a rude way or anything but are people on the forum as a whole getting bored of the trivia questions? There have been a few left un-answered and I'm unsure whether thats down to people not knowing them or people losing interest. I'm happy to keep posting my question of the day if people still enjoy it :)

Apologies Kane - I was leaving the question open seeing as nobody guessed it right. The answer was indeed Kanu as Macro pointed out earlier, he won the FA Cup with Portsmouth (who are now in the lower leagues of English football), he won the Premiership with Arsenal, UEFA Cup with Inter Milan and the Champions League with Ajax.

I don't mean this in a rude way or anything but are people on the forum as a whole getting bored of the trivia questions? There have been a few left un-answered and I'm unsure whether thats down to people not knowing them or people losing interest. I'm happy to keep posting my question of the day if people still enjoy it smile.png

i like um man keep them comin...if people know they answer..just do um every day it's long enough for people to seee

I'm pretty sure I know this one actually. I think that Samuel Eto'o has scored considerably more goals than anyone else in the African Cup of Nations during his time at Cameroon, he has since retired so his record is up for grabs but if I remember rightly his goal tally is quite remarkable.

Got to be Rodger Milla surely?!

I'm too young to remember him :(