IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 2:

Four players have won the Ballon d'Or whilst playing for Manchester United.

Name them all;

1) Dennis Law (1964)

2) Bobby Charlton (1966)

3) George Best (1968)

4) Cristiano Ronaldo (2008)

Edited by Zoo

2) Ronaldo

Well done Pete, Cristiano Ronaldo won it 2008 beating Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) and Fernando Torres (Liverpool) in the final.

Probably one or two from the '60s...Charlton/Best etc. Certainly Ronaldo.

I'm unsure if that was a geniune guess or you helping Pete but seeing as you mentioned Charlton I will give it to you! Bobby Charlton won it in 1966 beating Eusabio (Benfica) and Franz Beckenbauer (Bayerm Munich). It was close however as Bobby won the award by just one vote.

Spurs supporter says Ossie did it.. Sounds right to me.

Yes, Ossie Ardiles (Argentina - Tottenham Hotspur) and Alan Ball (England - Southampton & Manchester City).

Friday 27th January 2012

Which English player has scored the most Premier League goals without ever winning a full England cap?

Friday 27th January 2012

Which English player has scored the most Premier League goals without ever winning a full England cap?

Dean holdsworth?

No not Holdsworth.

It was Kevin Campbell with a total of 82 Premier League goals (with Arsenal, Nottingham Forest, Everton and West Bromwich Albion).

Saturday 28th January 2012

Who is the only player to score goals in 10 consecutive full England internationals?

got a feeling this is from before my time but i'll go with either Shearer or Owen

Nah, he woulden't have managed 10 internationals without pulling up his hamstring!

On the topic of my question marcopaulo has managed to find the two missing players; Dennis Law who won the award in 1964 defeating two Spanish players in the final, Luis Suarez and Amancio and George Best who won the award some years later in 1968 getting more votes than team-mate Bobby Charlton and Yugoslavian Dragan Dzajic.

2 points to you my friend.

know this...well kind of...someone from the 1800s..my mate crooky asked us this a couple months back but i can't remember the guys name..

Yes, it was Steve Bloomer of Middlesbrough and Derby County scored a total of 19 goals in ten England games from March 1885 to March 1889.

Sunday 29th January 2012

How many Italian players have won English Premier League medals?

The only club I can imagine would have had an Italian in it would be Chelsea, arsenal haven't, can't think of any at man utd or Blackburn. Anyway my mates a mad Chelsea fan and he reckons there wasn't any in when they won the league, so I'm going for a big fat zero as well!

The only club I can imagine would have had an Italian in it would be Chelsea, arsenal haven't, can't think of any at man utd or Blackburn. Anyway my mates a mad Chelsea fan and he reckons there wasn't any in when they won the league, so I'm going for a big fat zero as well!

I'll be going for a big fat zero too. The only one that came to mind was Gianfranco Zola but I am sure that he was only ever in the squad when they came 2nd under Claudio Ranieri to Manchester United, I think he retired the season that they reached the top. Maybe Carlo Cudicini picked up a winners medal being Petr Cech's number two? But again he might not have played enough games - I'll go with zero.

Also;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 3:

Who is the Spanish national teams most capped player?

Answer: Iker Casillas (127 caps with 0 goals).

Edited by Zoo

I'll be going for a big fat zero too. The only one that came to mind was Gianfranco Zola but I am sure that he was only ever in the squad when they came 2nd under Claudio Ranieri to Manchester United, I think he retired the season that they reached the top. Maybe Carlo Cudicini picked up a winners medal being Petr Cech's number two? But again he might not have played enough games - I'll go with zero.

Also;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 3:

Who is the Spanish national teams most capped player?

must be casillas or puyol...i'll go with casillas

Both marcopaulo and c1982 are correct with Iker Casillas. The fanstastic goalkeeper has managed to rack up 127 caps for the national team whilst also captaining his side to Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 glory and is still playing to this date meaning that his record gets stronger and stronger. He is yet to score for them however, so he's not as good as Tim Howard!

He is the most capped player by only 1 game however as his closest rival is Andondi Zubizaretta with 126 caps (Xavi is third with 107 caps, Raul fourth with 102, Puyol fifth with 98, Xabi Alonso sixth with 92, Torres seventh with 91, Hierro eighth with 89 and David Villa and Sergio Ramos are tied to ninth place with 82 caps).

Well done to those of you that guessed correctly.

Edited by Zoo

I have been scratching my head over this one. I am afraid I can't think of any at all.

Although players from 34 different countries have won Premier League medals, to date no Italian player has ever won one.

Monday 30th January 2012

Who is the only player to score hat-tricks in the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and FA Cup for the same club?