IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger has to be one he's lost champs league to barca and euro to gala and not sure if it was too early for him but the famous cup winners cup final when nayim lobbed seaman? There's all 3 with ??? over 3rd!

Not a clue the other maybe van gaal, ancellotti or pellegrinni someone like that - all been around a bit!!!

Héctor Raúl Cúper with Mallorca (ECWC 1999) & Valencia (Champions League 2000 & 2001) and Arsène Wenger with AS Monaco (ECWC 1992) & Arsenal (UEFA Cup 2000 & Champions League 2006).

Sunday 5th February 2012:

Which five players have appeared for both Manchester United and Barcelona?

pique...larsson...blanc...cruyff..???

Laurent Blanc, Jordi Cruyff, Mark Hughes, Henrik Larsson and Gerard Pique.

Monday 6th February 2012:

Who was the first Arsenal player to appear for England in a FIFA World Cup Finals match?

Edited by THFC6061

Don't think George Eastham got a game in '66 so it's probably not 'til Rix or Sansom in '82.

(Unless it was earlier than that....in which case no idea)

Yes, Kenny Sansom or Graham Rix in England's 3-1 win against France in Bilbao, Spain on 16th June 1982.

Tuesday 7th February 2012:

Which four players from Leeds United won the Football Writers Association Footballer of the Year Award?

Strachan, Brehmner, Cantona, Hunter.

I would have said Gordan Strachan right away because I'm almost certain that he has won it. Eric Cantona I have no idea about and the other two I've never heard of unfortunatly (probably before my time).

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

Which English team have the most promotions & relegations to their name?

Birmingham City (27)

Edited by Zoo

I would have said Gordan Strachan right away because I'm almost certain that he has won it. Eric Cantona I have no idea about and the other two I've never heard of unfortunatly (probably before my time).

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

Which English team have the most promotions & relegations to their name?

Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace

One of the Sheffield clubs?

West Ham?

Preston North End (or another founder member?)

I can safely say that you are all wrong. The founding members theory is a good one but due to all the founding members being good teams in their respected divisions (for example Everton have been going longer than other football clubs but haven't been relegated/promoted much) the answer is not a founding member. Whereas both Preston and Notts County have had their ups and downs the club that I'm thinking of takes the biscuit.

West Brom - must hold the prem record anyway!

It's the wrong answer but I woulden't argue with you on the Premiership record. The Baggies must be the Ultimate Yo-yo team by now and in a few years I can see them being relegated again! Keep guessing though, something tells me that you're getting close..