IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Gallagher for Blackburn?

That's who I would have gone with. I don't have too strong memories of Gallacher but I do seem to remember him popping up with a handful of goals for Blackburn so if anyone I'd say it was him. I'm sure Duncan Ferguson has bagged one for us but I don't think he has done it twice. Did Kenny Dalglish ever play in the Premiership? If so then he could be a shout if Gallacher is wrong.

Edit: This is the first time I've been in this thread so I don't know the rules, if I find an interesting question can I post it? Or do I need to answer a question right first..

Edited by Zoo

That's who I would have gone with. I don't have too strong memories of Gallacher but I do seem to remember him popping up with a handful of goals for Blackburn so if anyone I'd say it was him. I'm sure Duncan Ferguson has bagged one for us but I don't think he has done it twice. Did Kenny Dalglish ever play in the Premiership? If so then he could be a shout if Gallacher is wrong.

Edit: This is the first time I've been in this thread so I don't know the rules, if I find an interesting question can I post it? Or do I need to answer a question right first..

Yes, Kevin Gallacher of Blackburn Rovers: 3-1 v Wimbledon, 15th March 1997 & 5-0 v Aston Villa, 17th January 1998.

Please feel free to post whatever football trivia questions you fancy.

I post one every day anyway.

Monday 23rd January 2012

Who is the all-time record goalscorer at an African Cup of Nations Finals tournament?

Due to him playing for donkey's years I would have to agree with Matt and shoutout Samuel Eto'o. I'm sure he's managed to bag a fair few in the World Cups that Cameroon have taken part in so he shoulden't have had a problem scoring in the African Cup of Nations.

I'll have a think too about some of my own questions, I can see this being a thread I'll enjoy!

Edit: Here we go my first question, hope it's one that can keep you thinking for a little while at least.

Q: In Brazil's history of football which player has scored the most goals? Given that those who have retired will not be counted (i.e - Pele cannot be the answer because he has retired, the answer must be someone who still plays at club level).

Edited by Zoo

Due to him playing for donkey's years I would have to agree with Matt and shoutout Samuel Eto'o. I'm sure he's managed to bag a fair few in the World Cups that Cameroon have taken part in so he shoulden't have had a problem scoring in the African Cup of Nations.

I'll have a think too about some of my own questions, I can see this being a thread I'll enjoy!

Edit: Here we go my first question, hope it's one that can keep you thinking for a little while at least.

Q: In Brazil's history of football which player has scored the most goals? Given that those who have retired will not be counted (i.e - Pele cannot be the answer because he has retired, the answer must be someone who still plays at club level).

Wagner Love

Roberto Carlos

Giovanni van Bronckhorst could be one. I'm sure he's played for Glasgow Rangers and Arsenal. I'm just unsure whether he was there when they both won the league. Worth a shout I guess...

Wagner Love

Roberto Carlos

Nope. Keep guessing - I'll give you a clue. Arguably his most famous match for all the wrong reasons was back in 2002 against Turkey.

Rivaldosmile.png .

One point to you my friend!

Rivaldo has scored 34 goals in 74 caps for Brazil which makes him overall the 5th highest goalscorer. Only Pele (77), Ronaldo (62), Romario (55), Zico (52) and Bebeto (39) have scored more goals than him and due to him still playing for Kabuscorp SC in Angola he is eligeble as an answer to my question. His record however may be broken should Ronaldinho be re-called to the Brazilian team and earn his 94th cap - he is only one goal behind him on 33.

Franny Jeffers possibly

Jeffers only played a handful of games for Glasgow Rangers so I really doubt that he would have got a winners medal and be credited as a champion. I'm sure he's won it with Arsenal though as he was in the same team as Gio, it's just how many games he got under his belt at the Gunners as to whether he is classed as being in their winning team.

Jeffers only played a handful of games for Glasgow Rangers so I really doubt that he would have got a winners medal and be credited as a champion. I'm sure he's won it with Arsenal though as he was in the same team as Gio, it's just how many games he got under his belt at the Gunners as to whether he is classed as being in their winning team.

He come on against us in the 'invincibles' season, Henry squared the ball to him and he missed the open goal. They won about 6-2 any way though dry.png

Wednesday 25th January 2012

Which is the only club that won the English Top Flight League Championship after being in the bottom half of the table at Christmas?

Just a guess really as I am not so sure, but was it during the old First division?

If it was, the obvious answer (maybe too obvious) would be the Reds. (Liverpool that is THFC6061)

If it is during the Premiership years the obvious answer would be Man Utd, but I don't think they have won from that far back.

If neither of them I don't have a clue really.

Just a guess really as I am not so sure, but was it during the old First division?

If it was, the obvious answer (maybe too obvious) would be the Reds. (Liverpool that is THFC6061)

If it is during the Premiership years the obvious answer would be Man Utd, but I don't think they have won from that far back.

If neither of them I don't have a clue really.

Yes, Liverpool FC were in 12th place at Christmas but went on to win the 1981-82 First Division Championship.

256.png

Thursday 26th January 2012

Which two players who have won the FIFA World Cup also managed Premier League clubs?