IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

I actually know this one. Should I answer it or leave it?

Oh to hell with it it. It was Norman Hunter from when he played for Leeds United.

Spot-on!

Norman Hunter of Leeds United

Saturday 24th December 2011

Which five countries have never scored a goal at any FIFA World Cup Finals Tournaments?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, American Samoa and Papua New Guinea.

(Maybe you should have worded it a bit differentlytongue.png )

Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia 1938), Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo 1974), Canada (1986), China (2002) and Trinidad & Tobago (2006).

Sunday 25th December 2011

What do the following five players have in common? Jairzinho, Chris Kamara, Gary McAllister, Robbie Elliott and Rob Edwards.

Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia 1938), Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo 1974), Canada (1986), China (2002) and Trinidad & Tobago (2006).

Sunday 25th December 2011

What do the following five players have in common? Jairzinho, Chris Kamara, Gary McAllister, Robbie Elliott and Rob Edwards.

Coventry?

Monday 26th December 2011

Which three players, under contract to Crystal Palace at the time, participated in FIFA World Cup Finals?

McCarthy, Zaha and.... Iverson :) complete guesses again!

Sunday's answer: All were born on Christmas Day, 25th December - Jairzinho (1944), Kamara (1957), McAllister (1964), Elliott (1973) & Edwards (1982).

Monday's answer: Clinton Morrison (Ireland, 2002), Gregg Berhalter (United States, 2002) & Tony Popovic (Australia, 2006).

Tuesday 27th December 2011

Who are the only three footballers to have all played for Chelsea, Fulham & Queens Park Rangers?

Roberto Baggio

Christian Vieri

Paolo Rossi

points please

Spot-on!

Roberto Baggio (2 goals in 1990, 5 goals in 1994 & 2 goals in 1998), Paolo Rossi (3 goals in 1978, 6 goals in 1982) & Christian Vieri (5 goals in 1998, 4 goals in 2002).

Highest Goalscorers FIFA World Cup Finals Tournaments 1930 to 2010

Thursday 29th December 2011

Which countries did Great Britain beat when they won their three Olympic Games men's football gold medals?

Man.Utd - 88 - just on SS1!!!

Damn!

Yes, Manchester United scored 88 goals in 2011. Manchester City scored 81 and Chelsea 73 during 2011.

Premier League Table 1st January to 31st December 2011

Yes, Swindon Town during season 1993-94.

Burmah Oil's global corporate headquaters were located in Swindon.

Monday 2nd January 2012

Which team were the last winners of the British Home Championships in 1983-84?

I thought it was Nothern Ireland too when I first saw the question

I don't know how seriously UK teams took this competition back in the day but N Ireland didn't have too bad a squad at the time, even Best was still active at the time of all things and playing for Bournemouth I think but had quit the international scene some years previous

Another one I know. It was Northern Ireland, I think about 1984?? Anyway they are still the holders as the competition is no longer played and I think they are the longest reigning champs of all time in the competition. I miss it to be honest.

Yes, Northern Ireland with their 3rd outright win and 8th win in total.

Tuesday 3rd January 2012

Who was the last manager to win successive Second Flight & Top Flight English League Championships?