IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

It's an exchange Bill.....he's going to put an illustrated link to us on the Everton section of his site...potentially increasing our numbers.

exactly my thinking plus means a more consistent flow of trivia than if I try and do it myself, especially with work the way as it is. You also got the idea of the spoilers Mike too, have a cookie :)

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday's answer: Mido (Celta de Vigo, 2002-03)

Wednesday 9th November 2011:

Which football competition was the first in the world to introduce yellow and red cards?

You can find the answer here...

Good luck!

I remember this. Bobby Moore was arrested for jewel robbery in an attempt to disrupt the England side who had won the last world cup. FIFA did nothing about it though I seem to recall. (Maybe they have always been a corrupt clique) Anyway I am fairly sure it was the 1970 World Cup. I will hold my hand up if I am wrong, but I am fairly certain on this one.

Not got a clue I am afraid. Only names I can remember for Watford in top flight are Tim Sherwood (goalie) and Luther 'Miss hit' Blissett.

It was neither of them.

It's surely Blissett when Watford were 'good' - Barnes out wide. We beat them in the cup final when Gray scored the diving header (2-0 wasn't it?). They were pony in the prem years and I can't remember them ever scoring many.

Can't see beyond Blisset.

Wasn't a diving header, more a physical assault on Steve Sherwoodtongue.png .

I was only a toddler at the time and the last time I saw it replayed was 95' cup final day so it's not really a memory as such for me but will be youtubing it later!!!

I was only a toddler at the time and the last time I saw it replayed was 95' cup final day so it's not really a memory as such for me but will be youtubing it later!!!

I was there....was amazed it was given....don't think anyone properly celebrated immediately because we were all waiting for the ref to disallow itbiggrin.png .

It's surely Blissett when Watford were 'good' - Barnes out wide. We beat them in the cup final when Gray scored the diving header (2-0 wasn't it?). They were pony in the prem years and I can't remember them ever scoring many.

Yes, Luther Blissett with 27 goals in season 1982-83.

Friday 11th November 2011:

Who was the last England player to score a winning goal against Spain in a full international match?

Good luck!

Q. Whats the point of asking a question and for the recipients to be able to look at the answer before they think about it?

A. None

Just my opinion.

That's always been the case though really....if anyone wants to do that then they're a pretty sad case and they'd google it anyway.

Friday's answer: Nicky Barmby's 38th minute goal in the 3-0 friendly win on 28th February 2001 at Villa Park. Emile Heskey and Ugo Ehiogu also scored.

Saturday 12th November 2011:

Which country did Ireland's Robbie Keane score his only international hat-trick against to date?

Good luck!

Wednesday's answer: The First Division in 1935-36 when Brentford finished in 5th place ahead of Arsenal in 6th place and Chelsea in 8th place.

Thursday 17th November 2011:

Which four players won full international caps for England while under contract with French clubs?