IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it happened right before the second world war. So at a guess I would say it was not to happen until they restarted the league after the war?

Or was relegation put on hold for the duration of the war and they didn't actually go down?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Well it happened right before the second world war. So at a guess I would say it was not to happen until they restarted the league after the war?

Or was relegation put on hold for the duration of the war and they didn't actually go down?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Similar, mine based on dates says they bounced straight back up but it happened years later due to the war.

Had no idea on this one so I looked it up (no-one close yet btw...nothing to do with the warwink.png ).

Without giving anything away what struck me is how amazingly close the table was that year....champions had fifty-two points and last had thirty-six! I know it was only two points for a win (would be 73 points to 50 now) but that's still a very small spread...wonder if it's ever been closer.

Had no idea on this one so I looked it up (no-one close yet btw...nothing to do with the warwink.png ).

Without giving anything away what struck me is how amazingly close the table was that year....champions had fifty-two points and last had thirty-six! I know it was only two points for a win but that's still a very small spread...wonder if it's ever been closer.

I wait in hope for 4 points for a win thinking moyesy may decide against ever using the 4-6-0 ever again.

Without giving anything away what struck me is how amazingly close the table was that year....champions had fifty-two points and last had thirty-six! I know it was only two points for a win (would be 73 points to 50 now) but that's still a very small spread...wonder if it's ever been closer.

Long shot based on how close it ended and 2 points for a win - could they have say 18 or 19 wins and it's a record amount of wins for a relegated side?

A : Manchester City were relegated after scoring more goals (80) than any of the other 21 teams in the First Division, and they were also reigning League Champions.

Today's trivia.

Q: Which four players have scored in two different FIFA World Cup Final matches?

A : Manchester City were relegated after scoring more goals (80) than any of the other 21 teams in the First Division, and they were also reigning League Champions.

Today's trivia.

Q: Which four players have scored in two different FIFA World Cup Final matches?

Zidane (the only 1 I know for certain), Pele, Rummige (German goal machine), Brehme?

Vava (Brazil 1958, 1962),

Pelé (Brazil 1958, 1970),

Paul Breitner (West Germany 1974, 1982)

Zinedine Zidane (France 1998, 2006).

Todays trivia.

Who was the last player to score 40 or more League goals in a season of Top Tier English Football?

Roy Bentley (of Chelsea) scored all three goals in England's 3-2 win over Wales at Wembley in November 1954.

Today's trivia .....

Q: Who is the only player to score five goals in a FIFA World Cup Finals tournament match?

Think its either Ronaldo (the Brazilian one) or that German dude whose name i cant remember.....