Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a daily trivia thread not a Quiz.

http://www.toffeetal...ootball-trivia/

"Here's one for you all...

Who's the Everton player who didn't play in the 1966 World Cup as his Mrs didn't let him"?

I presume you must be referring to Brian Labone who chose not to put off his imminent Marriage, and instead withdrew from the Squad

Knowing what sort of man he was I'm sure it would have been his choice not his Mrs, or Miss as she would have been at the time.

Edited by Bill

Its a daily trivia thread not a Quiz.

http://www.toffeetal...ootball-trivia/

"Here's one for you all...

Who's the Everton player who didn't play in the 1966 World Cup as his Mrs didn't let him"?

Knowing what sort of man he was I'm sure it would have been his choice not his Mrs, or Miss as she would have been at the time.

One question on it's own is not much of a quiz!!! I'd say it's more a daily trivia type question... well done anyway - you got it eventually! wink.png

and I thought you said no spoilers!!!shaking fist.png

Ah but many apparently "strong" men are reduced to servitude at the bidding of their five foot, six stone other halves.

I'm toldunsure.png .

I'll give you 2 for today since ive missed out after this busy weekend:

Q: Which four current Premier League clubs were founded after the reign of Queen Victoria?

A: Norwich City (1902), Chelsea (1905), Swansea City (as Swansea Town 1912) and Wigan Athletic (1932)

Which three players under contract to Stoke City played in FIFA World Cup Finals tournaments?

Gordon Banks (England 1970), Sammy McIlroy (Northern Ireland 1982) and Thomas Sørensen (Denmark 2010)

Edited by Matt

Lose the spoilers!!! It means you only get 1 guess and there's no point guessing as you have to look at the answer to see if you're right, then you've got the correct answer like it or not!!!

only reason I was doing the spoilers was so you had the answers there in case I travel and I cant get them for you

Fairly easy one to answer that, even I know it was Mido. (I suppose any question you know the answer to is easy, and if you don't it can be considered hard.)

I still refuse to use google or the spoilers by the way. Just my own preference, as I like o see what I do know, (not very much obviously. But I did know Mido, even me dad knew that one and he is a very old man )

No need for spoilers, everybody can go to the site to find out the answer.

Same way they could before (if they so desired) by googlingsmile.png .

Personally if I know the answer I'll say so and if I don't (and I'm bothered) I'll look it up/hit the spoiler button.

I never used spoilers, i gave the answer the next day along with a new Question but hey i suppose its not my baby anymore, just dont understand how you can allow this fella to put his link on here, and in fact give him his own thread, it beggars belief, the sites going downhill.

...just dont understand how you can allow this fella to put his link on here, and in fact give him his own thread, it beggars belief, the sites going downhill.

It's an exchange Bill.....he's going to put an illustrated link to us on the Everton section of his site...potentially increasing our numbers.