IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel suddenly very old. You did that deliberately didn't you Mike?tongue.png

Did they play against New Brighton that season? I know sometime in the fifties they did, and I think they won by a crazy scoreline. (Not sure what it was, something like 10 - 0 I think.) I know a team also won the title on the last day of the season when they had never been top of the table too. But I dunno if that was Burnley. And that is about all I can guess at. Am I close?

I know a team also won the title on the last day of the season when they had never been top of the table too. But I dunno if that was Burnley. And that is about all I can guess at. Am I close?

That looks right to me Rubes flicking through the season on this....

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1959-1960/table/1960-04-30

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, lets get this up and running again shall we? I'll try and keep it as regular as I can

Which five Colombian players have appeared in the Premier League?

Juan Pablo Ángel (Aston Villa, 2000–07), Faustino Asprilla (Newcastle United, 1995–98), Hamilton Ricard (Middlesbrough, 1998–02)

Hugo Rodallega (Wigan Athletic 2008–12) and Jhon Viáfara (Portsmouth, 2005–06)

Edited by Matt

Was Angel a Colombian? Don't remember his christian name.

Juan Pablo - he used to go to my local gym - the women loved him but his mrs isn't too shabby!!!

His son is meant to be amazing at footie already - not sure how old but my villa 'fan' mates rave about him.

If someone told me how to use spoilers I could have got a few too rofl.gif

No, don't! It is more fun to try and get them.

click the BBCode button by the shoutbox, that gives you a list of all of the possibilities :) Ive requested a button function but not sure if its possible....

Here's one for you all...

Who's the Everton player who didn't play in the 1966 World Cup as his Mrs didn't let him?

It was Gordon West, and you got that one wrong, cos it was Mexico 1970 not 1966.

Are you sure you dont need spoilers.? biggrin.png

Edited by Bill