IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday's answer: Rob Lee (Sept 1994 & Nov 1995), David Ginola (Aug 1995), Alan Shearer (Sept 1998, Dec 2002 & Oct 2003) and Demba Ba (Dec 2011).

Premier League Player of the Month Awards August 1994 to April 2012

Wednesday 11th January 2012

Who were the last four clubs who won the FA Cup but failed to reach the Fourth Round the next season?

Manchester City in 2012, Liverpool in 2007, Manchester United in 2000 and Chelsea in 1998.

Thursday 12th January 2012

Which four players, affiliated with Celtic at the time, participated in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals?

Good grief that's a bugga to answer.

2010? Not too long ago, so who the hell was playing for Celtic two years ago? Gaaaaaaah I dunno.

Wild stab at Samaras but I think he had gone by then. I really do not have a scoobies.

Good grief that's a bugga to answer.

2010? Not too long ago, so who the hell was playing for Celtic two years ago? Gaaaaaaah I dunno.

Wild stab at Samaras but I think he had gone by then. I really do not have a scoobies.

Ki Sung-Yong (South Korea), Georgios Samaras (Greece), Edson Braafheid (Netherlands) and Landry N'Guémo (Cameroon).

FIFA World Cup Finals 2010 Player Details with Club & National League Affiliation

Friday 13th January 2012

Which two African countries were Olympic Games men's football gold medal winners?

I have a good friend in Huddersfield who says they wone the league a long time ago. Not sure about this, but I do know they have not played in the prem.

Other than that, I don't know, sorry.

Preston North End (1888-89 & 1889-90) and Huddersfield Town (1923-24, 1924-25 & 1925-26).

Tuesday 17th January 2012

Which two winners of the old Scottish League Championship have never played in the Scottish Premier League?

Peter Osgood, Frank Lampard (defo's), Bobby Tambling, Kerry Dixon (educated guesses). Zola and Drogba (wild guesses). As Chelsea where crap before the 90's, apart from Tambling, who's name I remember from the dulcet tones of Bobby Moore in the 70's I don't know any older Chelsea strikers, apart from Osgood who we have all heard of.

Peter Osgood, Frank Lampard (defo's), Bobby Tambling, Kerry Dixon (educated guesses). Zola and Drogba (wild guesses). As Chelsea where crap before the 90's, apart from Tambling, who's name I remember from the dulcet tones of Bobby Moore in the 70's I don't know any older Chelsea strikers, apart from Osgood who we have all heard of.

Bobby Tambling 202 goals (1959-70), Kerry Dixon 193 (1983-92), Frank Lampard 181 (2001-present), Roy Bentley 150 (1948-56), Peter Osgood 150 (1964-74 & 1978-79) and Didier Drogba 150 (2004-present).

Chelsea FC Player of the Year 1967 - 2011

Dumbarton (1890-91 shared with Rangers FC & 1891-92) and Third Lanark (1903-04)

Thursday 19th January 2012

Which English club has the most players at the 2012 African Cup of Nations Finals?

Or Newcastle, with their new signing? Ba, Tiote and Cisse

Yes, Newcastle United with three: Papiss Cissé (Senegal), Demba Ba (Senegal) and Cheick Tioté (Côte d'Ivoire).

Friday 20th January 2012

Which six players won Championship medals in both the old First Division and the Premier League?

Friday 20th January 2012

Which six players won Championship medals in both the old First Division and the Premier League?

Batty, Cantona, Lukic, Seaman, Adams, Winterburn.

Tony Adams, Steve Bould, Lee Dixon, David Seaman and Nigel Winterburn (all Arsenal) & Eric Cantona (Leeds United & Manchester United).

David Batty won a medal with Leeds United but as he only played 5 matches for Blackburn, he refused to accept a medal.

Premier League Medal Winners 1992-93 to 2010-11

Saturday 21st January 2012

Which club has played in the Top Flight of English football the most seasons without ever winning the Championship?

Aha I think I know this one.

It is Bolton Wanderers isn't it?

Yes, Bolton Wanderers are currently playing their 73rd season in the Top Flight and have never won the League Title.

Sunday 22nd January 2012

Who is the only Scottish footballer to have scored two Premier League hat-tricks in England?