IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it has to be Thierry Henry, he has scored plenty of goals in all competitions so he's bound to have seen a hat-trick in each of the ones in quetion. I'm sure I can remember him netting a hat-trick against the Shite way back when they had that un-beaten season so I'll guess for him.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 4:

Who was the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick? And for which team did he score it for.

Answer: Eric Cantona for Leeds United against Spurs on the 25 of August 1992.

Edited by Zoo

zoo's question i know again it was a crooky one he asked us so won't say it and let other people have a go...

as for the hat trick in all comps one its gotta be a big hitter mentioned or an obscure one for the shite, chelsea, man u or arsenal ain't it...i'll go with ronaldo..score hat tricks a few times

zoo's question i know again it was a crooky one he asked us so won't say it and let other people have a go...

as for the hat trick in all comps one its gotta be a big hitter mentioned or an obscure one for the shite, chelsea, man u or arsenal ain't it...i'll go with ronaldo..score hat tricks a few times

guts was telling me Drogba but I think you might be on to a winner there

Surely it has to be Thierry Henry, he has scored plenty of goals in all competitions so he's bound to have seen a hat-trick in each of the ones in quetion. I'm sure I can remember him netting a hat-trick against the Shite way back when they had that un-beaten season so I'll guess for him.

Who was the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick? And for which team did he score it for.

Matt LeTissier

Cantona - I think you've given it away here... And for which team did he score it for? Leeds. Wouldn't have thought Cantona had you just asked the initial part of the qu but it seems obvious the player in question scored it for a team he's less famous for playing for!

Bugger, maybe you're right C! I'll word my questions better next time. I just thought that it might have been a little hint seeing as it's such a vast topic.

You've guessed correctly anyway, Cantona scored a hat-trick for Leeds United on the 25th of August 1992 against Tottenham when they won 5-0 at home. It was the first hat-trick seeing as the Premier League started that year. The second one came in November on the 9th when Mark Robins became the first English player to score a hat-trick in the Premier League when Norwich beat Oldham Athletic 3-2.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

Who is the only goalkeeper to have scored a hat-trick at proffessional level?

Answer: Chilavert scoring three free-kicks in a single match for his club.

Edited by Zoo

John Barnes played for Watford when we beat them and for Liverpool when Wimbledon beat them. Did he get to a final with Newcastle?

I am not too sure but if he did I will go for him.

Yes, John Barnes with Watford (1984), Liverpool (1988) and Newcastle United (1998). Barnes did also win with Liverpool in 1989.

FA Cup Finals 1871-72 to 2010-11

Wednesday 1st February 2012:

Who was the first player to score a hat-trick of penalties in an English Top Flight League match?

Has this actually been done?

Aston Villa's Billy Walker in a 7-1 First Division win against Bradford City, 12th November 1921.

Thursday 2nd February 2012:

Which four Scottish players have won English Premier League medals?

Friday 3rd February 2012:

Which two players have scored over 100 Premier League goals without ever scoring a penalty?

We've done Friday's qu on here!

Thurs: Fletcher, Hendry, Gallagher, McClair.

Brian McClair and Darren Fletcher (both 4 with Man United), Darren Ferguson (1 with Man United) and Colin Hendry (1 with Blackburn Rovers).

Les Ferdinand (149 goals) and Emile Heskey (111 goals to date).

Saturday 4th February 2012:

Which two managers have lost all three major European club competition Finals they've participated in?

Wenger has to be one he's lost champs league to barca and euro to gala and not sure if it was too early for him but the famous cup winners cup final when nayim lobbed seaman? There's all 3 with ??? over 3rd!

Not a clue the other maybe van gaal, ancellotti or pellegrinni someone like that - all been around a bit!!!

sure that was before wenger that game...remember it as a little kid and don't remember wenger there then...maybe he lost one at monaco? every chance...not a scooby on the other

It was before his time coming to think of it as they were still shite 95-96 season when they nicked the last euro spot from us on the final day (1-0 vs Villa, Parkinson!) - sure it was pretty instant success when they got Arse.