IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

It's the wrong answer but I woulden't argue with you on the Premiership record. The Baggies must be the Ultimate Yo-yo team by now and in a few years I can see them being relegated again! Keep guessing though, something tells me that you're getting close..

You're giving out subliminal messages again!!!

I'll 2nd Wolves.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're giving out subliminal messages again!!!

Call me Derren Brown!

But no, Wolves were a bit of a bogey yo-yo team ages ago but they never had it going for long enough to reach a large amount of promotions and relegations so Wolverhampton Wanderers is a wrong guess as is Middlesboro.

Birmingham City, final answer.

Birmingham City

Correct!

I'm guessing that Jona takes the points by a matter of seconds. Our friends for Birmingham have managed to be relegated and promoted a total of 27 times which is an English record. Their most recent relegation was from the Barclays Premiership as recent as 2010-11 when they finished with only 39 points levelling with Premier League first-timers Blackpool and coming only one point behind Wolves and two points behind Wigan Athletic. Birmingham are currently 3rd in the Championship this season meaning that their record may well become stronger in the coming months - watch this space...

Thanks for taking part peeps, question of the day will return tomorrow!

I would have said Gordan Strachan right away because I'm almost certain that he has won it. Eric Cantona I have no idea about and the other two I've never heard of unfortunatly (probably before my time).

Bobby Collins (1965), Jackie Charlton (1967), Billy Bremner (1970) and Gordon Strachan (1991).

Wednesday 8th February 2012:

Who is the only player to win Full England caps with five different Premier League clubs?

David James?

David James has surely picked up caps whilst playing for numerous clubs. I'm guessing that he has earned a call up whilst being at Liverpool, Manchester City, Portsmouth and Aston Villa. I'm sure that he was dropped for Robert Green and I'm guessing this is why he might not have earned full caps with five differant clubs (i.e. - Whilst he was at West Ham Joe Hart/Rob Green/Paul Robinson was at No.1) and I'm almost positive that whilst he has been in goal for Bristol City he has never starred in the England set-up.

What about Scotty Parker, he's had a few clubs in his time and has been in and out of the England squad quite a bit

Scott is who I would have gone for, he has played for Charlton Athletic, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham and Spurs and I'm almost 100% certain that he has earned caps whilst being at all of those clubs.

I'm guessing Scott Parker.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 6:

Which non-European has scored the most goals in the English top flight?

Answer: Dwight Yorke from Trinidad & Tobago (123 goals)

Edited by Zoo

What about Scotty Parker, he's had a few clubs in his time and has been in and out of the England squad quite a bit

Scott Parker (Charlton Athletic, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United & Tottenham Hotspur) and Emile Heskey (Leicester City, Liverpool, Birmingham City, Wigan Athletic & Aston Villa).

Thursday 9th February 2012:

Which three Spainish footballers have won Premier League Winners Medals?

marcopaulo was the first person to get this one right so he earns some valuable points. The answer to my question was indeed Dwight Yorke who managed to score 123 goals for Aston Villa, Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sunderland and as he comes from a lovely part of the world called Trinidad & Tobago (Africa) it means that he qualifies for my question.

marcopaulo was also right in saying that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink did not qualify for the question as he is from the Netherlands (Europe) even though he scored 129 goals in his time here meaning that he would have beaten Yorke had he come from somewhere hotter.

Didier Drogba does qualify for the question as he is from the Ivory Coast but has only scored 98 times for Chelsea in 217 appearances.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 7:

Who is the only player to win the Champions League, UEFA Cup, Premier League and FA Cup with four differant teams?