IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably 1920 in Antwerp. Home advantage counting.

Yes, Belgium were the 1920 Olympic Games Gold Medal Winners in Antwerp. They finished ahead of Spain, the Netherlands & Italy.

Sunday 4th March 2012:

When was the last time an England starting XI featured players from 11 different clubs?

Them three for me too, that Pogrenybk has scored five goals with five shouts on target I believe and I know that he managed to get a hat-trick yesterday in Fulham's 5-0 demoliton of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Andrei Arshavin I know has got a hat-trick seeing as he scored 4 against Liverpool back when he used to be good for Arsenal and I don't know for certain but I'm sure that Kanchelskis will have bagged one during his time either at Manchester United or Everton.

Kanchelskis

Arshavin

Progabevakrivgdiygdhjhdf (whatever the new Fulham striker is called?!)

Yes, Andrei Kanchelskis (for Manchester United v Manchester City, 10th November 1994 & for Everton v Sheffield Wednesday, 27th April 1996),

Andrei Arshavin (for Arsenal v Liverpool, 21st April 2009) & Pavel Pogrebnyak (for Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers, 4th March 2012).

Tuesday 6th March 2012:

Which player was the first to win the European Cup / Champions League with three different clubs?

Yes, Andrei Kanchelskis (for Manchester United v Manchester City, 10th November 1994 & for Everton v Sheffield Wednesday, 27th April 1996),

Andrei Arshavin (for Arsenal v Liverpool, 21st April 2009) & Pavel Pogrebnyak (for Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers, 4th March 2012).

Tuesday 6th March 2012:

Which player was the first to win the European Cup / Champions League with three different clubs?

Sure it's seedorf... Ajax, RealMadrid, AC Milan.

Sure it's seedorf... Ajax, RealMadrid, AC Milan.

Yes, Clarence Seedorf of the Netherlands with Ajax in 1995, Real Madrid in 1998 and AC Milan in 2003.

Wednesday 7th March 2012:

Who was the only English Top Flight highest goalscorer to achieve the feat with three different clubs?

Lineker - Leicester, Spurs, Everton

Yes, Gary Lineker with Leicester City (24 goals, 1984-85), Everton (30 goals 1985-86) and Tottenham Hotspur (24 goals 1989-90).

Thursday 8th March 2012:

Who are the only team to have been relegated from the Premier League four times?

Not a clue where to even start with this one because there could be so many unknown teams that have been trying for a good 40-50 years without us even knowing about them because they are so bad. I'll take a stab at some of the reletavly good teams that have done pretty poorly when they have been to the World Cup.

I know that Canada, China, Trinidad and Congo have been to the World Cup and never scored (pretty embarrasing) so I'll take a stab at one of them;

Canada.

(Great question btw).

Defo Messi, and I seem to remember Inzaghi score a couple so he might have had 3?.

Yes, Filippo Inzaghi (Dynamo Kiev 1-4 Juventus, SV Hamburg 4-4 Juventus, Deportivo La Coruna 0-4 AC Milan) and Lionel Messi (Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal, Viktoria Plzeň 0-4 Barcelona & Barcelona 7-1 Bayer Leverkusen).

Monday 12th March 2012:

Which four Scottish players were European Cup or Champions League Top Goalscorers for the season?