IGNORED

Controversial leaked emails

c1982

I think this is music to the ears of potential buyers. They would go through the org structure of our club and get rid of anyone who is are have proven their incompetency. The club will no doubt be looking for a scapegoat in all of this, they will be left reeling after the token victory of Fellaini signing has had it's flames dampened.

The club is in need of wholesale change.

I'm not sure you get what I meant with my post.

My point was that when the BU or it's supporters have accused the club of underhand tactics to disrupt their plans (i.e. releasing luvvy duvvy articles when protests are planned) they're said to be being paranoid. But people can throw those accusations at the BU til the cows come home and it's not paranoia at all.

It works both ways.

And just because no one thought we were a shambles off the pitch a year ago doesn't mean we weren't, it's just that now maybe the "the truth" has come out. And if the shambles that's been shown is the truth then I'm glad the BU has brought it to light. Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to the club I love.

I agree with this.

Im going to reserve my judgement on the emails for now until there is more evidence about whether they are real or not. Having said that, the fact that the club have supposedly announced they are making investigations doesnt sound good.

I agree Bailey, if it wasnt true they would just come out and say they are not real and we will be pursuing legal action against those who have done this.

The investigation speaks volumes to me.

I also agree with Mark. Just because the media/press were not talking about the shambles of the club, does not mean it wasn't happening. We have seen enough over the last ten years, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who has wondered how its been kept so quiet over the last decade.

I think Ross should be in trouble with the people above him, I cant see them giving him the bullet to be honest.

EDIT: as i post this Ross is suspended.

Edited by StevO

I completely disagree that this puts investors off. If anything it works the opposite way.

It gives rise to opportunism and stronger bargaining (from the buyer). If there's internal turmoil, they can exploit it and drive down the price.

However, internal turmoil can also mean that nobody's making good decisions and they'll let good opportunities slip out of spite or just incompetence.

I think the situation suggested in the emails is typical of most clubs.

There are rumours that Man City were living hand to mouth.

There are rumours that Newcastle were paying contractors to do work at up to 4 times the standard rate (being fleeced basically)

It's 'normal' in as much as football clubs have (and still are) generally being run incompetently. Ironically, but businessmen who OUGHT to know better. Sadly, when it comes to football, they get as caught up in it all the fans. Taking a 'gamble' with future earnings, banking on staying up, relying in a cup run etc etc.

I can't imagine Everton are any worse than most. But I do believe it's probably as much a shambles as elsewhere too.

I even know (inside info) of one club where a guy had simply put himself on the company car list and had had a new company YEARLY for the last 12 (from memory) years without it ever being checked.

Only when KPMG came in to do an audit was this picked up on - amongst a number of other anomalies!

Amateur businesses with professional money. It sounds harsh, but that's the reality of most clubs.

Was it someone who worked for the club, or a member of the public?

Oh it was an employee of a club. NOT Everton.

We was sacked in the end, and rightly so, but symptomatic of how shoddily run many clubs can be when someone can just slip himself on the list and it not be question for YEARS!

God knows what the Inland Revenue do in such circumstances - backdate him for a company car? Not sure, effectively it was a stolen vehicle so can they chase him for the tax? - interesting... but I digress!

Edited by BlueSky