Bolton (Away)

StevO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David Wheater's early dismissal put Bolton on the back foot, but Paul Robinson insists their numerical disadvantage should have lasted no more than 20 minutes after accusing Seamus Coleman of elbowing him in the head.

There could be few real arguments from Bolton about Wheater's 19th-minute red card for an airborne, studs-first lunge on Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, after he lost control of the ball near the halfway line.

They appeared to have grounds for complaint just before half-time, though, as Robinson went down clutching his head after an aerial challenge by Coleman.

With referee Mike Oliver missing the incident, the Everton youngster could yet face retrospective action from the FA, though that would be scant consolation to Robinson.

Asked if the FA should look at it, the Bolton left-back said: 'It's too late now. We've lost the game, and that's no good to us. Maybe 10 v 10 would have made it a different game, and that's what should have happened.

'Referees aren't helping us at the moment. If he can give a red card to Wheats for that challenge, then why can't he send off their player for elbowing me in the head. I don't know what they are seeing at the moment, but it is making our job a lot tougher.

‘Apparently, the ref saw it at half-time and admitted he had made the wrong decision and should have sent him off. I could have been knocked out by it, but luckily I wasn't. I had double vision, but you get up and get on with it.

‘Wheats is devastated, because he'll miss four games now. He was looking at the ball, not the man, but the man got there first. What do you do?'

From the Daily Mail - did Coleman clash with his head, not his elbow? Did he also not put his hands up and go back to Robinson straight away?

Robinson the saint eh.

On a side note, anyone notice Lucas and Adam up to their usual "Let's get someone sent off" antics yesterday. Suarez did his i've been kicked but i'm going to wave my arm in the air as if to say "get the medics on now - it's a bad one" - you know the sort that Alan Smith did when his ankle was dislocated and broken?

Getting sick and tired of that team and their manager

Robinson the saint eh.

On a side note, anyone notice Lucas and Adam up to their usual "Let's get someone sent off" antics yesterday. Suarez did his i've been kicked but i'm going to wave my arm in the air as if to say "get the medics on now - it's a bad one" - you know the sort that Alan Smith did when his ankle was dislocated and broken?

Getting sick and tired of that team and their manager

Yeah I noticed that, as soon as Ballotelli made the challenge the usual red suspects were straight in the Refs face waving their imaginery red cards

From the Daily Mail - did Coleman clash with his head, not his elbow? Did he also not put his hands up and go back to Robinson straight away?

When I seen the replay on the TV it didn't look like Coleman's head was anywhere Robinson's tbf, it looked (to me at least) that it was his elbow that caught Robinson, and Coleman realised he could have been in trouble so faked the head injury just incase. I only seen it once though.

Edit - I don't think Coleman deliberately caught Robinson with his elbow though.

Edited by Romey 1878

Adam, Lucas and Agger - Kuyt probably had his say too. Atkinson only needs half an excuse to get the card out, disgrace.

have to agree haf, they are turning into a team, that certainly does not epitimise the famous "Liverpool Way" some of their previous greats must be turning in their graves looking down at it, and what surprises me the most is that i never took Dogleish for being a roll around the floor type

When I seen the replay on the TV it didn't look like Coleman's head was anywhere Robinson's tbf, it looked (to me at least) that it was his elbow that caught Robinson, and Coleman realised he could have been in trouble so faked the head injury just incase. I only seen it once though.

Edit - I don't think Coleman deliberately caught Robinson with his elbow though.

slightly concerning as its not the first time Coleman has used his elbows, ive noticed him before but then he is small and is not particularly stocky so i suppose he needs to gain an advantage somehow, just needs to be a bit more clever with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a while away but Spurs first two Saturday games in April are both away to aforementioned teams and would love to go. I am based in Dundee, Scotland and managed to get tickets for me and my young lad to the DW last season. Can anyone let me know how Spurs allocation normally sells for these two fixtures . Cheers. COYS.

I know it's a while away but Spurs first two Saturday games in April are both away to aforementioned teams and would love to go. I am based in Dundee, Scotland and managed to get tickets for me and my young lad to the DW last season. Can anyone let me know how Spurs allocation normally sells for these two fixtures . Cheers. COYS.

???????????????????????????????????????????

Laughing here. laugh.png

Up the Lilly Whites. laugh.png