Bolton (Away)

StevO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hes probably concussed from that clash of heads in the 1st half. Another great run from Johnny from the back, so much more affective than the hoofing. Hope this isnt a bad injury for him though!

Saha shouldve buried that....

Coleman already ran past him a couple of times in the first fifteen minutes of the game, so I think Robinson's just shit :D

Coleman already ran past him a couple of times in the first fifteen minutes of the game, so I think Robinson's just shit biggrin.png

Yeah, but Robinson adapted. Not taking anything away from Coleman, having a very good game.

Sadly not.

Why not mate, under the thumb? :P

In their pen area?

Think Davies mustve thought he was keeper, 6 yard line to take it of Jags head.

I thought we played really well today. Whether that was because we played most of the game against 10 men is irrelevant, there was a lot of positive things in our play that has been sorely missed this season, and I hope it's a sign of things to come rather than an exception to the rule.

We're still incredibly frustrating infront of goal though, and I thought it was going to be one of those games where we have chance after chance and fail to convert any of them. Fortunately though, Felli and Vellios showed Saha, who was shite, how it's done. We've got to give Vellios more time on the pitch, if we do he'll comfortably be our leading goalscorer this season, IMO.

Baines and Coleman both showed the sort of form that had us all foaming at the mouth last season, Osman ran the show after a slow start to the game I thought. Bily had one his better games for us, got an assist and didn't look to hide like he usually does, so hopefully that gives him a bit of confidence. But I suspect he'll be straight out of the side for Drenthe. Jags and Heitinga looked solid together, and the clean sheet was proof in the pudding. Cahill at least worked hard and got an assist to his name, but I don't think he was all that effective.

Saha and Hibbert were the only let downs for me. Other than those two, it was a good all round team performance.

I thought we played really well today. Whether that was because we played most of the game against 10 men is irrelevant, there was a lot of positive things in our play that has been sorely missed this season, and I hope it's a sign of things to come rather than an exception to the rule.

We're still incredibly frustrating infront of goal though, and I thought it was going to be one of those games where we have chance after chance and fail to convert any of them. Fortunately though, Felli and Vellios showed Saha, who was shite, how it's done. We've got to give Vellios more time on the pitch, if we do he'll comfortably be our leading goalscorer this season, IMO.

Baines and Coleman both showed the sort of form that had us all foaming at the mouth last season, Osman ran the show after a slow start to the game I thought. Bily had one his better games for us, got an assist and didn't look to hide like he usually does, so hopefully that gives him a bit of confidence. But I suspect he'll be straight out of the side for Drenthe. Jags and Heitinga looked solid together, and the clean sheet was proof in the pudding. Cahill at least worked hard and got an assist to his name, but I don't think he was all that effective.

Saha and Hibbert were the only let downs for me. Other than those two, it was a good all round team performance.

This... Cahill did get an assist today but we have plenty of talented players who would shine in that position that are being wasted elsewhere.

Saha is so frustrating when he doesnt get in the box. Several times the ball came across from a quick build up and he was still 20 yards out. Vellios hasnt pulled up any trees, but he has showed that he is a natural centre forward, who gets the ball down and brings others into the game, but more importantly for us, he stays forward and gets in the box at every opportunity. With quick, technical players behind him breaking forward we could be very dangerous on the attack.

I'll also add that this was the best defensive display we have had for a while and it comes as no surprise that along with the Wolves game, we are pressing much further up the pitch and the back line are playing slightly higher. The sending off today came from good pressing from Bily and we turned the ball over several times.

When we do manage to win the ball back higher up the pitch it also gives us more space to attack, and our first goal was typical of that. Bily running onto a ball, putting it in the box for Fellaini to run on to. We don't score too many like that and it was nice to see.