IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

• 4 months later...

wouldn't surprise me...and he'll probably be allowed to just play his game

What game? he has'nt got one, all he does is run at people and more often than not he just loses the ball or he just runs into a defender losing position. They can have Drenthe, he is misguided, wayward and cleary football is not the no1 thing on his mind. No loss imo.

not goin over this again...if you think he hasn't made an impact in the little time he has played you're an idiot...no offence but that's how it is..he's an attacker and wants to do that...what is up with that?

did i say he had'nt had an impact? No,so don't be a TT bum boy and start making things up, because you tend to talk a lot of sense most of the time, It's difficult to argue the impact he has had, look at the assists and and goals, but he's not this world beater people think he is, and to top it off, he is a 1st class twat to go with it. And don't forget that if he had done so well this season, based on the fact he has no proper contract, A LOT more than just the shite would chasing him to sign up. As i said the other day, we gave him the chance to rebuild his career, and he threw it back and fucked it up. If you still want us to sign someone like that, then fuck knows i give up tbh.

not goin over this again...if you think he hasn't made an impact in the little time he has played you're an idiot...no offence but that's how it is..he's an attacker and wants to do that...what is up with that?

well said moyes is the fool for not realising how much of an effect he's had changed games on his own etc., we will never have a messi/ronaldo/ben arfa skill type player because he would drill it out of them anyway imo and turn them into a defensive forward. fernandes was a top player when we had him but you could tell moyes just didnt want him and if i have to remind anyone to watch the highlights because its as good as a performance from an individual I can remember at goodison against arsenal. fair enough he's probably not become a major player since he left but we really looked confident back then on the ball now everyone shits it when they get the ball. bit of a random point but we could have definatly moved on at that point if we had spent a few million we could have had a team similar to spurs with a lot of quality in midfield could have ended up with a pienaar fellaini fernandes arteta midfield that would challenge most midfields and wouldnt have cost us kenny prices, the same old no money thing comes up. fellaini has come out lately and said we need to buy and he's right but can you see it? I cant. we will lose pienaar and drenthe next season, and to be honest thats like barca gettting rid of messi and iniesta we all no that would seriously damage a team and I dont think people realise that were in shit street next season unless some major changes happen, 2 of our better players gone, players like cahill, osman, neville are going to be starting everygame with the squad were going to have if thats the case. hope im wrong like.

moyes tried to change his game and i don't agree with the way he took his frustration out by bein a tit but if we was just allowed to do his natural thing and play his game without moyes' insistence on him defending all the time maybe he could have been a happy player here and not feel the need to be an idiot? just a thought..i utterly trust moyes but i feel he puts too much pressure on the defensive side of the game

i agree with most of what your saying,i think we are all still shell shocked with yet another inept performance against liverpool and people are looking to blame and moyes is taking most of it.

i still think moyes is our best option he just needs to have some luck and be more attack minded.

but i think this year he might leave unless he gets money to spend.

Nothing to do with luck, the last 2 games against Liverpool were a disgrace. If he was more attack minded we'd be challenging for Europe, but we knew this at the start of the season. The league was there to be attacked and Moyes was too busy trying to set a record for most defenders in an 11 to notice.

moyes tried to change his game and i don't agree with the way he took his frustration out by bein a tit but if we was just allowed to do his natural thing and play his game without moyes' insistence on him defending all the time maybe he could have been a happy player here and not feel the need to be an idiot? just a thought..i utterly trust moyes but i feel he puts too much pressure on the defensive side of the game

Do you think then Marco that the first and last instruction given to Moyes by Uncle Bill is '' for fucks sake don't get us relegated?'' Hence why Moyes is ''Defend first'' policy?

so do you have an answer to the problem.

Play our players to their strengths, and attack more. If somethings not working change it eg. Cahill Saha and Jags Distin

The sad thing is, it really is this simple to improve on what has been the most predictable lack lust Everton side I've ever seen. 1st half of the season we couldn't see where a goal was coming from, with expectations of our forward play on a LB and set pieces taken by Baines as well. Theres no defence for Moyes' predictable crab fodder we endured. Even now when the players start playing more flowing football you can see their weighed down by Moyes not to be as creative. We don't see enough through balls at Everton as they're the easiest way of giving the ball away, but they have a massive pay-off that Moyes just isnt willing to risk for.

i actually think we lost the semi final at anfield when we played a weakend team we should have gone to anfield with a full team, i do blame moyes for that,but do you not think liverpool had luck with the intended backpass by distin.

Think the goal was always coming, I don't blame Distin had no help off the ref(early yellow for a nothing foul on Suarez who done much worst without punishment) and Moyes should have changed things up we were never gone just hold onto a one nil by sitting back. The Coleman sub was a terrible decision as well, mind boggling, Coleman gives the ball away more than anyone else Anichebe or McFadden would have been better options and before their 1st goal.

well jags has hardly played,saha has gone,distin i think can leave in the summer i think on a free,cahill his time is nearly up,i do think we need a revamp it might mean a couple of players being sold,which i think will happen.

Only players I can see us selling are players I'd want to stay like Fellaini, Baines and Heitinga :(, only player worth selling is Jags as it would give Duffy a chance or even let Yobo back into the frame. I'd like to keep everyone else but change their roles, Cahill just isnt a 90 minute footballer anymore. The youth to be given more of a chance and buy a winger with any cash we have.

so do you have an answer to the problem.

he had a point we have had 6 defenders on the pitch in many home games this year its a joke thats not the players fault

Only players I can see us selling are players I'd want to stay like Fellaini, Baines and Heitinga sad.png, only player worth selling is Jags as it would give Duffy a chance or even let Yobo back into the frame. I'd like to keep everyone else but change their roles, Cahill just isnt a 90 minute footballer anymore. The youth to be given more of a chance and buy a winger with any cash we have.

another poor thought rather play duffy

Edited by Blue4Ever

Letting Joseph Yobo back into the club would be a shocking decision. End of story.

As for Drenthe I think that hes a really good player but if he's going to be an absolute tit and make the club look like a joke then he can go. I won't have sleepless nights crying about him leaving and I'm sure we can bring someone in who is just as good.

One of the main problems is that Moyes doesnt know how to influence the game once his original plan isnt working. Once we score, we invariably will sit back. Thats ok IF you have the players who are capable of keeping the ball on the floor, counter attacking at speed and a striker that can hold up the ball. We do none of that when we sit back. We aimlessly hoof forward, teh striker invariably loses the ball (if he gets near it) and the midfield are too slow to try and close the gap (probably because they know it will be coming straight back at them!).

Moyes' only response this season has been to move Fellaini forward because he is bigger and moves Cahill back. He ignores the fact he is our best deeper midfielder and that he is pretty poor in attacking positions. Instead of taking Cahill off and bringing on a striker, he would rather mess around with the set up of the team.

Against Liverpool in the Semi, he was looking to bring Coleman on because he was a defensive player which you can understand when we are 1-0 and have clearly set our stall up to defend. It shows how inflexible he is, that he still brought him on when it went to 1-1, and whilst Gueye wasnt having a great game, he was still one of the most likely candidates to create an opening for us to score. If anything Coleman should have been coming on as a RB to attack Liverpool and swing the pendulum back in our favour.

In an ideal world we would have had a player like Drenthe coming on to make the impact we needed, and maybe thats what Moyes would have done if he was available. I doubt it, but its a possibility.

Letting Joseph Yobo back into the club would be a shocking decision. End of story.

As for Drenthe I think that hes a really good player but if he's going to be an absolute tit and make the club look like a joke then he can go. I won't have sleepless nights crying about him leaving and I'm sure we can bring someone in who is just as good.

Tbh our last two performances against Liverpool have made this club look a lot more like a joke that Drenthe has.

I do agree with what you are saying though, if he wants to piss an opportunity up the wall then good luck to him, but Id rather it not be here. Although I very much doubt we will bring in anyone that can have his impact or with his quality as we dont have the finances for it.

Tbh our last two performances against Liverpool have made this club look a lot more like a joke that Drenthe has.

I do agree with what you are saying though, if he wants to piss an opportunity up the wall then good luck to him, but Id rather it not be here. Although I very much doubt we will bring in anyone that can have his impact or with his quality as we dont have the finances for it.

I would rather have Piennar any day of the week