IGNORED

Yak scores 4 but we got Saha.

Memmaclub

Yak has 12 goals, but he's only scored in 6 matches. Everton have scored 18 times in the Prem. Awful, I agree, yet funnily enough, Liverpool have only 6 more than we do, including the 3 goals they scored yesterday, and their strike force and midfield are quite formidable. We'll get there. We just have to be realistic with our expectations and a little more patient with Moyes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

I can understand your view zoo however you say that players need to perform week in week out to earn there place in the team, obviously that is not the case with Moyes as many of our players havent performed since the first game of the season. The point that I was making about the derby was that he gave a fantastic account of himself and should been given a run for a few games rather than dropping him straight away for Saha. I truely believe that if Yakubu was playing this season for us and had been given the same game time as Saha he would undoubtably of got more goals than any of our current forwards, resulting in us earning a higher place in the league and thats what hurts the most that he is what we have been crying out for maybe not when he was here but the job Yak is doing at the moment would make him the ideal striker for us in my opinion. I think I would have the same reaction to Yak though if I had put in a superb performance and then dropped I would just think, its not working with the gaffer for what ever reason, I would look for a way out.. which has payed him dividends. Fully agree with players needing to perform week in week out though but none of our forwards have been so thats why it is so annoying!!

Edited by blueboy122

...but the job Yak is doing at the moment would make him the ideal striker for us in my opinion.

That's my point exactly. I agree that Yakubu can be the best striker in the world but he's just too lazy to ever do it week in and week out. The only reason that he is looking so good for Blackburn is because he is in a new team and he is working his arse off which he has done all his career. Whenever he gets into a new team he does well and then slowly dips in form until he is useless. I agree that we are crying out for a striker but Yakubu is not the answer, the argument that he would have been scoring the same amount of goals for us and he has been doing at Blackburn in my opinion is invalid because he would have been playing for us with the same, lazy mental state that he had been doing for the past 2 or 3 years.

I can understand your view zoo however you say that players need to perform week in week out to earn there place in the team, obviously that is not the case with Moyes as many of our players havent performed since the first game of the season. The point that I was making about the derby was that he gave a fantastic account of himself and should been given a run for a few games rather than dropping him straight away for Saha. I truely believe that if Yakubu was playing this season for us and had been given the same game time as Saha he would undoubtably of got more goals than any of our current forwards, resulting in us earning a higher place in the league and thats what hurts the most that he is what we have been crying out for maybe not when he was here but the job Yak is doing at the moment would make him the ideal striker for us in my opinion. I think I would have the same reaction to Yak though if I had put in a superb performance and then dropped I would just think, its not working with the gaffer for what ever reason, I would look for a way out.. which has payed him dividends. Fully agree with players needing to perform week in week out though but none of our forwards have been so thats why it is so annoying!!

We sold Beckford too, and he had bagged a few last year himself. I can only put it down to the club having to satisfy the banks. Losing Yak took wages off the bill. That combined with a free profit from Beckford ends up quite a sum. Maybe they felt Saha was the cheaper option regarding wages, and felt he would be more likely to score. The alternative might have been to sell Baines, or Fellaini etc, so it could be they just had to bite the bullet. Arteta going spoke many words.

The reason that Beckford left is because Moyes knew that he woulden't a top striker at our club. I'm not saying that he didn't have a good first season with us because he did but if look at him now at Leicester City he has only managed to score two goals for them which, when you consder they play in the tier below us shows that he wasn't cut out to be a 30 goal a season striker like we all thought he could be. We signed him on a free and sold him for £2,500,000 which in my opinion is good business.

Similarly with Arteta. Mikel hadn't been performing of late and I was under the impression that he was about to do a Cahill (i.e - go from being one of the clubs best players to one of the worst), add that to the fact that he wanted Champions League football and a last shot at breaking into the Spanish national team and its obvious to see why he left us. Arteta is similar to Beckford too in that we bought him cheap from Real Sociedad and sold him for a bit more, it's good business.

The reason that Beckford left is because Moyes knew that he woulden't a top striker at our club. I'm not saying that he didn't have a good first season with us because he did but if look at him now at Leicester City he has only managed to score two goals for them which, when you consder they play in the tier below us shows that he wasn't cut out to be a 30 goal a season striker like we all thought he could be. We signed him on a free and sold him for £2,500,000 which in my opinion is good business.

Similarly with Arteta. Mikel hadn't been performing of late and I was under the impression that he was about to do a Cahill (i.e - go from being one of the clubs best players to one of the worst), add that to the fact that he wanted Champions League football and a last shot at breaking into the Spanish national team and its obvious to see why he left us. Arteta is similar to Beckford too in that we bought him cheap from Real Sociedad and sold him for a bit more, it's good business.

There were mixed opinions on Beckford. I think it's irrelevant regarding how he is performing for Leicester. Psychologically, a move from Everton to Leicester is a huge blow, so I think he would probably have lost much confidence. Personally I liked him, and would have liked 2 or 3 seasons to see what he could do. It's history now though, so a pointless discussion, as is Yakubu, at least in relation to his time here. Players often perform differently under different environments. It's a big subject involving our mental states. Pushing the right buttons can get the best out of players. I'd have to question as to whether the right buttons were pressed with these players. At the same time, players need to let managers know what those buttons are, by the correct responses. I think Yakubu needed an arm around his shoulder telling him how much he was loved, and how great he was. I'm not sure Moyes is that type of manager.

Guest blueboy122

As I say I can see both sides much like the suarez case I see were both parties are coming from, I feel abit bitter towards the club selling Yakubu at the moment due to how well he is currentley performing. Also I didnt mean he would score the same amount of goals for us as he has for Blackburn I just meant that he would have scored alot more than our current forwards because what ever mood Yakubu is in I think he just has the nack of scoring goals. Within regards to your comment of he would have never have scored goals for us that argument would also be in valid as we will never know but as you say its all opinion. As for selling beckford I think that the club was most definatley right to have sold him even though he did show some promise because of our current financial status the offer was to good to refuse and also meant a great bit of business. By the way I am under the illusion that when we signed Saha he was only on a pay as you play deal, is that still the case? If it is drop him save on wages and use the kids as they have shown more than Saha has all season.

Beckford was sold because of his bad attitude. Good business, though I wish he had stayed and been given a real chance.

Yak was sold because he was bored with us and wanted a change. Just because hes had a good few games for another team doesnt mean he wouldve done it for us - he had plenty of opportunity to show he wanted to play for us.

Saha is playing badly because he gets no service for most of the game and tires himself out dropping deep to look for the ball, getting himself out of the position he is most deadly in. He also needs a strike partner because he cant play as a loan striker.

As I say I can see both sides much like the suarez case I see were both parties are coming from, I feel abit bitter towards the club selling Yakubu at the moment due to how well he is currentley performing. Also I didnt mean he would score the same amount of goals for us as he has for Blackburn I just meant that he would have scored alot more than our current forwards because what ever mood Yakubu is in I think he just has the nack of scoring goals. Within regards to your comment of he would have never have scored goals for us that argument would also be in valid as we will never know but as you say its all opinion. As for selling beckford I think that the club was most definatley right to have sold him even though he did show some promise because of our current financial status the offer was to good to refuse and also meant a great bit of business. By the way I am under the illusion that when we signed Saha he was only on a pay as you play deal, is that still the case? If it is drop him save on wages and use the kids as they have shown more than Saha has all season.

Blueboy, can you use the quote facility, as I can never be sure who you are discussing partticular issues with. His wages were a matter of discussion at the time of his signing. Saha had 'offered' to play and be paid, but Moyes would not allow it, and he was paid the same as the next guy.

Beckford was sold because of his bad attitude. Good business, though I wish he had stayed and been given a real chance.

Yak was sold because he was bored with us and wanted a change. Just because hes had a good few games for another team doesnt mean he wouldve done it for us - he had plenty of opportunity to show he wanted to play for us.

Saha is playing badly because he gets no service for most of the game and tires himself out dropping deep to look for the ball, getting himself out of the position he is most deadly in. He also needs a strike partner because he cant play as a loan striker.

Matt, do you have any solid evidence that points to Beckford having a bad attitude? I don't doubt you, but I've not had the pleasure of any article pointing towards this.

Matt, do you have any solid evidence that points to Beckford having a bad attitude? I don't doubt you, but I've not had the pleasure of any article pointing towards this.

No solid evidence that I can be bothered searching for on new years eve. Saw him talking back to Moyes when subbed and kicking up a fight last season, cant remember which game. He also missed a game after getting stuck in traffic (which could be argued its not his fault).

Im not convinced he was bad per se, more arrogant, but it would explain why he was sold. It also seems to be the general consensus looking around

No solid evidence that I can be bothered searching for on new years eve. Saw him talking back to Moyes when subbed and kicking up a fight last season, cant remember which game. He also missed a game after getting stuck in traffic (which could be argued its not his fault).

Im not convinced he was bad per se, more arrogant, but it would explain why he was sold. It also seems to be the general consensus looking around

Not heard anything from Everton regarding it. It probably won't come out either.

To be fair Yak was never given a fair crack of the whip since he got injured. Even then, when he did play he was better than our other strikers.

He is a lazy player without the ball but we knew that when we bought him. However if you get the ball into his feet, where he can hold the ball up he will bring others into play, exactly like he did at Blackburn today. He also makes very clever runs off defenders to just find a half a yard of space to get a shot away. He was the one player we have had in recent times that can play as a lone striker and we sold him for £1.5mil.

Im glad to see him back playing games and scoring, proving a lot of people (not necessarily on here) that he still has it.

To be fair Yak was never given a fair crack of the whip since he got injured. Even then, when he did play he was better than our other strikers.

He is a lazy player without the ball but we knew that when we bought him. However if you get the ball into his feet, where he can hold the ball up he will bring others into play, exactly like he did at Blackburn today. He also makes very clever runs off defenders to just find a half a yard of space to get a shot away. He was the one player we have had in recent times that can play as a lone striker and we sold him for £1.5mil.

Im glad to see him back playing games and scoring, proving a lot of people (not necessarily on here) that he still has it.

he had enough opportunities in my opinion, he just wasnt interested. He is good when you get the ball to his feet but in our days of hoofball and not supporting the striker with players attacking in unison, it didnt suit him and he just couldnt be bothered. I can almost forgive his laziness (though I hate laziness) but the thing I really couldnt stand was his diving.

1,5m was a disgrace though, Blackburn got an absolute bargain.

what we talking about here, Blackpool Rock?

Yakubu for the most part just didn't work, I remember once he had like a purple patch and went on something of a goal spree but that didn't last long, he was more prolific at Middlesbrough by some distance from what I recall, I was initially eager to see what he could produce when he first arrived but there were too many inconsistencies and all I can add is that we never really had a Hall of Famer on our books, Yakubu could produce the goods when willing but for me those times were too few and far between. Saha used to have me excited (from a playing perspective) but just hasn't been as sharp as we once saw, pity really, as he's one of my favorite players of the current team set up

Youve got to be kidding!

The Yak was given plenty of chances to show he could still do it and he just couldnt be arsed. Also his injury had nothing to do with it because his head had already been turned by Spurs before then and he had gone into his customary sulk and his form was woeful as a result

He was just stealing a wage at Everton and had to be moved on, it comes as no surprise at all that he is now banging the goals in at his new club but I would put money on it by the end of next season he will revert back to type

Let's just forget about Yak, he's not and Everton player anymore, and concentrate on Saha who is an Everton player. And he was shite today, once again. Didn't even look to put any effort in whatsoever, and we looked infinitely better with Denis up there just because he was willing to break sweat!

I hope to not see him starting on Wednesday, the useless shitbag.

Let's buy him in the window!!! - seriously though. Anyone who ever thought he was the type of player to burn 1000 calories a game chasing lump balls into corner flags may as well join defensive Davie, Steve and co.

Lazy - yeah, goal scorer - undoubtably.

Anyway, stop adding fuel to my fire, good luck to him. Let's hope we find one this month.

Let's buy him in the window!!! - seriously though. Anyone who ever thought he was the type of player to burn 1000 calories a game chasing lump balls into corner flags may as well join defensive Davie, Steve and co.

Lazy - yeah, goal scorer - undoubtably.

Anyway, stop adding fuel to my fire, good luck to him. Let's hope we find one this month.

I dont think anybody, Moyes included, ever expected him to do that however I did expect him to at least break sweat every now and again and maybe even burn 10 calories

Lazy - yeah, goal scorer - when he wants to be and at Everton he didnt want to be

Its probably unwise to keep Yak for more than a season. Once his enthusiasm wanes so do his performances. Granted his injury didnt help but a pattern is emerging from his time at Portsmouth, Boro and here.

Be interesting to see how he performs next season for a side playing championship football

I dont think anybody, Moyes included, ever expected him to do that however I did expect him to at least break sweat every now and again and maybe even burn 10 calories

Lazy - yeah, goal scorer - when he wants to be and  at Everton he didnt want to be

That's My take on him also the man had no get up and go about him here I know people could quite rightly at times use the Moyes tactic card but It doesn't wash with Yakubu.A lazy player who's enthusiasm "if you can call it that" at Blackburn will soon fade.

The annoying thing about the Yak/Saha situation is that Yak is pulled for his attitude, and is let go for very little money. Yet Saha barely breaks a sweat and Moyes sticks with him. I'm pretty sure I know who i'd rather he stuck with, and its not the one he has.