IGNORED

Yak scores 4 but we got Saha.

Memmaclub

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'm registered on there from years back but I've never really used it. Too big apart from anything else.....on the big ones (if you're a slow typer like me) by the time your contribution goes up the subject has often moved onsad.png .

I like the level of activity we have on here...it's like a few blokes standing around in a pub rather than a mass meetingsmile.png .

This is exactly why i like it here tbh, its like a few lads getting together and chatting on a sunday after the weeks events for the club, its better that way imo.

Romey, do you think a guy on the Internet, starting a hate campaign, in an attempt to get Moyes sacked, can justify that action just because he bought a shirt and an Everton cup off Ebay?

I think youre slightly out of order now Avin, i buy 2 kits every year. Ive been to GP on several occations. Ive now got a wife and kid and when we do go to england (to visit my family) we dont get to go anymore cause its too much of a project. I still love the club that ive supported for over 30 years and I certanly think that i still have a say. Even if im getting my shirts of the internet. (not ebay mind you)

If I want to air my opinion you better listen, just as much as i listen to your opinion. If you dont want to do that i suggest you go ahead and press ignore.

Loving everton isnt something that you can turn off, simply cause you cant go to games anymore. And loving the club intitles you to the right to have an opinion.

I think youre slightly out of order now Avin, i buy 2 kits every year. Ive been to GP on several occations. Ive now got a wife and kid and when we do go to england (to visit my family) we dont get to go anymore cause its too much of a project. I still love the club that ive supported for over 30 years and I certanly think that i still have a say. Even if im getting my shirts of the internet. (not ebay mind you)

If I want to air my opinion you better listen, just as much as i listen to your opinion. If you dont want to do that i suggest you go ahead and press ignore.

Loving everton isnt something that you can turn off, simply cause you cant go to games anymore. And loving the club intitles you to the right to have an opinion.

Read 'all' my posts on the subject Pete, not just the sentence you chose.

Another 'none UK' fan complaining that I questioned 'none UK' fans though is unsurprising.

Did we play better after Saha went off and Distin came on Pete?

I think we did.

What was Saha giving us? Most of our goals come from our midfield, not our strikers. I wouldn't even play Saha given the choice.

Moyes played many games in the past with no strikers, and we won most of them.

I dont see how you can blame Saha, he had no service (again) and thats Moyes fault and the midfields. Cahill got 90 minutes and if he doesnt get 1 next week that will be for a full year without a goal we rely on our defenders just as much for goals because no ones scoring at the moment. Saha coming off werent the reason we played any better, more that cahill was further up the pitch so we had an 'extra' man in midfield to share the ball. Saha is better than Rooney and RVN when fully fit if you ask a man u player or fan.

Even though we played a little better is not of much substance because the tactics have been stale all season and the changes should have been made in training last week after Stoke(if not a few weeks before that) rather than 70 minutes in to the next match. We do the same thing every week, the same players(if fit), formation, and tactics. We need to throw away Moyes note book and start fresh

I dont see how you can blame Saha, he had no service (again) and thats Moyes fault and the midfields. Cahill got 90 minutes and if he doesnt get 1 next week that will be for a full year without a goal we rely on our defenders just as much for goals because no ones scoring at the moment. Saha coming off werent the reason we played any better, more that cahill was further up the pitch so we had an 'extra' man in midfield to share the ball. Saha is better than Rooney and RVN when fully fit if you ask a man u player or fan.

Even though we played a little better is not of much substance because the tactics have been stale all season and the changes should have been made in training last week after Stoke(if not a few weeks before that) rather than 70 minutes in to the next match. We do the same thing every week, the same players(if fit), formation, and tactics. We need to throw away Moyes note book and start fresh

I'm not blind to Moyes' little ways Pete, but I take everything into account before I judge him. Does everybody else on here do this?

I thought we played better because we had an extra man in midfield, but that's just opinion.

I'm not blind to Moyes' little ways Pete, but I take everything into account before I judge him. Does everybody else on here do this?

I thought we played better because we had an extra man in midfield, but that's just opinion.

I've defended Moyes for years, im not like the bluekippers who go from him being god one week to sayin he needs sacking the next. Like his faith in Anichebe, i've showed blind loyalty(city away last season he was spot on), but it is fading away slowly, get a sense of Walter Smith with some of his decisions of late.

I agree with yer on the extra man, just that I believe it's Cahill who needs dropping instead of Saha.

I would say we kept the ball better more than anything else, but that was because we had 6 players in midfield. It didnt exactly lead to many/any chances though, which is unsurprising (albeit that didnt change no matter how many striker/midfielders we had on!)

Great cool finish from Yak.

Kean should do himself a favour and walk, starting to think he wants to be fired to get the pay off.

I don't blame him, he ain't gonna get a string of offers so get some security. The fans haven't given him a chance from the outset. His contract still has 2 years, he would be mad to walk.

He hasn't exactly had any cash and inherited a poor team.

Wait for the payout, that'll sort him out for a few years!

If the fans gave him till at least now before the protests started then fair enough, to me it seems the judged him on his CV and went at it straight away. Pretty much like Villa with McLeish - though I do tend to think as a manager he is hardly top half manager material.

In the mind of Kean he will think "there is no way i'm giving these lot what they want to cost me a couple of million" - I admire his tenacity.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

Every game he plays for Blackburn he looks awsome, even when he is'nt scoring he is holding the play up letting blackburn get out. I am gutted after watching him again today.

Laughing we sold him for £1.5m. It shows too though what a 'couldn't give a toss' player he was while he was here.

Exactly. Yakubu was lazy for us and it was a correct decision for Moyes to have sold him as he was never going to be banging in the goals for us. The spell he is having at Blackburn is the same as he does at every club, in his first year at Portsmouth he smashed in goals and then became lazy and he did the same as Boro too. He had become bored with playing for Everton and his performances on the pitch showed just that. Once this season is over expect him to flop down the pecking order due to his bone idleness not to mention the fact that he's probably found his level, with joining Blackburn and becoming arguably their best player he is inevitably going to get a confidence boost whilst at Everton he was always fighting for competiton with the likes of Saha, Anichebe, Vellios and Beckford.

Exactly. Yakubu was lazy for us and it was a correct decision for Moyes to have sold him as he was never going to be banging in the goals for us. The spell he is having at Blackburn is the same as he does at every club, in his first year at Portsmouth he smashed in goals and then became lazy and he did the same as Boro too. He had become bored with playing for Everton and his performances on the pitch showed just that. Once this season is over expect him to flop down the pecking order due to his bone idleness not to mention the fact that he's probably found his level, with joining Blackburn and becoming arguably their best player he is inevitably going to get a confidence boost whilst at Everton he was always fighting for competiton with the likes of Saha, Anichebe, Vellios and Beckford.

We were correct to get shut. As much as some fans are thinking "Why have we lost a good scorer" they need to remember the guy was a bone idle wage taker in his final years here, and the fact he can suddenly get in to the swing of things at Blackburn underlines what he 'could have done' here had he been arsed. Pleased for Keane about the win, though didn't see that one coming if I'm honest.

Guest blueboy122

I can sort of see both sides, however when I see him play for Blackburn he looks fantastic. You say he was bone idol in his last few seasons or even last season but I can not stop thinking about the derby when people say that, he was the best player on the park that day and he looked like the best striker in the league and then the next game Moyes dropped him. I partly blame Moyes for his downfall here however the book does stop with the player I suppose. Hmm Frustrating!

I can sort of see both sides, however when I see him play for Blackburn he looks fantastic. You say he was bone idol in his last few seasons or even last season but I can not stop thinking about the derby when people say that, he was the best player on the park that day and he looked like the best striker in the league and then the next game Moyes dropped him. I partly blame Moyes for his downfall here however the book does stop with the player I suppose. Hmm Frustrating!

I agree that there was probably an element of the 2 clashing. It could have been that Moyes preferred Saha, so Yakubu lost interest, but these are professional guys, not Sunday league players, so they should be able to put differences aside once on the pitch. He had one good comeback game, and then dropped again. Whatever the reason, he was no good for us not performing, so no point him staying. The price was the big hurt for me, but it seems to underline how badly Moyes wanted shut.

My opinion is exactly the same as Avinalaff here, Yakubu was right to be sold because if he would have still been playing with us this season he would have been just as bone idol as Saha. On that point actually it will be interesting to see what people say when Louis leaves and starts banging in goals for his new club, most strikers will start in a new team on red-hot form but will always tail off as they get more and more comfortable in their positions (Yakubu is no different). It's a no brainer for me - the sale of Yakubu was a good one.

Along with this whilst I am not attacking you personally Blueboy I can't agree that he should have been kept on our books just because he had one good game against Liverpool. Jermaine Beckford has a fanstastic game against Chelsea yet we will kept him and I'm sure some of our other flops such as Kroldrup and Jacobsen had a really good game whilst they were here - in the Premiership players need to put in good games every week to earn their place in a team not just play when they can be arsed.

But like you said it's frustrating, he could have been banging in 20 goals a season for us but he was just too bone idol.

Yak alone has almost as many goals this season as our entire team.

Our entire team have been piss poor in front of goal this season and I'm sure that most clubs will have players that have scored more than our leading goalscorers. I'm sure that the player with the most goals in our team this season is 3 which is shared between Leighton Baines (probably from three penalties), Leon Osman and Vellios. It's a shame really that Saha hasn't even managed to get up there considering he is our 'first-choice striker'

Hmmm, bit of a far cry from the Suarez thread lol. Folks discussing things as adults? Nah, can't be. tongue.png

Yakubu is a thug shaking fist.png

Our entire team have been piss poor in front of goal this season and I'm sure that most clubs will have players that have scored more than our leading goalscorers.

I'm not saying he's got more than our leading goalscorers. I'm talking about our whole side put together. That's ever so slightly embarrassing.

I'm not saying he's got more than our leading goalscorers. I'm talking about our whole side put together. That's ever so slightly embarrassing.

I know, I agree with you totally Romey. The fact that Yakubu has managed to find the net more than our whole team put together is as embarrasing as it gets also taking into account that he plays at arguably the worst side in the division, I just wanted to highlight the fact that even our best goalscorers this season arn't exactly anything to write home about as I'm sure if Titus Bramble was stuck up front for us every week he'd managed to get just as many as them.

Not wanting to jump on the 'Donovan Bandwagon' but surely he could realistically become our leading goalscorer this season?