IGNORED

Arsenal

Matt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thought in my mind that Moyes is the man to take us forward if we ever get that magical buy out evaporated today with THAT substitution. I can't tell you just how fucking livid it made me. Is he that desperate to get Distin back in the side that he'll do anything to make it happen? Why mess with the defence when, even though it was under pressure, was standing up reasonably well to that pressure? Bringing Distin on in itself wasn't the worst substitution in the world but to take our only striker off for a CB is absolutely mind boggling. Further to that we're then left with Cahill upfront who hasn't scored for a bastard year! And he has the bright idea of pushing Fellaini further upfield to be his support, and he's actually pretty crap at that role. Also, he shifts our best CB of the game (Heitinga) into midfield where he has proven many times that he's pretty shit. So with one fell swoop, or one substitution, he completely messes with the dynamic of the side. It was no wonder that Arsenal pretty much instantly took the lead when the team was messed around with that much (needlessly, IMO).

Then with our other substitutions Cahill manages to actually stay on the pitch for 90 minutes despite being utterly ineffective the whole game, and actually ended up playing as a proper midfielder where he has even less impact or usefulness for us.

I'm not going to call for Moyes to be sacked or any of that, but I just cannot back him. I can't.

Howard - Made some cracking saves and if not for him (and Heitinga and Hibbert) we'd have been on the end of an embarrassing hammering.

Hibbert - Put in a good defensive display today - crucial blocks and tackles etc.

Jagielka - He was as dodgy as he's been all season in that first half. He was caught out a lot and Heitinga had to cover for him time after time. He settled down in the second half but he's a massive concern back there.

Heitinga - He really is showing why he's said he wants to play at CB. He was a rock at the back for us all game long (apart from when he was shifted into midfield shaking%20fist.png ). He was left on his own 2 Arsenal defenders running at him at one point, while the rest of our defence was nowhere to be found, and he didn't panic and throw a tackle in, he just stayed calm and RVP was eventually caught offside. My MOTM.

Baines - Very poor from Leighton all round today really. He was terrible defensively, his corners were atrocious, as were his crosses from open play (when we actually bothered to go forward).

Coleman - Attempted to take us forward but more often than not he had no one further upfield to give the ball to so had to turn back and usually ended up losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Neville - I have to say I wasn't best pleased to see him starting today, but, of our two DM's he was by far the better of the two.

Fellaini - I was in awe of the man today. In awe of just how shite he was. His control was awful, his passing was sloppy (and that's being kind), he lost the ball in dangerous areas and then just trotted nonchalantly after the Arsenal player who dispossessed him. I wanted to strangle him.

Bily - He was Bily. That is all.

Cahill - Oh he tries like a good boy but, fuck me, he may as well have not been playing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable.

Saha - I want him to stay in the box. Preferably a fucking wooden one because he's on his last legs.

BOOM...!

I take that as a big compliment given that I thought it was a BOOM in the words of our friend. Spot on s

Am i your fwend? Thumbs up fwend :P But that was certainly a Boom-worthy post by Mark! :)

So you should mate. I honestly lived in ignorance till I read your posts and followed up your words by using my own research and making up my own mind. For that you have my thanks.

Another piece of humble pie, I really didn't rate Heitinga wearing Royal Blue but recently I have had to change my mind.

Whilst Haf does talk sense, hold on to optimism as much as you can!

Moyes has NEVER beaten any of the big four (Chelsea, Shite, Manchester United, Arsenal), away from Goodison in the League since arriving from Preston in 2002, and from what I read today that isn't likely to change any time soon, yeah, Distin on for Saha when we need a result and attacking options, well done Dave, don't know what you were thinking of really

It's like that City game a few weeks ago, some were actually pleased we escaped somewhat intact after a 2-0 loss, and kept it tight, while others , me included, thought why not go out and attack and take a chance, there's no shame in going out and getting your asses kicked for something you believe in and making an effort, instead Moyes that day played it with caution and was maybe holding out for a 0-0 before the start, and even then we still managed to lose, I'd rather have gone for the throat and gone out to win, City are not the super world class team some would believe and I sincerely think with a different approach that day we may well have got something

I don't want to get into Moyes slagging mode as I think as an individual, he's a decent enough man, but soccer is a results business, and yet again today highlighted some of the man's managerial deficiencies

I know we have very little in terms of back up for front positions and I know we sol yak and becks for the money and to save on wages. But I don't see why we persist with saha and cahill. Put velios and barkley there and if it takes us down or keeps us up atleast it something which takes us forward. Cahill and saha cannot take us forward and there complete shit is now holding us back. I am sorry but saha scoring record for us since his contract is disgusting and this point in the everton story since moyes took over is the most despairing because we have nothing.

I have said this before but in a way I would rather we were relegated and our club got a new hunger and got rid of the players that are past it and for the wages. Felli has not been the player I have seen and past 4-5 players we need to start again.

Any thought in my mind that Moyes is the man to take us forward if we ever get that magical buy out evaporated today with THAT substitution. I can't tell you just how fucking livid it made me. Is he that desperate to get Distin back in the side that he'll do anything to make it happen? Why mess with the defence when, even though it was under pressure, was standing up reasonably well to that pressure? Bringing Distin on in itself wasn't the worst substitution in the world but to take our only striker off for a CB is absolutely mind boggling. Further to that we're then left with Cahill upfront who hasn't scored for a bastard year! And he has the bright idea of pushing Fellaini further upfield to be his support, and he's actually pretty crap at that role. Also, he shifts our best CB of the game (Heitinga) into midfield where he has proven many times that he's pretty shit. So with one fell swoop, or one substitution, he completely messes with the dynamic of the side. It was no wonder that Arsenal pretty much instantly took the lead when the team was messed around with that much (needlessly, IMO).

Then with our other substitutions Cahill manages to actually stay on the pitch for 90 minutes despite being utterly ineffective the whole game, and actually ended up playing as a proper midfielder where he has even less impact or usefulness for us.

I'm not going to call for Moyes to be sacked or any of that, but I just cannot back him. I can't.

Howard - Made some cracking saves and if not for him (and Heitinga and Hibbert) we'd have been on the end of an embarrassing hammering.

Hibbert - Put in a good defensive display today - crucial blocks and tackles etc.

Jagielka - He was as dodgy as he's been all season in that first half. He was caught out a lot and Heitinga had to cover for him time after time. He settled down in the second half but he's a massive concern back there.

Heitinga - He really is showing why he's said he wants to play at CB. He was a rock at the back for us all game long (apart from when he was shifted into midfield shaking%20fist.png ). He was left on his own 2 Arsenal defenders running at him at one point, while the rest of our defence was nowhere to be found, and he didn't panic and throw a tackle in, he just stayed calm and RVP was eventually caught offside. My MOTM.

Baines - Very poor from Leighton all round today really. He was terrible defensively, his corners were atrocious, as were his crosses from open play (when we actually bothered to go forward).

Coleman - Attempted to take us forward but more often than not he had no one further upfield to give the ball to so had to turn back and usually ended up losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Neville - I have to say I wasn't best pleased to see him starting today, but, of our two DM's he was by far the better of the two.

Fellaini - I was in awe of the man today. In awe of just how shite he was. His control was awful, his passing was sloppy (and that's being kind), he lost the ball in dangerous areas and then just trotted nonchalantly after the Arsenal player who dispossessed him. I wanted to strangle him.

Bily - He was Bily. That is all.

Cahill - Oh he tries like a good boy but, fuck me, he may as well have not been playing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable.

Saha - I want him to stay in the box. Preferably a fucking wooden one because he's on his last legs.

Just what I was thinking.

I'm not sure of your point. We were getting battered. Moyes brought Distin on, and moved Heitinga up into midfield. We started to win midfield battles, and got into the game. The goal was an awesome goal. You can't plan for that goal. We were building momentum as a result of the substitution. 6 minutes after the goal, we had 2 strikers on the pitch. What more can he do?

I'm not sure how you were viewing the game but I had the luxury of an HD tv at my disposal, and from what I saw of the second half, we started rather well. In fact much of the play was engaged in their half. The Saha/Distin business was out of nowhere in terms of what's normally reactionary from Moyes. Then we saw his typical reactionary self in the bringing on of two offensive players almost immediately after the goal.

If nothing else...how on earth can you explain Cahill's involvement in things today? Especially not being hauled off, when he should have been the first.

I'm sorry but flexibility should be a prerequisite for a managerial job. He has none. Talking about finances is an excuse, claiming our squad is weak when we have other options is also an excuse. What else is the bench for? I'm tired of excuses. I thought these were fundamental attributes for simply being an adult?

I'm not sure how you were viewing the game but I had the luxury of an HD tv at my disposal, and from what I saw of the second half, we started rather well. In fact much of the play was engaged in their half. The Saha/Distin business was out of nowhere in terms of what's normally reactionary from Moyes. Then we saw his typical reactionary self in the bringing on of two offensive players almost immediately after the goal.

If nothing else...how on earth can you explain Cahill's involvement in things today? Especially not being hauled off, when he should have been the first.

I'm sorry but flexibility should be a prerequisite for a managerial job. He has none. Talking about finances is an excuse, claiming our squad is weak when we have other options is also an excuse. What else is the bench for? I'm tired of excuses. I thought these were fundamental attributes for simply being an adult?

queue batman sounds in a fight scene! Nail on the head mate

looks like moyes understimated some players, put russian like Attacking Middlefield and saha/gueye/drenthe injured? on left...neville helps coleman more to cross/pressure/attack on RB than hibbert...in the middle we just need Fellaini and Cahill they are good in there, on attack its tricky argie/vellios or anichebe at least is strong for fight vs light arsenal defense.

cmon moyes believe in your team, dont be f4g..

looks like moyes understimated some players, put russian like Attacking Middlefield and saha/gueye/drenthe injured? on left...neville helps coleman more to cross/pressure/attack on RB than hibbert...in the middle we just need Fellaini and Cahill they are good in there, on attack its tricky argie/vellios or anichebe at least is strong for fight vs light arsenal defense.

can someone translate that for me?

Think I deciphered the rest besides the bold...

Let's be honest - we expected to lose as ever at Arsenal... regardless of what happened tactically we lost 1-0 to probably the goal of the season.

We now MUST win the next 2.

You're oversimplifying our problems by thinking like that. We haven't had a single good attacking move in 180 minutes now. I didn't expect us to win at Arsenal, but it would have been nice to see just one decent attack. Is that really too much to ask?

I see your luxury tv just happens to be in New York.

Let's not let 7000 miles get in the way of you condemning Moyes though. How are the Yankees doing these days?

I see lots of moaning coming from Mississippi too, and lots of other overseas locations. What I don't see though is too many 'Moyes Out' comments from folk who go to the match. It seems to be very much an 'Internet forum' trend.

can someone translate that for me?

Way to go Matt. I feel mod of the year coming your way.

What don't you get about mods not causing trouble with members?

Let's be honest - we expected to lose as ever at Arsenal... regardless of what happened tactically we lost 1-0 to probably the goal of the season.

We now MUST win the next 2.

I agree.

It was a superb goal, from the best striker in the world on current form.

Things will hopefully get a bit easier for a bit with the next few matches. The window will be interesting, and I hope Davey gets the players he wants.

So have you all calmed down today peeps?

A few knee jerk reactions yesterday?

Proper fans need a proper manager huh? wink.png

I didnt understand what was written, whats wrong with asking for help?

You took the piss out of him by asking for a translation.

If you want to pretend otherwise, it's up to you, but you'll look worse by doing so.

A member writing that is one thing, but a mod shouldn't mate. It's just like the teacher taking the piss out of a kid in class. It's low.

You took the piss out of him by asking for a translation.

If you want to pretend otherwise, it's up to you, but you'll look worse by doing so.

A member writing that is one thing, but a mod shouldn't mate. It's just like the teacher taking the piss out of a kid in class. It's low.

im not pretending. I know what I meant. If you want to interpret it otherwise, thats up to you. Think most people on here know what i meant.