IGNORED

Arsenal

Matt

The people dont look far into his tactics enough, all they see is striker off... defender on...

How about this: Saha was ineffective so he came off, he was ineffective because he could not win the areal duels.

We have Fellaini and tall, strong player that can win balls, but if we move him and dont replace him we will lose the midfield battles.

So there is Heitinga, a strong tackler and a good distibuter who replaces him. So now there is a hole in our defense so put distin in there.

Then you might say, Why not put in Vellios? Well last week he could not win against the Stoke defenders so this would not be any different.

There... That is probably what Moyes was thinking and if not then he had something else in mind or he is insane :/ (which he probably is not because he has made us a European place contender for the past 4 years +)

He knows what he is doing and he is the best man for the job.

If anybody posted anything similar I am sorry for repeating but I just dont have the time to read all the posts.

It's called 'fickle fan' syndrome.

They can't think outside the box, so rely on assuming the worst.

If they were to stop, and look at things slightly differently, like many others do, including ourselves, they'd see Moyes isn't quite as stupid as they are. smile.png

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Av, you're right about people, including myself, perhaps reacting too quickly. While my original post was fueled by what I had just seen, it is still my opinion-no bandwagon involved. I don't want Moyes gone, but I would like to see something different, just anything, because at this point I'd at least get excited with a simple roll of the dice. Maybe the cup is the venue we'll see it? For the record, I thought Heitinga was doing well against Van Persie, moving him away from marking him changed things a bit. Like someone has already stated, if the Norwich match is executed in another Groundhog Day fashion, I may be a bit peeved.

Thank you for the honesty. Honesty is the best policy mate.

Norwich are playing well at the moment. They've just done Newcastle hard, so I expect another hard battle, but hopefully we can get something out of the game.

oh my god, what an absolute waist of three pages of forum with absolute crap!

half of the posts are about as useful as moyes maing a substitution, the other half as useful as saha's cramped up calfs.

nice one, i cant get the last half hour of my life back.

some people need to have a think if they can actually be bothered with the hassle of it all.

In think to summarise this thread:

We went out to grab a draw against a footballing team with a patched up defence, moyes opted to alter a solid defensive pairing by moving the best centre half into midfield and push fellaini into a position where he is no good. We lacked any creativity and many fans are now completely at a loss as to what Moyes is doing. Only when we conceded did Moyes make a change that may have resulted in a goal - pure frustration. Some may try and defend Moyes but that is a thankless task - his negativity costs us so often.

In think to summarise this thread:

We went out to grab a draw against a footballing team with a patched up defence, moyes opted to alter a solid defensive pairing by moving the best centre half into midfield and push fellaini into a position where he is no good. We lacked any creativity and many fans are now completely at a loss as to what Moyes is doing. Only when we conceded did Moyes make a change that may have resulted in a goal - pure frustration. Some may try and defend Moyes but that is a thankless task - his negativity costs us so often.

I'd say a small minority of forum dwellers try to put Moyes down, regardless of his ways, while a huge majority of genuine fans support him 100%.

To call Arsenal a football team with a patched up defence shows your mentality, and shows your intention on this board is simply to disrupt and spread negativity, in the hope that a few weak minded individuals might agree with you.

Go and find a hobby Haf.

Why not try this for an avatar instead?

logo-of-doom.png

I'd say a small minority of forum dwellers try to put Moyes down, regardless of his ways, while a huge majority of genuine fans support him 100%.

To call Arsenal a football team with a patched up defence shows your mentality, and shows your intention on this board is simply to disrupt and spread negativity, in the hope that a few weak minded individuals might agree with you.

Go and find a hobby Haf.

Why not try this for an avatar instead?

logo-of-doom.png

Given the conflict you have had on this forum of recent I will stick to football, as it is what I tend to use this forum for - why the comments such as go find a hobby? Needless.

So because I question Moyes tactics then I am not a genuine fan? I disagree. I have a very balanced opinion of Moyes and I respect the man for what he has done - it doesn't mean I have to stick by him no matter what. If I disagree with his tactics I will use this forum as means of communicating why - if someone agrees with me then they are weak minded?

Do I disrupt? No. Do I make opinions that you disagree with? Yes, do I have my own mind and use the freedom to express it without resorting to insults? Yes - the latter part is something I intend to try my best at keeping to.

Given the conflict you have had on this forum of recent I will stick to football, as it is what I tend to use this forum for - why the comments such as go find a hobby? Needless.

So because I question Moyes tactics then I am not a genuine fan? I disagree. I have a very balanced opinion of Moyes and I respect the man for what he has done - it doesn't mean I have to stick by him no matter what. If I disagree with his tactics I will use this forum as means of communicating why - if someone agrees with me then they are weak minded?

Do I disrupt? No. Do I make opinions that you disagree with? Yes, do I have my own mind and use the freedom to express it without resorting to insults? Yes - the latter part is something I intend to try my best at keeping to.

You really are a prize pessimist.

Already you are spreading negativity towards the Norwich match, and it's only Monday.

"Reet lads, today we are playing Norwich. A top team who play attacking football, with pace and creativity - going the same as last week, they haven't got Robin Van Persie so we've got a chance of getting a point here"

You wouldn't last 30 seconds in the Winslow.

logo-of-doom.png

I apologise to those who felt as if last night's debate wasted their time, please don't hate me :o

I would just like to fully reiterate that while I disagreed with a couple of trivial decisions on Moyes' part on Saturday, I remain (mostly) proud of the lads' performance and effort, particularly at the back, and I also remain 100% behind the manager, the players, and everybody associated with the club.

I apologise to those who felt as if last night's debate wasted their time, please don't hate me ohmy.png

I would just like to fully reiterate that while I disagreed with a couple of trivial decisions on Moyes' part on Saturday, I remain (mostly) proud of the lads' performance and effort, particularly at the back, and I also remain 100% behind the manager, the players, and everybody associated with the club.

Seriousy, there's no need to apologise or explain yourself.

If you want to criticise then go right ahead, if you want to praise players/manager/fairies/donkeys then go right ahead.

A forum is for people to express their opinions, it needs no explanation.

I apologise to those who felt as if last night's debate wasted their time, please don't hate me ohmy.png

Good for you mate.

It's time folk stopped feeling sorry for themselves and realise just what a fantastic manager he is.

not wasting anybodies time mate, as mark said, this is a place to put your opinion.

it is encouraged, thats why we are here.

i just dont see why some people wont accept others opinons, positive or negative.

i made the mistake of reading every page, just wish i didnt.

This is not a moyes witch hunt and I don't think my questioning of his tactics would have me in fear of not being able to enjoy a pint.

How many times do I need to re affirm my praise for the great things Moyes has done? This does not grant him immunity from any criticism's. I'm not anti Moyes - I am anti anything that gets in the way of Everton football club being able to deliver a performance that we hope for. It's called aspirations. It's a results business and sentiments count for very little. If we didn't operate on that basis we would have Howard Kendall as a manager.

If moyes does great things, then he gets praised, if not the criticised, it's the same for Baines, Felli, Rodwell etc etc - it's what the game is about.

This is not a moyes witch hunt and I don't think my questioning of his tactics would have me in fear of not being able to enjoy a pint.

How many times do I need to re affirm my praise for the great things Moyes has done? This does not grant him immunity from any criticism's. I'm not anti Moyes - I am anti anything that gets in the way of Everton football club being able to deliver a performance that we hope for. It's called aspirations. It's a results business and sentiments count for very little. If we didn't operate on that basis we would have Howard Kendall as a manager.

If moyes does great things, then he gets praised, if not the criticised, it's the same for Baines, Felli, Rodwell etc etc - it's what the game is about.

Spot on Haf.

I've read enough to not believe you Haf.

This is a small forum, and there is much negativity, so it's no surprise that you have some support, but isn't it time you took each game as it comes, and stop forecasting gloom?

Every day is a new day. The old Moyes thread saw the start of all these arguments. Let's hope the new Moyes thread can see an end to them.

Seriousy, there's no need to apologise or explain yourself.

If you want to criticise then go right ahead, if you want to praise players/manager/fairies/donkeys then go right ahead.

A forum is for people to express their opinions, it needs no explanation.

This

Bailey, I reacted to your comment about my being here to only wind people up.

I apologised for it.

Discussing the match immediately after the game isn't always wise, as temperatures are often high. Things in their written form often appear much more aggressive than they might had we both been at the game, then the pub.

Still, there is a bandwagon element of negativity to this forum lately, and much of it is unjustified. Being opposed to that won't get an apology.

You seem to have me wrong. I would never want anyone to apologise for their opinion, I am here for a discussion. I have my views, but if people can put forward a well reasoned arguement, then I will listen & respond.

I think fans don't look at the bigger picture.

We have played great football under Moyes, but we are unable to do so at present, due to losing not one, but both, of our play makers, who also happened to be 2 of our best players. Fans feel that Moyes should be able to 'change' and we'll be playing great again.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: You can't take away major pieces on a chess board, and still win the chess game every week.

Yes, Moyes could do things differently on occasion, but it's easy for us to say what he should do on a forum. Doing it at pitch side is very different.

Give Moyes a top 4 side, and he will play top 4 football. Give him a bottom 4 side, and you can't expect silverware. Everton need more players, if Moyes is to have options.

To turn on Moyes now, of all times, is piss poor, and that's why a few lads get on my tits. He has been great for us, and still, the board have been unable to back him.

Be angry at the situation, but be angry at Moyes? Nah.

This highlights why you dont seem to understand what a lot of people have said on here. We arent bitching because we dont have a world class team who can play one touch passes before beating the top teams 10-0 (well actually some probably are!). Based on Everton performances for the best part of 2 years, I dont think we would play any differently if we had a top 4 team or bottom 4 team. The only difference would be a top 4 team would do something special and get him out of the shit more often.

Read his comments before the game. According to him, we were beaten before the first whislte against Arsenal, and the team set up mirrored that. It is not acceptable that a man in control of that group of players doesnt think we have a good chance of beating an average Arsenal team. That is what really needs to change.

The people dont look far into his tactics enough, all they see is striker off... defender on...

How about this: Saha was ineffective so he came off, he was ineffective because he could not win the areal duels.

We have Fellaini and tall, strong player that can win balls, but if we move him and dont replace him we will lose the midfield battles.

So there is Heitinga, a strong tackler and a good distibuter who replaces him. So now there is a hole in our defense so put distin in there.

Then you might say, Why not put in Vellios? Well last week he could not win against the Stoke defenders so this would not be any different.

There... That is probably what Moyes was thinking and if not then he had something else in mind or he is insane :/ (which he probably is not because he has made us a European place contender for the past 4 years +)

Saha was struggling because he had no service. We werent able to get the ball to him in any decent positions and he had virtually no support all the time he was on the pitch.

Heitinga had RVP in his pocket for the whole game, was by far our best defender and was moved out of position to play in midfield where he has proven several times that he is ineffective.

Regarding Vellios, God forbid we have more than one striker on the pitch at the same time. 1-0 down and then reverting back to a 4-5-1 with Mcalaney upfront makes little sense.

This.

Saha was struggling because he had no service. We werent able to get the ball to him in any decent positions and he had virtually no support all the time he was on the pitch. Heitinga had RVP in his pocket for the whole game, was by far our best defender and was moved out of position to play in midfield where he has proven several times that he is ineffective.

Saha was getting longballs for service, which he could not win so he put Fellaini up that can win them

Who else could play center mid and do a decent job while felli is moved up... Jags?

Also I am not saying the tactics are right. However, that was what he was probably thinking and it was not so crazy as other people make it out to be.

This highlights why you dont seem to understand what a lot of people have said on here. We arent bitching because we dont have a world class team who can play one touch passes before beating the top teams 10-0 (well actually some probably are!). Based on Everton performances for the best part of 2 years, I dont think we would play any differently if we had a top 4 team or bottom 4 team. The only difference would be a top 4 team would do something special and get him out of the shit more often.

Read his comments before the game. According to him, we were beaten before the first whislte against Arsenal, and the team set up mirrored that. It is not acceptable that a man in control of that group of players doesnt think we have a good chance of beating an average Arsenal team. That is what really needs to change.

Bailey, is it wrong to have a manager who is realistic?

We don't know what he says to the team behind closed doors, but I think the days of managers facing insurmountable odds, and pretending they have a chance are behind us.

Now, the trend seems to be more of a mutual appreciation society between managers of lower rank teams, as they realise they will always be fighting for scraps.

Yes, it looks good to have optimism, but if we're fed up, imagine how fed up Moyes must be. Yes, he has a good wage, but Bill is the actor. Moyes is a manager. Do we really want a happy smiley face whilst the rest of us contemplate the worst?

Actually, don't answer that lol. laugh.png

I see your luxury tv just happens to be in New York.

Let's not let 7000 miles get in the way of you condemning Moyes though. How are the Yankees doing these days?

I see lots of moaning coming from Mississippi too, and lots of other overseas locations. What I don't see though is too many 'Moyes Out' comments from folk who go to the match. It seems to be very much an 'Internet forum' trend.

Hmm, I missed a few arguments there. I was away from the forum for a day. I noticed a couple of pages back that you, Av, mentioned the bemoaning of a fan from Mississippi -- seeing as I'm the only fan from MS, I'd have to assume that is me. Not too pleased that I'm considered a "bandwagon" jumper just because I disagree with Moyes' tactics. I have the benefit of watching the game on the tele with replay, pundit analysis, and stat sheets at my disposal, and I felt able to make an opinion that is based on my own experience while watching the game. Furthermore, I never called for Moyes to be sacked and only that I question his tactics from time to time -- Questioning tactics will always be a trend among the fans.

I realize that Moyes is the most capable manager for this club at the time, but I still question him, because I don't always agree with every decision he makes. Granted, I'm not there, so I'm not at liberty to claim I'm an expert of the game. However, I did watch the game. I saw the ineffectiveness of Cahill, and I've never seen Felliani play well in an attacking role (ever), so I assume Moyes was seeing the same things. I didn't even disagree with the fact that he brought Distin on; I just felt it should've been Cahill out instead of Saha.

While I'm sure you didn't mean to offend me, your comments make you seem as some sort of elitist who thinks every opinion that differs from his own is incorrect and that, my friend, is what I call narcissism. I'm just baffled that you think that everyone who disagrees with you is some sort of idiot who only makes opinions on the basis of what you consider to be misinformation.

Like you say, it is never wise to comment right after a match, because emotions are swirling, but I still stand by my comments earlier and show no remorse for disagreeing with Moyes from time to time.

Saha was getting longballs for service, which he could not win so he put Fellaini up that can win them

Who else could play center mid and do a decent job while felli is moved up... Jags?

Also I am not saying the tactics are right. However, that was what he was probably thinking and it was not so crazy as other people make it out to be.

We werent really playing that many long balls, certainly not like we have been. Saha just simply didnt touch the ball (I think I read on the executioners blog that it was the lowest by far, possibly something like 15 touches). We werent getting the ball to him anywhere, and Saha wasnt exactly working hard to get into the spaces. Fellaini has showed several times that he isnt a striker, and while he wins the ball in the air defensively where he reads the game better, his aeriel prowess is much more limited with his back to goal (same goes with Cahill as well - mainly because they are against stronger & bigger CB's). If we wanted presence then Vellios should have come on the pitch, and we shouldnt have shuffled two players out of position to accomodate Distin.

That last line is right though, it isnt crazy as such, but it was a very negative & disruptive change when the game is in the balance. It was more about stopping Arsenal than causing them problems.

Don't worry about it TonkaRoost, I hardly get to any Everton games, but I've played plenty and coached a team for a few years.With that and the tv highlights, streams etc, it's not hard to see when a player isn't giving 100% or when a manager gets it wrong.You really don't have to be pitch side.

If you've started following Everton in the last few years your hardly a 'bandwagon jumper'.....that could only be leveled at a person who joins a team whilst they are doing well.....hardly us in the last couple of seasons!

I like Moyes, but questions should be able to be asked of him.

Bailey, is it wrong to have a manager who is realistic?

We don't know what he says to the team behind closed doors, but I think the days of managers facing insurmountable odds, and pretending they have a chance are behind us.

Now, the trend seems to be more of a mutual appreciation society between managers of lower rank teams, as they realise they will always be fighting for scraps.

Yes, it looks good to have optimism, but if we're fed up, imagine how fed up Moyes must be. Yes, he has a good wage, but Bill is the actor. Moyes is a manager. Do we really want a happy smiley face whilst the rest of us contemplate the worst?

Actually, don't answer that lol. laugh.png

Tough, im answering! tongue.png

No its not, but it isnt unrealistic to think we might challenge these teams. How would you feel as a player if your manager says he doesnt think the team can win everytime they play a decent team. Expectations against the better teams arent high so its not like they need dampening. Regardless of what he says behind closed doors, it still shows the complete lack of confidence he has in his players. Its not unfair to say that it also reflects in his team sheets and also his substitutions.

I dont want Moyes to have a happy smiley face, I want to see his determination and belief that we can win games that on paper we shouldnt. Put it this way, when we play Tamworth they will show some real desire to win that game. On paper they shouldnt be anywhere near us, and dont deserve to think they can win, and unless we score a couple of quick goals and put them in their place, their belief will build. There wasnt one minute in that Arsenal game where I thought either the players or manager really thought we were going to win that game, or took the responsibility to get the team going. The only possible exceptions would be Heitinga, Hibbert & Howard.

Hmm, I missed a few arguments there. I was away from the forum for a day. I noticed a couple of pages back that you, Av, mentioned the bemoaning of a fan from Mississippi -- seeing as I'm the only fan from MS, I'd have to assume that is me. Not too pleased that I'm considered a "bandwagon" jumper just because I disagree with Moyes' tactics. I have the benefit of watching the game on the tele with replay, pundit analysis, and stat sheets at my disposal, and I felt able to make an opinion that is based on my own experience while watching the game. Furthermore, I never called for Moyes to be sacked and only that I question his tactics from time to time -- Questioning tactics will always be a trend among the fans.

I realize that Moyes is the most capable manager for this club at the time, but I still question him, because I don't always agree with every decision he makes. Granted, I'm not there, so I'm not at liberty to claim I'm an expert of the game. However, I did watch the game. I saw the ineffectiveness of Cahill, and I've never seen Felliani play well in an attacking role (ever), so I assume Moyes was seeing the same things. I didn't even disagree with the fact that he brought Distin on; I just felt it should've been Cahill out instead of Saha.

While I'm sure you didn't mean to offend me, your comments make you seem as some sort of elitist who thinks every opinion that differs from his own is incorrect and that, my friend, is what I call narcissism. I'm just baffled that you think that everyone who disagrees with you is some sort of idiot who only makes opinions on the basis of what you consider to be misinformation.

Like you say, it is never wise to comment right after a match, because emotions are swirling, but I still stand by my comments earlier and show no remorse for disagreeing with Moyes from time to time.

Which bit of Steve's post regarding arguments on the forum did you miss?

If you don't like my opinions, feel free to put me on ignore.

Personally I don't like foreign fans calling for my local teams manager to step down, be it on this forum or any other. If they want to discuss every other aspect, that's fine with me. If you don't like my stance on foreign fans, tough. It's 'my' opinion. Perhaps you want to discuss our economy, or even have a vote in our local election too.

The ignore button is right here: http://www.toffeetal...ea=ignoredusers

Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify Tonka, there are only so many times a member can have a go at me for the same comment, and only so many times I can discuss the related comment, so with respect, having it brought up every time another member mentions it gets a bit stale. Time to move on now, and let the forum return to the harmony it was, before we all fell out over Moyes. All the best.

Edited by Avinalaff

Personally I don't like foreign fans calling for my local teams manager to step down(1), be it on this forum or any other. If they want to discuss every other aspect, that's fine with me. If you don't like my stance on foreign fans, tough. It's 'my' opinion. Perhaps you want to discuss our economy, or even have a vote in our local election too(2).

Edit: Just to clarify Tonka, there are only so many times a member can have a go at me for the same comment(3), and only so many times I can discuss the related comment, so with respect, having it brought up every time another member mentions it gets a bit stale. Time to move on now, and let the forum return to the harmony it was, before we all fell out over Moyes. All the best.

1. Never asked him to step down. Get your shit together. I respect that you may not like me because I'm foreign, but if you're going to dislike me, make sure it's for the reasons you say.

2. Really? Very childish analogy.

3. Nah, I live in a different time-zone. If you're going to say something that is personal with me, you're going to hear from me, even if it is after everyone else has said the same thing.

To quote Newton: "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

Wait, am I allowed to quote him? He is from England...

1. Never asked him to step down. Get your shit together. I respect that you may not like me because I'm foreign, but if you're going to dislike me, make sure it's for the reasons you say.

2. Really? Very childish analogy.

3. Nah, I live in a different time-zone. If you're going to say something that is personal with me, you're going to hear from me, even if it is after everyone else has said the same thing.

To quote Newton: "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

Wait, am I allowed to quote him? He is from England...

Tonk, I might have to disappoint you here mate.

As much as we'd all love to keep arguing about it, we've all agreed to let things go for the sake of the forum.

I think you'll find I didn't actually quote you in any of my posts, and the Mississippi thing was no big deal (I could have said China), but hey ho.

Do I dislike you? Well, not yet, but there's time for everything I guess. Don't think I'm going to lick your ear though if I 'do' like you. I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that.

As for tact, I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't do tact too well I'm afraid, but I'm learning. smile.png This is my nice side btw. Can't you just smell the fresh air and Daffodils?wub.png

Tonk, I might have to disappoint you here mate.

As much as we'd all love to keep arguing about it, we've all agreed to let things go for the sake of the forum.

I think you'll find I didn't actually quote you in any of my posts, and the Mississippi thing was no big deal (I could have said China), but hey ho.

Do I dislike you? Well, not yet, but there's time for everything I guess. Don't think I'm going to lick your ear though if I 'do' like you. I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that.

As for tact, I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't do tact too well I'm afraid, but I'm learning. smile.png This is my nice side btw. Can't you just smell the fresh air and Daffodils?wub.png

Seeing as Mississippi is a fairly less common place to mention than China, I could only feel singled out.

...but fair enough. I don't expect anything from you, except to be fair with my comments. Then again, I realize you don't have to be.

All is good, mate. afro2.gif

Seeing as Mississippi is a fairly less common place to mention than China, I could only feel singled out.

...but fair enough. I don't expect anything from you, except to be fair with my comments. Then again, I realize you don't have to be.

All is good, mate. afro2.gif

Nah, I'd just seen it somewhere on the forum. It was just to make a point, nothing personal. Believe me when I tell you I'd let you know if I had something to say lol. I'm not the shyest in coming forward when not happy with somebody. blush.png

It's important to realise that my crime is to defend Moyes with a tad too much enthusiasm. I didn't kick anybody's dog, after all. I'm sure we'll all get on just fine.